Hello There, Guest! Register

What StolenToast and I have been working on lately
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

08-15-2014, 11:55 AM

Hey all, it's time for me to finally announce my project!

So as I stated I'm only going to post it here for now, when I'm ready for beta mailers I'll make a primary announcement post under the proper forum (I'll of course link it here because it's related).

So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to my project

[Image: nautijobslogo.png]
The Nautiluscoin logo (hereto referred to as 'logo', or 'logos') or representations thereof, and the spiral logo are solely owned by Nautiluscoin, this web site, its staff, owners, or Tuned Chaos do not claim any ownership of the logo.

I have to write that part up there, part of my agreement with BK on using the Spiral logo, it took him some fighting with his lawyers to let me use it and I really appreciate that.

It is a microjobs board, I feel this is something that embodies a lot of the ideals behind what Nautiluscoin is founded on, and something that can help to represent the value in the virtual currency, which in a lot of cases is the ability to buy and sell goods and services, of course, this is an ease of use service I've been working on (solo and in my free time) for some time now.

Anyway, there's a number of questions and answers on our Frequently Asked Questions, as well as, as I said, a developer blog.

Honestly, if you think it's a bad idea, I really don't care I've worked too long and hard so far to stop so I'm going to keep it going.

This is, and most likely will be Nautiluscoin exclusive for some time.

Let me lay out the benefit here:
In order to pay people in Nautiluscoin, you need to buy Nautiluscoin, and while yes those payed in it can then in turn exchange it, if the service keeps being used it ultimately helps drive the value up. Also, when people get money they tend to want to spend money, so having the currency redistribute in such a manner puts it in more hands and in turn makes it so that people will want to spend it, and if they don't have to deal with fees on exchanges and go straight for product sales that can be bought specifically in NAUT without fees, well that's all the better, so I'm hoping this can help lead to more stores and whatnot offering the ability to make use of NAUT to buy/sell things.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

08-15-2014, 12:13 PM

This could be big, maybe not yet, but in the next 5-10 years. I think part of the internet will evolve into micro-services because it allows people to share their talents with each other in an easy way.  Could be exciting.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Didzo
Uninstalling

08-15-2014, 06:04 PM

Neat idea. If it catches on, it has Next Big Thing potential. Only one thing that bugs me in your post is that the logo graphic reads "Nautij bs" at a glace since the spiral "o" is pretty thin and light compared to the rest of the logo. A few things to try: capitalize the "j" to better segregate "Nauti" and Jobs," see if you can visually buff up the spiral "o," or tone down the rest of the letters (font choice/thickness/color) to better match the spiral "o."

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
rumbot
BRB, Posting

08-15-2014, 07:17 PM

I'd suggest you might do well in pairing with those disaffected with gittip and trying to join forces with the AtUnit community.

Be advised, you will need strong diversity chops to pass muster, but I believe that hurdle is well aligned with developing a more free currency.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

08-16-2014, 12:18 AM

(08-15-2014, 06:04 PM)Didzo link Wrote: Neat idea. If it catches on, it has Next Big Thing potential. Only one thing that bugs me in your post is that the logo graphic reads "Nautij bs" at a glace since the spiral "o" is pretty thin and light compared to the rest of the logo. A few things to try: capitalize the "j" to better segregate "Nauti" and Jobs," see if you can visually buff up the spiral "o," or tone down the rest of the letters (font choice/thickness/color) to better match the spiral "o."

I can understand that. And I first did make it with a capital 'J' . It didn't look quite right. Plus the underscore looks better with a hanging character.

The spiral logo isn't mine so I can't change it much save for scale. All I did was place an 'o' and scale it while keeping constraints. I got permission to use it. Quite literally the coin founder fought with his lawyers to let me use it.

On the other statements. For now I'm just concerned with making it work. Affiliations and partnerships can come later. Though I can definitely see the benefit. Plus that kind of move could definitely impact the value of the currency.

Sent from my wireless communicator.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]