Hello There, Guest! Register

2014 Membership Update eMail
Chooly
BRB, Posting

01-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Just got this in my inbox:

Quote:Dear PlanetSide 2 Premium Member,
We regularly evaluate our offerings at SOE to ensure we are consistently delivering great games and products, while also offering exceptional value to our players. Given that we just started a new year it seemed like the perfect time to add more value!
The week of February 3rd, 2014 we will be making a very important change to Premium Membership in PlanetSide 2. The current benefit of receiving 500 Station Cash (SC) monthly will be replaced with a new benefit that allows you to select one single item valued up to 2000 SC each month. Nearly all items within the games’ Marketplace will be available for this selection. Player Studio items, bundles and additional exclusions may apply. This new benefit must be claimed each month that you are a member as it will not carry over to subsequent months.
We appreciate our customers, especially our valued members, and therefore are excited to bring you this additional value.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you in game soon.
Best,
Sony Online Entertainment LLC

Seems like now, instead of banking SC, you can pick one of basically whatever you want every month, which is stupid because it's one item, regardless of it's cost.
Which means that now your membership SC means squat if you want to purchase items on sale.. Or cheap items like camo or ornaments for example..
They better not mess with the SC I already have banked either.
I don't like this restriction, and I also don't like how it's veiled as 'additional value'

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

01-03-2014, 12:40 PM

It's expected, the problem is the SC is a cross-game currency so they're basically trying to shut down any avenues of people getting it in one game and using it on another.  Dumb since I don't think most people interested in PS give a fuck about EQ and whatever dumb casual games they have on there, but oh well.  I'd never keep a membership active anyways, though it was worth it for the holiday sale to get the Skyguard and Decimator and a few other things.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.