Hello There, Guest! Register

Planetside 2 Roadmap - Community Feedback - We should get in on this ASAP
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

01-25-2013, 02:16 PM

The devs have deployed a way for people to give feedback on their planned patches and ideas.  There's good and bad the way I see it.

http://www.planetside2.com/roadmap

I think BRBU has a lot to offer in terms of the direction of this game.  I do want to draw attention to one specific thing though that I think is pretty toxic.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index...ers.82693/

Hard no deploy zones or even ones with generators = really bad idea.  I think the idea of the AMS jammer (a player mediated spawn denial tool) that someone came up with is a MUCH better solution.  Anyway, perhaps we should stay on top of this stuff?

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM by [fr31ns]Karrde.)
KorJax
BRB, Posting

01-26-2013, 12:40 PM

Personally as far as no deploy zones what someone posted down further in that thread was a brilliant way to go about it

Biolab benefit = enemy no spawn zone added to the major areas in friendly bases (inclu spawn becons)

Then I suggested further down that you could get around this no spawn zone by hacking (as an infil) a terminal in the base.

So when attacking a base with a biolab benefit spawns would have to be set up outside the base at the start of the fight. Meanwhile you can try and cut off the territory from the biolab, or capture the biolab first, to move further into the base. However this might be hard/impossible depending on the map and territory in question, so each base would also have the actual jammer itself that prevents enemy beacon/sundy spawns within the main areas of the base. An infil can hack this to get rid of the Biolab benefit this base has, until it gets hacked back by the defenders (maybe they could add a noticable 5min cooldown on this hack to prevent it constantly flipping back and forth).

So just like how attackers need to focus on taking down the SCU to surpress enemy spawning, if the defenders lose their jammer, they have to focus on taking back their jammer to supress the enemy spawning within the main areas of the base.

Or (and this is where metagame comes in), to make this easy for your faction as a whole, cut off the territory from the biolab or just capture the biolab, which controls the "continent wide spawn jammer network".

Of course the real hard part about this is putting it all in without making it really confusing what controls what and without completely confusing newbies.

Alternatively, they could just make it so the Biolab benefit doesn't stop all enemy spawning, but simply severely delays it by 30sec or so. So when you die and an enemy has a spawn deployed in a jammer field, that spawn timer would be 30sec long for that sundy instead of 3/5sec or so.

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2013, 12:43 PM by KorJax.)