Hello There, Guest! Register

CW Preparation Thread
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

03-16-2015, 09:24 AM

Community Warfare is end game "competitive" content that's geared towards organized play.  You have a dropship filled with 4 mechs that will drop in the order you select.  When you die your next mech will drop in 30 seconds.  When you lose all 4 mechs you are out of the game.  The main modes are attack and defend, with a new mode "counter attack" that is essentially one long deathmatch.  This thread is for helping people prepare for participating in CW.  Also note that you will probably earn a lot less in CW than regular play.  This is a mode for people who have most of what they want and are looking for more variety and gameplay.

Step 1 Assembling Your Drop Deck

You need 4 mechs that total 240 tons.  PGI has recently bumped the tonage up to 250 for IS mechs (which is what we have) in a temporary balance measure.  They said they are working on further balancing IS v. Clan Mechs.  If you want to play CW seriously you need 4 solid built out mechs that you own.  Trial mechs won't take you far here.  Here is a good guide to putting together your dropship:

http://metamechs.com/community-warfare/i...ip-ladder/

I would ignore places where he tells you to own multiple copies of the same mech.  For almost everyone here that is a waste of cbills.  Just switch it out with another good variant of that chassis.  The dropdecks I would personally recommend are the 2 stalkers 2 lights and 3 thunderbolts 1 light.

Step 2 Planning Your Strategy

This is something that is probably a long way off for us, at least until we can regularly field 8+ teams of experienced players with full drop decks.  Here is a strategy guide to look over:

http://metamechs.com/community-warfare/c...egy-guide/

We should also discuss our own strategies here once you get a feel for the game.  Remember that CW plays a lot differently than regular queue.  A lot of times well organized deathballs are actually a good thing and attackers play to objectives not kills.  This means they can be down 30 mechs and still roll over you for the win.

CW Roster

If you have a full drop deck and are interested in working on BRBZ CW play let me know and I will add your name to the list.  Don't add your name if you aren't ready for CW, you will still be able to play CW with us, but I want to know who is ready for CW.

Surf314
Matter11

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2015, 10:04 AM by Surf314.)
matter11
BRB, Posting

03-16-2015, 09:46 AM

[Image: lGLMP78.png?1]
(enlists)

[Image: SKihE.gif]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

03-16-2015, 09:54 AM

Im not so sure we should be doing this anymore until a few things happen

• 12 people, all with full drop decks
  • Better lance-level coordination
  • More experience for everyone, self included
  • People have the cbills to waste on air/artillery strikes

Mass light rushes aside, the most effective strategy that Ive seen is as soon as you figure out the enemy's fire line, you drop an airstrike on it and push when it hits. If everyone on your team has one or more you can push the lines with impunity.

IMO - those consumables should not be allowed, as they're a limiting factor in a more casual player's ability to compete

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Surf314

03-16-2015, 10:12 AM

(03-16-2015, 09:54 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Im not so sure we should be doing this anymore until a few things happen

• 12 people, all with full drop decks
  • Better lance-level coordination
  • More experience for everyone, self included
  • People have the cbills to waste on air/artillery strikes

Mass light rushes aside, the most effective strategy that Ive seen is as soon as you figure out the enemy's fire line, you drop an airstrike on it and push when it hits. If everyone on your team has one or more you can push the lines with impunity.

IMO - those consumables should not be allowed, as they're a limiting factor in a more casual player's ability to compete

I really don't think lance level coordination is wise and nothing I've seen in or read about CW includes that, outside of pocket strats for attackers.  CW is mostly geared towards all 12 mechs working together very closely.

matter11
BRB, Posting

03-19-2015, 07:18 PM

until I get enough money for this shadowhawk,
I'll be running
Stalker-4N with 6 LL's
Thunderbolt 9S with two ER PPC's and some small things
Hunchback with 9 ML's
Cicada champion with 6 ML's

I'll replace the cicada with a SPL firestarter when I get the shadow hawk and can fully embrace my sniping role. Could even use my ravel-3L if I want pure snipe. Maybe ECM LL for defense and only use the firestarter for attacking?

Which one should I drop first though? outside of light rushes where I'll use the firestarter.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 07:24 PM by matter11.)
Surf314

03-19-2015, 10:07 PM

(03-19-2015, 07:18 PM)matter11 link Wrote: until I get enough money for this shadowhawk,
I'll be running
Stalker-4N with 6 LL's
Hunchback with 9 ML's

I'll replace the cicada with a SPL firestarter when I get the shadow hawk and can fully embrace my sniping role. Could even use my ravel-3L if I want pure snipe. Maybe ECM LL for defense and only use the firestarter for attacking?

Which one should I drop first though? outside of light rushes where I'll use the firestarter.

I just dropped my Raven 3L for the Raven 2x and I don't think I'll be going back.  Lack of an ECM in my deck is kinda meh but with radar deprivation modules I think I'm good on self protection from missile boats.

matter11
BRB, Posting

03-20-2015, 05:53 AM

(03-19-2015, 10:07 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=matter11 link=topic=7493.msg284122#msg284122 date=1426810693]
until I get enough money for this shadowhawk,
I'll be running
Stalker-4N with 6 LL's
Hunchback with 9 ML's

I just dropped my Raven 3L for the Raven 2x and I don't think I'll be going back.  Lack of an ECM in my deck is kinda meh but with radar deprivation modules I think I'm good on self protection from missile boats.
[/quote]

Every person running ECM on our team would almost seem wasteful due to redundancy. I'm happy to be one of the bubble makers.

I have a thunderbolt with 2 ams and 2 erppc and a raven 3L with ecm. I think a snipe lance with a 2 ams mech+ 1ecm would work really well grouped with a stalker-4n or other beef sniper. We could all run similar loadouts and cycle roles on waves. At least an idea to try if we do a one-lance CW queue.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2015, 12:38 AM by matter11.)
matter11
BRB, Posting

04-05-2015, 12:18 AM

Bump to ask how many people have viable decks. I'd like to do more CW runs

Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

04-05-2015, 06:12 AM

I can run RVN-3L, WVR-6K, DRG-1N, GHR-5J, and either ZEU-6R or Heavy Metal depending on if were running against clan or IS. I need to grab a Thunderbolt to replace the grasshopper but it works as a sniper.

Scratch that. Here are my drop decks.

250 Tons
FS9-S
WVK-6K
DRG-1N
KGC-000

240 Tons
FS9-S
WVK-6K
DRG-1N
HGR-HM

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
matter11
BRB, Posting

04-05-2015, 03:45 PM

For 240 I'm prob running 2 thunderbutts a jager and a blackjack.

for 250 stalker-4n, 2 thunderbutts, fire starter.
might get another stalker and go 2 stalker blackjack firestarter