Hello There, Guest! Register

Magic: The Gathering
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

04-13-2016, 07:29 AM

(04-12-2016, 12:15 PM)Xineoph Wrote: I did a triple Shadows Over Innistrad draft last friday.  Made a green/black deck which had a bunch of Clue/Investigate synergy, but was weak on combat tricks and removal, both of which have been sort of key to making Green/Black work in the past.   I did pick up a relentless dead, a diregraf colossus and a tireless tracker.  OH WELL.  I did end up with two packs for my efforts, though.

If anybody is interested in the mythics/rares I opened(Relentless Dead, Mindwrack Demon, Ever After, Sage of Ancient Lore, and Tireless Tracker), PM or message me and we can work out a deal.  They'll most likely just sit on my shelf unused.

I tried to draft SoI last friday.  it was $13 drafts all last friday.  Turnout was el mucho TERRIBLE. Still looks like a fun draft set.  Friend is going to build two standard decks so I can join him if I want to for standard, but I think I want to Draft first.  either way, WotC Did a better job this time around grabbing the feel and flavor of Innistrad than they did with BFZ. 

My Grimgrin Zombie Tribal EDH is finally built and playable(Not exactly to a point I'm happy with, but still playable), I am hoping to have a playable 5 color ally EDH ready by ACEN, but that is unlikely because mana base.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
Neptune
Lurker

05-11-2016, 03:51 PM

Had two good drafts with SoI, so far, out of four. First one was mono red and I got two Neck Breakers. Amazing. Had a bunch of flips wolves and burn. It was super aggro, just the way I like it.

The other one I did well in, I just won the moment I opened the packs. Got Slayer's Plate pack one, pick one. Lost a match because I forgot to read cards. Crushed the other three rounds. Plate just kinda wins on it's own, especially on turn three. It won me one of those sweet FNM Goblin Warchiefs. Pressure's on to get three more.

Also, inb4 at0m says you at least need a human to equip to it. I had those. There was no shortage. A few one or two drop humans got me on my way, one of which was Hanweir Militia Captain. The rest of the deck was blue with two Stormrider Spirits at the top of the curve and lot of bounce and four Stitched Manglers. This set is crazy to draft.
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

05-13-2016, 09:46 AM

(05-11-2016, 03:51 PM)Neptune Wrote: Had two good drafts with SoI, so far, out of four.  First one was mono red and I got two Neck Breakers.  Amazing.  Had a bunch of flips wolves and burn.  It was super aggro, just the way I like it.

The other one I did well in, I just won the moment I opened the packs.  Got Slayer's Plate pack one, pick one.  Lost a match because I forgot to read cards.  Crushed the other three rounds.  Plate just kinda wins on it's own, especially on turn three.  It won me one of those sweet FNM Goblin Warchiefs.  Pressure's on to get three more.

Also, inb4 at0m says you at least need a human to equip to it.  I had those.  There was no shortage.  A few one or two drop humans got me on my way, one of which was Hanweir Militia Captain. The rest of the deck was blue with two Stormrider Spirits at the top of the curve and lot of bounce and four Stitched Manglers.  This set is crazy to draft.

Still have not had the chance to draft this set yet.  I really want to.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
Neptune
Lurker

05-14-2016, 10:25 AM

Last night (dropped after two rounds. RG wasn't as deep as I'd hoped. Got five rares, though), someone was telling me that there's a viable mill deck in draft format because of Manic Scribe and Fleeting Memories. Then you just get clues and gum up the board. I wanna try it.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

05-19-2016, 10:51 PM

If it's draft, all you need is Just the Wind. Three casts max for game over.