Hello There, Guest! Register

Sogo's ACEN 2014 Cosplay: The Hero (DQ8)
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

05-20-2013, 11:18 PM

The Nameless Hero from Dragon Quest 8 seems like a decent first cosplay for me, simple outfit, and not too complicated.
[Image: hero.png]
Things I'll need:
Tunic:An easy part, just a blue long sleeved collared shirt with a tad of work for the lacing at the neck.
Coat: Not too complicated, might need to make it from scratch though.
Pants+belt: The easiest part of the cosplay, just need to match the color.
Bandanna: Almost as easy as the pants, just need a decent sized bandanna that matches the color.
Boots: A bit stumped on these, tossed around the idea of Ugg boots simply because of the similar style, although I'm betting/hoping there's an alternative.
Satchel: I own one that's VERY similar, although it's a dark brown leather with a tan strap and a different kind of toggle, so I'll probably end up finding one for the cosplay.
Sword: Probably the hardest part of the cosplay. I might be able to find a similar prop, but I feel like I'll have to make/pay someone else to make it for me.
Munchie: After a bit of thinking, this ended up being a lot easier than I expected, just need a little mouse plush that I can add the mohawkish hair down the back and the tuft on his tail.

Any thoughts/advice?

[move][/move]
kaese
Accepts Non-Virgin Goat Sacrifices

05-20-2013, 11:24 PM

You can make boot covers, it takes more work than just buying a pair of ugglies though (are you going for accuracy?)
here's a tutorial, local seamstress!: http://www.strangelandcostumes.com/tips-boot.html

That sword is a pretty standard looking sword and should be fairly easy to make.

[Image: 46qrx2X.gif]
ask me about mpreg
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

05-20-2013, 11:26 PM

I loved dragon quest 8.  if you could convince gasman to go as yangus, that would be pretty badass.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
Gasman
Lurker

05-20-2013, 11:45 PM

(05-20-2013, 11:26 PM)The Generic Name link Wrote: I loved dragon quest 8.  if you could convince gasman to go as yangus, that would be pretty badass.

Someone involving me in their cosplay? perhaps!