Hello There, Guest! Register

A Game Of Dwarfs (AKA Dwarf Fortress Light)
DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

05-27-2013, 01:30 AM

So awhile ago someone threw a youtube video link at me and told me that "someone was making dwarf fortress except better and with graphics!"

I knew from the trailer that the first was wrong, but I decided to give the game a shot (It's on Steam for $10) Going in I was trying to keep an open mind but it wasn't working too well, I've played a bit of the "campaign" so far and as best I can tell, it's Dwarf Fortress except considerably more restricting, a lot less /fun/ and a lot more pink. It's an interesting game, and if you're willing to pay ten bucks for some PS1 era graphics and a story it's half decent, worth the 10 bucks in my opinion. But in all honesty, if you've got the imagination for it Dwarf Fortress is still better, and free. But, I do plan to finish it regardless.

Though I swear to god if the "dragons" are as "Puff the magic dragon" as they were in the opening cinematic I'm gonna throw a shitfit.

[Image: tumblr_lqbldlY8UP1qcdsqoo1_500.gif]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

05-27-2013, 12:03 PM

I'm still waiting for someone to make a more accessible DF.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

05-28-2013, 01:06 AM

(05-27-2013, 12:03 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: I'm still waiting for someone to make a more accessible DF.

Download Dwarf Fortress, Acquire the Dwarf Therapist program, Pick a Tileset (I personally use Mayday), add the wiki to your bookmarks in your chosen browser, enjoy.

[Image: tumblr_lqbldlY8UP1qcdsqoo1_500.gif]