Hello There, Guest! Register

Dealing with Lib Spam
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

12-15-2012, 03:12 PM

Ok so yes, I bitch a lot, thats why I'm trying to find solutions.  Libs aren't OP, but when 6-7 show up and blanket one outpost there's very little you can do about it.  All AA gets crushed under the spam and they can still sit damn near outside of Burster range to the point they're taking little to no damage.  Most players haven't put any certs or time into ESFs.  Me included.  So I'm looking for a way to handle Lib spam and try to get the pilots on timer or at least buy enough time to get AA up and spread out.  I might have a possible strategy to counter this.

Ok so a lot of us SUCK with ESFs.  As soon as Libs start hemming us in, redeploy to the closest point where we can.  Pull ESFs.  Most of us can't dogfight for crap.  What we can do is put it on the ceiling, head for the libs.  When close enough, afterburn directly into the roof of the Lib.  You can shoot at it while you're going in.  From what I'm reading it's perfectly possible to kill a Lib in this manner, or at the least cause crippling damage that means someone else will finish it.  Basically the goal is to make it crash or at least fuck off for a while.  If we have multiple players we can hit the same Lib twice in this manner.  This also rather falls in line with the kind of nonsense we do anyway XD

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

12-15-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:Karrde link=topic=6679.msg258526#msg258526 date=1355602329]
From what I'm reading it's perfectly possible to kill a Lib in this manner, or at the least cause crippling damage that means someone else will finish it.  Basically the goal is to make it crash or at least fuck off for a while.  If we have multiple players we can hit the same Lib twice in this manner.  This also rather falls in line with the kind of nonsense we do anyway XD

Boost crashing a Scythe into a Lib works. I've blown up a few this way.

[move][/move]
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

12-15-2012, 05:26 PM

I spent a few hours last night just pulling air vehicles to practice flying. The controls are kind of bad but the most important thing remember is use vertical thrusters. Adds a ton of maneuverability and lets you strafe ground targets much more easily.

[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

12-15-2012, 06:01 PM

it's just a flight model I'm terribad with.  Flying reaver and mossy is much easier.  I wish they'd just left the PS1 VTOL model intact for the scythe Tongue

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
HeK
Rotartsinimda

12-16-2012, 01:16 AM

Get bursters, set them up somewhere where the Libs are not shooting at.

IE: If the Libs are saturating a tower, got to one of the outer sites.
Didzo
Uninstalling

12-16-2012, 01:22 AM

(12-16-2012, 01:16 AM)HeK link Wrote: Get bursters, set them up somewhere where the Libs are not shooting at.

IE: If the Libs are saturating a tower, got to one of the outer sites.

Valid strategy, but not really a feasible one in smaller, single spawn sites with nothing else near them.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Kor
Crits = Skill

12-16-2012, 02:16 AM

(12-16-2012, 01:22 AM)Didzo link Wrote: Valid strategy, but not really a feasible one in smaller, single spawn sites with nothing else near them.

When faced with overwhelming opposition, wasting resources is pointless.

People forget about the size of the unit we field on any given night. Sometimes we as a group, and you as an individual, cannot change that situation.

I'll point out, that in the last few nights that we've been together in considerable numbers, every rearguard action we've made has been a successful one.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
rumsfald

12-16-2012, 10:16 AM

(12-16-2012, 02:16 AM)Kor link Wrote: I'll point out, that in the last few nights that we've been together in considerable numbers, every rearguard action we've made has been a successful one.

If our main group strat is going to be Probe/Counter (probe at the flank, push/cap till met with overwhelming resistance, then rotate to counter at a different flank), then we will need to be more nimble. Less waiting around or crying for a bus, more pulling flashes and scythes and getting to the new target fast.

This will also require more discipline in calling targets and bailing before we get too hemmed in.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

12-16-2012, 11:20 AM

(12-16-2012, 10:16 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=Kor link=topic=6679.msg258570#msg258570 date=1355642168]
I'll point out, that in the last few nights that we've been together in considerable numbers, every rearguard action we've made has been a successful one.

If our main group strat is going to be Probe/Counter (probe at the flank, push/cap till met with overwhelming resistance, then rotate to counter at a different flank), then we will need to be more nimble. Less waiting around or crying for a bus, more pulling flashes and scythes and getting to the new target fast.

This will also require more discipline in calling targets and bailing before we get too hemmed in.
[/quote]

I will be back for cat herding tonight  :-*

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel