Hello There, Guest! Register

ACEN 2014 Final countdown MEGATHREAD (meeting minutes, booze, arrivals)
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

04-25-2014, 07:55 PM

This post will be the major information hub for all final organization and logistics concerning ACEN 2014. It's in 3 weeks, so start paying attention! Caff and I will edit this post with the important information over the next few days.

Room assignments

Event List
These are the ACEN events that will be attended by multiple BRBU members.
Thursday 5:30pm - Barcade (Emporium)
Friday 5:00pm - Chicago Friday dinner (Bella Bacino's)

Booze List
Please post what alcohol, mixers and cups you'll be bringing.
Beer and liquor
  • Beer - Caffeine (Pipeworks/Revolution)
  • Beer - Eightball (NewGlarus/Leinie's/Ciderboys/Lakefront/Guinness)
  • Beer - EvilCheese (Homebrew/locals)
  • Beer - Kase & Co (WI locals)
  • Beer - Elder
  • Ciders - TronPaul (Crispen)
  • Rum - TronPaul (Capt Morgan)
  • Rum - Pie (Malibu)
  • Vodka - Lag* (Absolut)
  • Vodka - Pie
  • Scotch - Caffeine (Islay)
  • Scotch - TronPaul (Laphroiag)
  • Whiskey - EvilCheese (Jameson)
  • Gin - EvilCheese
  • Tequila
  • Liqueurs - Eightball (Peach/Irish Cream/Amaretto)
  • Liqueurs - Claire (Peach/RaspberryVodka)
Mixers
  • Sodas - Pixels
  • Orange Juice - Elder
  • Cranberry Juice - Eightball
  • Lemonade - Claire
  • Coke/Pepsi - Elder
  • Tonic Water - EvilCheese
  • Ginger Ale
  • Bitters - Eightball
  • Lime Juice - Eightball
  • Lemon Juice - Eightball
  • Grenadine Syrup - Eightball
Cup (of) duty
  • EvilCheese
  • Kase & Co
  • Eightball
  • Sogo
  • Elder

Arrival Times
Please post when you and your party expect to arrive at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. Post will be sorted in order of arrival.
  • Zaneyard - THURS "early"
  • Caffeine / TronPaul - THURS 11:00AM
  • At0m / EvilCheese - THURS 4:00PM
  • Pie - THURS 4:30PM
  • Lag - THURS 5:00PM
  • Eightball / Generic / Eightball's Crew - THURS 6:00PM
  • Negate - THURS 7:00PM
  • Elder - THURS 7:00PM
  • Neptune / Neptune's Wife / Sogo - THURS 7:00PM

Quote:7:00 – Meeting opening, quick outline: Events, drinks, why don’t we have more people in mumble?
7:01 – Holly & Claire are gigantic FF nerds and intend to attend the Uematsu concert.
7:02 – People need to bring booze, especially: Local specials from outside of IL, “Sam-adams or above” in quality. Mixers eg ginger ale, red bull, fruit juices, Zaneyard’s sweat. Don’t buy shitty beer that no one will drink, even bringing cups will be more valuable than that.
7:05 – The callouts for people & alcohol need to be posted to the forums. Ideally people should post what they’re bringing so we don’t end up with 5 handles of vodka and one thing of juice.
7:06 – Our room is smaller than the presidential suite we had last year.  Confirmed Cabana suite.
7:07 – We need to have the room adjacent to the party suite, due to the smaller size. 36 people so far…
7:08 – Only the cabana suite this year plus a bunch of doubles
7:09 – Stealth release was gay
7:11 – For ACEN 2015: We need to constantly check the sites/twitter/FB page so we don’t get fucked again.
7:12 – Also for room party: Food!
7:13 – Fund currently has no confirmed applicants. Still looking for pledges “in case”.
7:14 – Callout, whatever. Nothing important.
7:18 – Arrival times are worth collecting. Caff at 11am, at0m + convoy at 4pm, eightball + co at 8pm.
7:19 – Barcade run at 5:30 on Thursday. Emporium again
7:20 – Some stuff about room assignments, nothing important. Caff/TronPaul haven’t gotten their badges yet for some reason.
7:23 – Caff and Serain have a table and may need a sub for an hour or two at some point. I haven’t been paying attention lol.
7:25 – Friday dinner at Bella Bacino’s. Need formal RSVPs at this point (around 18 I’m expecting)
7:27 – Make a booze list. Mixer list.
7:28 – Archer cosplay lives! Tronpaul/Eightball/Pie
7:29 – Generic has something important regarding battletech? Got coupons or some shit. 15 of them!
7:30 – EvilCheese is interested in going to a comedy/improv group Second City, perhaps after the Chicago trip. It’s near North/Clybourn? No, Sedgwick off the brown line. Lol, brown line. Wait, no it’s actually Clark & Division. There’s some transfer or some shit, look it up later. Thursday is sold out Sad
7:34 – Invitees to the party: Less space this year so maybe fewer invitees? Requirements: 21+, they need to know you by name.
7:36 – All BRBUers are now 21+! Operation archangel/overwatch/shoveeveryoneintothesideroom. DO NOT PROP THE DOOR OPEN. NO 420 IN THE ROOMS. DON’T DO ANYTHING TO SHAFT YOUR ROOM LEADERS.
7:39 – Most doubles are $188 per night (TOH), maybe $178 per night (TronPaul & Eightball)
7:42 – Sunday is a run-down day, buy your anime shit on that day.

more info to be edited in later
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 02:39 PM by Eightball.)
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

04-26-2014, 12:05 AM

my thursday final got moved to tuesday, so I will be arriving ASAP on thursday. I'll be available to help anyone unload. I will likely be unable to bring any booze with me because I have a new bike and my top case takes up my pillion. I will, however, be able to purchase booze after arrival.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Neptune
Lurker

04-26-2014, 03:54 AM

Count me and my wife for dinner on Fri.  Don't know when we're arriving in Chicago, yet.  Have to pick up Sogo on the way.  How will I get into the room if no one can remember what I look like?
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-26-2014, 06:52 AM

(04-26-2014, 03:54 AM)Neptune link Wrote: Count me and my wife for dinner on Fri.  Don't know when we're arriving in Chicago, yet.  Have to pick up Sogo on the way.  How will I get into the room if no one can remember what I look like?

The party room? I remember what you look like  Tongue

Also I edited eightball's post, make sure you reply here with what you plan to bring for party consumption...

I am bringing
- Beer, Pipeworks & Revolution
- Scotch (Islay)

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

04-26-2014, 08:36 AM

(04-26-2014, 12:05 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: my thursday final got moved to tuesday, so I will be arriving ASAP on thursday. I'll be available to help anyone unload. I will likely be unable to bring any booze with me because I have a new bike and my top case takes up my pillion. I will, however, be able to purchase booze after arrival.

With IL sales tax and Rosemont traffic? F that; tell me what you intend to buy and I'll get it here.
TronPaul
N00b

04-26-2014, 09:15 AM

What I'll be bringing
  • Cider - Crispen
  • Cider - crappy stuff in my fridge
  • Scotch - Laphroaig
  • Rum - Capt Morgan

I'll also be bringing snack food for the party.

I plan on getting in with Caff on Thursday.

Electron Standard!
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

04-26-2014, 09:21 AM

(04-26-2014, 08:36 AM)Eightball link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=7252.msg278061#msg278061 date=1398488722]
my thursday final got moved to tuesday, so I will be arriving ASAP on thursday. I'll be available to help anyone unload. I will likely be unable to bring any booze with me because I have a new bike and my top case takes up my pillion. I will, however, be able to purchase booze after arrival.

With IL sales tax and Rosemont traffic? F that; tell me what you intend to buy and I'll get it here.
[/quote]
I dunno, whatever we still need after everyone else decides what they're going to bring I guess. Also, I might get lucky and have more room in my case than I need and be able to bring something after all.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-26-2014, 10:18 AM

hopefully i'll arrive around 3

is anyone else taking a fairly late flight out? my departure on sunday isn't until 8:45pm because the only other departure times that don't add another 50% to the total roundtrip cost are like 8am/10am and fuck that

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-26-2014, 10:38 AM

(04-26-2014, 10:18 AM)versus link Wrote: hopefully i'll arrive around 3

is anyone else taking a fairly late flight out? my departure on sunday isn't until 8:45pm because the only other departure times that don't add another 50% to the total roundtrip cost are like 8am/10am and fuck that

Last year post con a bunch of us went to Wicker Park to get food...probably this year it will be food + drink and/or chill at my place since my apartment won't be undergoing rehab after a flood

Sig by Joel
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

04-26-2014, 11:19 AM

Since I'm coming in with Nep, count me in for the dinner on friday too.

[move][/move]
Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

04-26-2014, 12:44 PM

Expected arrival: 4:30 pm. Thursday (Plane arrives 3:48 p.m.)

Planned booze: Handle of Rum (probably Malibu) & vodka
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2014, 12:54 PM by Live-Free-Or-Pie.)
TOH
BRB, Posting

04-26-2014, 12:47 PM

As I mentioned in the Mumble convo, if my pledge for the community fund isn't used, please put it towards booze, food, whatever. So I'll pay you for something no matter what, Eightball.

Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

04-26-2014, 03:20 PM

Booze List:
  • A case of homebrew beer - probably my Irish red ale and my latest American lager, maybe a bit of pale ale from last summer as well.

• A six pack or two of some local beer
  • Jameson
  • Gin & tonic water (I'll probably have somebody local pick up limes/lime juice and simple syrup though)
  • Cups

I'm definitely still in for pizza on Friday.

Unfortunately the 8:00 Second City show for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are all sold out now so I think I missed my chance for this year since it will probably be a pain in the ass to duck out for the 11:00 show. I think I'm gonna push harder for it next year if I can go.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2014, 03:22 PM by Evil Cheese.)
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

04-27-2014, 04:07 AM

I might be there at around 5:00 pm

If someone is willing to buy any booze on my behalf, I can pay. It doesn't manner to me what kind, as long as it is under a $20 budget. Just confront me about it.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-27-2014, 08:05 AM

(04-27-2014, 04:07 AM)If-I-Die-Its-LAG! link Wrote: I might be there at around 5:00 pm

If someone is willing to buy any booze on my behalf, I can pay. It doesn't manner to me what kind, as long as it is under a $20 budget. Just confront me about it.

Eightball already offered to make a run on his way driving down, message him about it for purchases.

Sig by Joel
Neptune
Lurker

04-27-2014, 06:00 PM

My carload is expected in tentatively at 7pm.  Kat will make a better educated guess when she gets back from Zenkaikon.
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

04-27-2014, 09:39 PM

count me in for dinner friday plz

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
TOH
BRB, Posting

04-28-2014, 09:03 AM

Expected arrival: Thursday around noon. And just in case, I'll re-confirm I'm in for the Barcade trip on Thursday and the Chicago dinner on Friday.

Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

04-28-2014, 09:39 PM

Updated OP with the link to room assignments. Everyone that has RSVP'd in this thread (Neptune, Sogo, Cheese, Generic, TOH, Versus) is confirmed for Friday dinner. I will try to get in touch with a few others (pie, lag, zane, serain, kase, pixels, negate, koala). Reservation is currently for 18-20 and will probably stay that way.

For beer, I'll try to bring a bunch of WI stuff: New Glarus, Milwaukee Brewing Co, Lakefront. Some liquor and mixers. Cups. Tea.
kaese
Accepts Non-Virgin Goat Sacrifices

04-29-2014, 12:51 AM

**for the room assignments, Caff said Kaim and I were going to be in his room for Thusday night? pls don't forget? haha

My room is bringing WI beer/cider as well (and cups if we need any? maybe I'll bring snacks). Pixels is underage (!!! achtung) so she's bringing soda.
Pixels arriving Fri morning. Kaim arriving around 11am Thursday. I am arriving sometime before barcade Thursday and will be attending barcade.
Probably no Friday dinner at the pizza place because I'm not really feeling pizza you know? Also the FF concert time might clash if I manage to get a ticket.

[Image: 46qrx2X.gif]
ask me about mpreg