Hello There, Guest! Register

MAGfest - January 23-26, 2015
TOH
BRB, Posting

08-07-2014, 09:12 AM

Don't know who's planning for MAGfest but it turns out the hotel booking is actually already available, they didn't link it on the main page but you can get in from Google. I plan to go with another group, but if you're interested, I recommend grabbing a room:

http://magfest.org/bookhotel

Registration should be up 12:30PM Eastern.

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

08-07-2014, 09:22 AM

I'm still skeptical about this con. I want to attend, and I want it to be fun, but my experience the last time I went back at its old location was so bad I'm just ehhhh about the whole thing.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
TOH
BRB, Posting

08-07-2014, 09:48 AM

This is my first time going, but I've heard mostly good things about last year. I'll give it a shot.

Also I wound up putting in a couple extra reservations, so if anyone needs a room and can't book, I'd be happy to look into transferring one if I don't need it (I'm not sure how many people from my group are officially going and won't for a fair while).

TOH
BRB, Posting

08-07-2014, 11:18 AM

Tickets are up.

Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

08-09-2014, 08:24 AM

I usually go every year and I probably will again this year. For me the best thing about this con is the giant video game room (with tons of arcade cabs) and the bands that play every night. If you don't like video game cover/themed bands or chiptunes then that's half the appeal gone right there imo. Other than that it's a pretty standard video game/general geekery con, but there does seem to be a focus these days on having various internet content creators as guests like animators (Egoraptor, Oney, Stamper, SpazzKid), reviewers/let's players (Nostalgia Critic/Channel Awesome, Game Grumps, AVGN, JonTron, ProJared), and musicians (DJ Cutman, Protomen, Metroid Metal, The One Ups) like I stated before. I also usually do group reg with another group for a ticket, but I'd be willing to room with anyone here who would want to stay Fri - Mon (those are the actual con dates this year).
Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

08-12-2014, 05:49 PM

Double Get, space available.
Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

01-07-2015, 07:57 PM

I have space for one at Magfest is anyone still needs space. Friday and Saturday night.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

01-09-2015, 04:31 PM

coworker of mine goes, seriously considering it now

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

01-09-2015, 07:39 PM

You should. It's a good lineup this year. The Protomen are always a good show and the composer for Katamari Damacy will be playing a set this year too. Not quite as exciting as Nobuo Uematsu, but good stuff none the less.