Hello There, Guest! Register

There Came an Echo
Squishy3
Closet Furry

02-25-2015, 12:43 AM

So this game popped up on my radar due to one of the developers posting a NeoGAF thread where he gave away a key for every person who posted in the thread within 48 hours, and probably gave away somewhere around 8,000 copies total. Obviously drawing huge attention to it, and getting it some exposure it might not have gotten otherwise, and obviously would like the people who did get keys from the GAF thread to spread word about the game, to hopefully spur sales since he's taking a risk giving away keys to everyone who posted in the thread, even if it's free for the dev to generate Steam keys.

Anyway, about the actual game. I haven't gotten very far yet, but the Steam store page describes it as a real-time strategy game where the player assumes a small squadron and can play it normally with keyboard and mouse or a controller, or use voice recognition to command the squad, which seems to work well so far, but I'm still in the tutorial as of writing this post. Experiencing some inconsistency but that's probably more due to me using a desktop microphone and not a headset, which is what the game recommends.

The game boasts a rather good range of voice talent as well, such as Wil Wheaton (There's an easter egg if you tell him a certain phrase, by the way) Laura Bailey, Yuri Lowenthal and Ashly Burch, among some I'm not familiar with as well, and a soundtrack composed by Ronald Jenkees.

There Came an Echo Launch Trailer

Game is $14.99, 10% off for the first week of release, here's the Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/319740/

Kor
Crits = Skill

02-25-2015, 05:28 AM

Hmmmmmm...

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein