Hello There, Guest! Register

Digital Picture Frames
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

04-22-2014, 10:05 PM

So I know within our little tribe of the internet there is a collection of photographers and tech enthusiasts out there.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a digital picture frame for my mom this Mother's day.  However I was also thinking that if I could get one with a wireless connection that syncs to an online account (say Imgur) so I could upload pictures as I took them, that would be even cooler.

Anyways, does anyone have any words of wisdom regarding digital picture frames, even disregarding the wireless sync aspect of things.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

04-22-2014, 10:49 PM

(04-22-2014, 10:05 PM)Greatbacon link Wrote: So I know within our little tribe of the internet there is a collection of photographers and tech enthusiasts out there.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a digital picture frame for my mom this Mother's day.  However I was also thinking that if I could get one with a wireless connection that syncs to an online account (say Imgur) so I could upload pictures as I took them, that would be even cooler.

Anyways, does anyone have any words of wisdom regarding digital picture frames, even disregarding the wireless sync aspect of things.

Unfortunately I have yet to fine one that doesn't just outright suck.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-23-2014, 02:10 PM

(04-22-2014, 10:49 PM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: [quote author=Greatbacon link=topic=7249.msg277972#msg277972 date=1398222310]
So I know within our little tribe of the internet there is a collection of photographers and tech enthusiasts out there.

Unfortunately I have yet to fine one that doesn't just outright suck.
[/quote]

^

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Didzo
Uninstalling

04-23-2014, 02:27 PM

Think of something else to buy. Problem solved.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

04-23-2014, 04:44 PM

(04-23-2014, 02:27 PM)Didzo link Wrote: Think of something else to buy. Problem solved.
That sure is a sentence.  Thank you for the sentence.
Chooly
BRB, Posting

04-23-2014, 07:53 PM

I had picked up a digital picture frame for my Mom as a birthday present.
She used it for about a week.. then didn't bother to upload new photos to it
I saw it in a box at her house and thought that my girlfriend might have more of a use for it, as she's much more into photography, and has hundreds of photos on her computer.

That being said, I have set it up for her, and threw a bunch of her pictures that I like onto it.
It looks good in the house, but I can tell that the only way new pictures are going to go on it is if I put them on it, since it's a cheaper model without wifi integration and it's interface is a little clunky.

So, try to find something with some WiFi connectivity or cloud syncing options.. Because it's gotta be easy to put pictures on it if it's going to be used often..

http://wireless-digital-frames-review.toptenreviews.com/

Honestly it just looks like a paid review, but it's got a pretty informative breakdown.
As far as cloud synch goes you'll probably have an easier time finding something that synchs with flickr then something like Imgur.

Once you get over the hurdle of usability then I think it's a great idea for anyone that has a lot of pictures on their computer! Good luck!

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
Chooly
BRB, Posting

04-23-2014, 07:54 PM

Whups.. quoted myself instead of editing my post..

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
Didzo
Uninstalling

04-24-2014, 01:36 AM

(04-23-2014, 04:44 PM)Greatbacon link Wrote: [quote author=Didzo link=topic=7249.msg277987#msg277987 date=1398281255]
Think of something else to buy. Problem solved.
That sure is a sentence.  Thank you for the sentence.
[/quote]

You are welcome. Have more.

I'm pretty sure that my mom got one of these for mother's day a couple years back and it had a total of 0 uses. I just don't think that these things are worthwhile investments of time or money.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-24-2014, 08:32 AM

I've owned like 2-3 of these and they are all in boxes, garbage, or the void. I'm not sure which.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]