Hello There, Guest! Register

Planetside Outfit Introduction thread
Ianki
Pedo^H^H Appreciator of the Youth

11-25-2012, 07:49 PM

If on the off chance we successfully recruit new members for the outfit, post your stories and introductions here!

Old members, feel free to post here anyways, because you're all assholes regardless.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

11-25-2012, 08:55 PM

I know there have been more than a few people who have rolled with us multiple times...dunno how many have made it back here just yet...

For a brief history, played VS on Emerald, NC on Konreid, TR on Johari

On all servers was 'HeresJohnny' or some variant of it.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

11-26-2012, 12:01 AM

Used to be AtomSmasher (BR27/CR4), AtomHacker (BR22/CR3), AtomRed, AtomBlue, TheThnickaman, UniMaxNoob05, and a couple others, primarily on Emerald/Gemini. Gunned mags, shot grenades, and rezzed people since August '03 for a variety of outfits over the many many years I had an active sub (The Landsraad, briefly for Azure Twilight, Planetside TrIAds, -The Outfit-, Allah Akbar Airlines, Big Red Shoes & Elite Gen Defense Squad).

[edit for backstory per Rummy's request]
AtomSmasher was my monicker when I started playing PS. I used variants of it for my PS alts, to designate use (AtomSmasher was my main, AtomHacker was my infil alt, and Red/Blue were OpFor alts, the rest were nonsensical throwaway names for various outfit operation nights).

My online name has since shifted/shortened to simply at0m, and I have changed my character names in PS2 to suit (at0m VS on Mattherson, at0mblue NC on jaeger?, at0mred TR on whateverthefuckserverourTRcharactersareon).
[/edit]

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2012, 12:37 AM by at0m.)
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

11-26-2012, 01:00 AM

I came to PS late when it was down to one server.  I ran a lot of grunt guns.  Mostly HA and Thumper.  I was one of the usual mag drivers.  My favorite tactics are still Phantasm hot drops (I usually was the jammer whore) and gen crashes.  I was always more in favor of capping bases than letting ppl EXP whore by having the pointless, never ending stair fights.  God I hated those.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
rumsfald

11-26-2012, 06:42 PM

<stands>

Hi I'm a chinese farming bot and it's been 7 days since I last trolled Kalarifik.

<boos from audience>

For the long-term vets, please comment on your choice to either keep your old name or pick a new one. For a community as old and as tight as planetside (seriously, some of you paid a lot of money for that game), why would you change your name to break from your old persona?

<<panick thought - LONGFELLA might have renamed himself in the new game. SHUDDER>>

Goffin
BRB, Posting

11-27-2012, 11:05 AM

In a nutshell.  I played the game from birth, up to it's dying end.  I started as VS since they were gimped only to slowly grow a hatred for that empire due to outfits exploiting maxes to no extent (when the max cert was grouped).    I left the game entirely for months ( a big step since I've played for 4 years straight)and when I came back I rolled NC.    I got recruited by the best NC outfit on emerald in regards to skill and game play mechanics, and I never left.   

While playing VS,  I met Caffe aka heresjohnny and his nuts didn't even drop yet.  Were you 14 at the time caff?  anyhow,  I was always impressed by caff's manners he would bring in to our teamspeak/vent at 14.  Never spoke up,  never acted his age and was always , always up to shenangins  ;D.     

Mystic was my VS character.  I was apart of the VSC (VS Commandr)where all VS outfits picked 5 cr5's to lead the entire bunch .  Here's a VS cr5 list for you old schoolers

VS Command[VSC]

VSC concept is as follows, 5(or more depends on what is needed) cr5s are elected as VS Commanders. There responsiblities are as follows:

VS Commanders
1. Settle Disputes
2. Start Discussions on next Target before current target is completed [completed could be failed or recalling for another target(defence basicly)]
3. Consider all options and opinions
4. Start Vote
5. Make Final Decisions right before last base is complete and globals it
6. Lead conts as any CR5 would
7. Respect all cr5s and VS
8. Ignore all other cr5s that counter global or are destructive to VS Command
9. Enfore that cr5s are involved in VS Command

5 Appointed VS Commanders
Francko
Renoir
Mystic
Rahl
Laylos

VSC List[Will be edited as more cr5s agree](42 cr5s)
Laylos
Francko
martyr
Technocracy
Tightfire
TheRenDog
WasntMe
duffman626
Wolvpak99
Motherload
Rahl
Kro
elana
VanuCommander
Nyghtshayde
Mystic
MirrorBOY
VentoX
Reija
OB15
Mystic
Renoir
SolidC22
Malign
Nola1
burtonshift
johnypilgrim
RhodeIslandRed
RagOnAStick
TJ2spike
AFIronWolfAF
Dyram
Guru
ObsidianOne
NemesisOrion
ronrich
Kytana
BfnFizz
DviddLeff
SharkTank
Reavers
Number1Playa
KelesK
kazzmann5000
CastleGreyskull
XTheEnder
gh0stwraith

Bu

Ball punching for Teh Win!                        
[Image: bruce%20lee%20animated%20gif.gif]    

Incoming!!!
[Image: soelb3.gif]

[Image: b_560x95.png]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

11-27-2012, 11:14 AM

Actually iirc, I was 17/18 when PS1 was released

And damn thats an old list....there was a CR5 only forums somewhere, and I definitely remember some of those names, but seriously who let nemesis orion onto that list....

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

11-27-2012, 11:38 AM

I started playing in early 09 when it was down to only 1 server. I miss the old days  :'(

I'm niartd on whatever the main server were playing on is called.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

11-27-2012, 11:48 AM

(11-27-2012, 11:14 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Actually iirc, I was 17/18 when PS1 was released

And damn thats an old list....there was a CR5 only forums somewhere, and I definitely remember some of those names, but seriously who let nemesis orion onto that list....
http://www.commandrank5.com/

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Goffin
BRB, Posting

11-27-2012, 12:42 PM

(11-27-2012, 11:48 AM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=6632.msg257476#msg257476 date=1354032879]
Actually iirc, I was 17/18 when PS1 was released

http://www.commandrank5.com/
[/quote]

Yep.  That's where I got that old ass list  lol.    Rahl has kept it up ever since.  

And I don't know why I thought you were that young Caff but never the less, good times all around.

Ball punching for Teh Win!                        
[Image: bruce%20lee%20animated%20gif.gif]    

Incoming!!!
[Image: soelb3.gif]

[Image: b_560x95.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM by Goffin.)
Cineo
Lurker

12-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Hey, I auto inserted into a squad...it happened to be you guys...and you we're pretty cool. Thanks for letting me join.

Played PS back in 03 when I was about 13/14. And played all the way through till like 06/07. Came back after PS next was announced with more fps mmo etc games under my belt. I loved leading as a CR5 back in like 04 when people were still cool. I'm enjoying PS2 but I actually have a life now/ responsibilities so I can't be on as much as I'd like. But I follow instructions help out, kill crap, tell jokes. So it sounds like I fit in kinda well here.

[Image: B8z1P9DCAAAPiNZ.jpg]
k0ala
BRB, Posting

12-06-2012, 01:43 PM

I was a brbu regular on TF2, Caff said "come join us for saturday shenanigans" and I've been purple since PS1 Core, [sub][sub]after PS1 jumped the shark.[/sub][/sub] I like HA grunt and MAX, and I can hit my dumbfires 4 times out of 5.

[Image: i9pkpXG.jpg]
Didzo
Uninstalling

12-06-2012, 05:03 PM

I'm Didzo. I've been in BRBU playing TF2 for a while, but I only got in on Planetside in the beta, so I'm a relative newb in this section.

In game I prefer playing HA or piloting vehicles while letting my sunny personality shine through on voice.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

12-06-2012, 09:57 PM

I'm Karth. I joined BRB,U about 2 months after its inception and started planetside...I don't know, 8 months after that? Been playing for a while and love cooperative video games.
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

12-07-2012, 02:10 PM

anime

Elder
BRB, Posting

12-07-2012, 03:40 PM

I go by Elder i drive the bus thats part mountain goat and successfully found the Vanu holy land. I play HA and Engi and more recently have gotten into LA with C4 and other such shenanigans. I play planetside ops with the rest of BRBU as well as a number of other fun games.

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Turtle
Justin Bieber

12-07-2012, 06:15 PM

Hello friends i downloaded this game cause it looks sweet as fuck, turtz20 cruisin in his floating tank

Gasman
Lurker

12-07-2012, 11:19 PM

Gasman, or Illidia ingame, reporting for duty. Now that I found a fix for my crashing issue, I should show up more often now. I started playing Planetside 2 at the end of the beta. I play LA and a small smattering of HA.
Vandamguy

12-10-2012, 09:05 AM

(12-06-2012, 12:45 PM)KillerObe link Wrote: Hey, I auto inserted into a squad...it happened to be you guys...and you we're pretty cool. Thanks for letting me join.

Played PS back in 03 when I was about 13/14. And played all the way through till like 06/07. Came back after PS next was announced with more fps mmo etc games under my belt. I loved leading as a CR5 back in like 04 when people were still cool. I'm enjoying PS2 but I actually have a life now/ responsibilities so I can't be on as much as I'd like. But I follow instructions help out, kill crap, tell jokes. So it sounds like I fit in kinda well here.

this guy wins the thread since we just seem to be reintroducing ourselves to ourselves

career engi here.

after im done with his certs im going to build up a mag, i will name it rapezone
Kor
Crits = Skill

12-10-2012, 07:07 PM

(12-10-2012, 09:05 AM)Vandamdad link Wrote: this guy wins the thread since we just seem to be reintroducing ourselves to ourselves

More like introducing ourselves to those that are fresh to the BRBu community.

I'm sure we're all literate, so I'm easily identified by my voice. I'm generally an easy going guy until competitive side comes out, then its all srsbsns with call outs and strategy. I love using the counter-punch as a tactic, so you'll often find me outside of the zerg, sidecapping or securing outlying areas. Don't be afraid to say hullo, people don't get fed to my beard unless their complete cunts.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein