Hello There, Guest! Register

ARK: Survival Evolved
WaR1761
Lurker

06-11-2015, 11:01 AM

Was just reading in the update http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/dis...981974789/
Dinos are best thought of as senteries, they do consume food  :'(. So make sure to throw berries in their inventory to feed them.

Also you can draw blood from people... and move their bodies around force feed them and otherwise make them a slave.

Also Luin we made a bed now and can be used as spawn point every 5 min after use for the whole tribe. With the update new above they will be implamenting better tribe managment stuff.

Also starting to think we should build rooms for each person in the long run.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

06-11-2015, 11:04 AM

Yeah I spawned in on the bed last time. I'll login again in a bit and put some berries in their inventories
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

06-11-2015, 11:18 AM

Alright, much to the annoyance of Luin while I was doing this, I have updated my batch file so that it now copies the SavedArk directory to some other directory automatically for backups (I'll probably make it do date time stamped stuff later, and maybe an FTP upload to some web space so that we have double backups, but for now it's just a straight "copy paste").

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

06-11-2015, 05:18 PM

Updated first post with slightly changed coordinated to be more accurate.

FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

06-12-2015, 02:05 AM

We lost Eeyore, she has been replaced with a male named Omiomia and we also have added Derpy the Parasaur and Franklin the Carbonemys (it's a giant turtle)

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2015, 02:37 AM by FlyingMongoose.)
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

06-12-2015, 06:30 PM

Server updated

Change log
- Spinosaurus! Fear the beast!
- New Structures: Spike Wall (great for defending against incoming tribe dino attacks) and Food Preservation Bin items, and Beef Jerky!!! (Sparkpowder+Oil+Cooked Meat or Cooked Prime Meat+hour wait == SUPER LONG LASTING FOOOOOD!)
- General GPU optimizations plus new graphics configuration options: Mesh LOD slider, High Quality Materials checkbox (disabling this and restarting will have tremendous perf savings at the cost of less detailed terrain materials), Subsurface Scattering Checkbox (disabling this will make plants and skin material look a little less good, but also save a lot of perf)
- After login you now get a message indicating how you died if your character was killed when you were logged out (needs more details added)
- Pteras now land better when out of stamina, won't eject you as soon
- You and dinos can attack when no stamina now, however doing so will increase your torpidity
- Slight purple overlay when torpidity is increasing
- Spoiling timer exploits fixed
- Various ways to teleport into people's houses seemingly fixed
- Grenades rebalanced, ~60% damage reduction vs structures and now also require oil to craft
- PvE structures that haven't had a Tribe/Creator nearby in one week are now auto demolished. Can be disabled on player-run servers.
- Structure Limit now configurable for player-run servers
- Non-Tribe Flyer Carrying now an option for PvE servers
- Added Rich Metal and Regular Metal Mountain Rocks
- Metal Tools' durabilities fixed
- Character bodytype presets
- "Find Mods" button added to Host Game Menu
- Rare Limited-Edition Cosmetic Item Skin drops: Nerdry's Glasses (from the bellies of Dilo's) and Rex Bone Helmet
- Land dinos now lose stamina when swimming while mounted, Amphibious dinos (turtle, sarco, etc) now regain stamina much more quickly in water
- Unconscious dinos being tamed no longer can be harmed by non-tribe players in PvE
- Fixed bug where Generator with cables attached could not get its inventory accessed
- Tribe ID's and Player ID's are now guaranteed to be unique. Should eliminate future cases of player/tribe body snatchers.
- Realtime time and current map now indicated on pause menu
- Downloading mods at the Host Game screen now indicates download progress, mods that have been updated on Steam Workshop will now redownload
- Broodmother will now give Dossier and Steam Achievement correctly when defeated
- You can now set the temperature scale to Fahrenheit in the Options menu
- Upped bullet damages by about 20%
- Your current Biome/Temperature now updates correctly when riding a mount
- "Transfer Tribe Ownership" button is now clickable properly
- Base Carno damage buffed from 30 to 50, base Rex damage buffed from 50 to 80
- Rate of health recovery from mounts consuming corpses or trees is reduced (was previously essentially granting mounts nearly instant health recovery)

New server commandline/INI options (GamerUserSettings.ini [ServerSettings] section or "?Option=Value" for commandline argument):

bDisableStructureDecayPvE=false
bAllowFlyerCarryPvE=false
MaxStructuresInRange=1300

Things that didn't make it into 173.0 'cause they need more testing:
- Tribe Governance Options: Presets: Communism, Capitalism, Libertarianism, and everything in between via total customizable property, dino, & structure sharing settings: ETA this weekend probably
- Flyers carrying other dinos: ETA Early next week
- Will increase the level cap by this weekend. Apologies, that had meant to go in this release to aid in acquiring the new Engrams.: ETA this weekend
- Armor durability rebalancing (~3x durability): ETA this weekend

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Luinbariel

06-12-2015, 07:03 PM

So I heard I'm going to have to build my own house now because some people are gross.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

06-13-2015, 05:15 AM

Dinosaurs! Also Sogo's trike (Pete Best) now has a saddle.

Also for those of you who logged off as I got on late last night there are now 8 new berry plots all for feeding our dinos.

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2015, 06:47 AM by FlyingMongoose.)
Elder
BRB, Posting

06-13-2015, 10:12 AM

(06-12-2015, 07:03 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: So I heard I'm going to have to build my own house now because some people are gross.

that was my plan all along

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

06-13-2015, 10:17 AM

We should really think of making a perimeter fence thats big enoughanimals and resources will spawn, but  strong enough they can take a hit.  My idea with this is to make it a net essentially so that those animals we try to hunt down on foot can actually be killed without having to run them into rocks.  Also, Tranq arrows are bulllshit on how ineffective they are.  Dilo goes down in two, but its a small weak thing.  Phiomia took 4 and it still was running away, didn't even slow down.  For the resources it takes to make them, they really arent living up to my expectations.  Apparently it takes a bit for them to work, but they seem to be a lot more effective if multiple people hit the same target at once and seem like carnivores have a lower torpor so they are easier to drop.  According to one Steam thread, Raptors can take anywhere from 2-6 tranq arrows to drop, but you have to survive for ten seconds in combat with it :/

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
WaR1761
Lurker

06-13-2015, 10:24 AM

Feel free to use a dino, but if you do make sure you feed it and not let it get killed. If it does die while in your care I assume you should help that person replace it.

PSA the waterfall is now a no go area. if you head west(?) from our base a Spinosaur now lives there, you will get wrecked.

Luinbariel

06-13-2015, 11:27 AM

(06-13-2015, 10:12 AM)Elder link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=7525.msg285295#msg285295 date=1434153835]
So I heard I'm going to have to build my own house now because some people are gross.

that was my plan all along
[/quote]

no

Quote:Feel free to use a dino, but if you do make sure you feed it and not let it get killed. If it does die while in your care I assume you should help that person replace it.

PSA the waterfall is now a no go area. if you head west(?) from our base a Spinosaur now lives there, you will get wrecked

Sorry about that... I replaced the one that died with me this morning. I was trying to tame a dinosaur and some Trike came along and wrecked our shit. But, I have replaced it with Maple Syrup.
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

06-13-2015, 02:01 PM

server out of date  :-[

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

06-13-2015, 07:48 PM

Governance patched in now... we now have a totalitarian dictatorship (actually not really I don't really know what to set it as).

Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

06-14-2015, 12:41 AM

[Image: 39E38A7E02A7B254DC06D13DB284DDA4D841A04A]

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Kor
Crits = Skill

06-14-2015, 06:05 PM

(06-14-2015, 12:41 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [Image: 39E38A7E02A7B254DC06D13DB284DDA4D841A04A]

Stay Classy, BRBu.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Luinbariel

06-14-2015, 10:51 PM

Speaking of classy...

http://www.twitch.tv/luinbariel/c/6836301
WaR1761
Lurker

06-16-2015, 09:30 AM

Since we have more people, now might be a good time to establish simple rules that we all agree too. I have some suggestions but at this point thats all they are. Would like to hear from others on what you think, please add to it as well.

1) Everything is fair game in the community house resources and equipment. Build your own house/storage otherwise.
2) If there is a building other then the community house and its marked as someones base/home don't mess with it (paint, loot, grief in any way, etc).
3) If a dino is in the community pen its free to use, however if you use it you must treat it as your own and not let it die. If it does die in your care it must be replaced or speak with owner for resolution. Also owner has priority use of their dino while online.
4) Help others out, everything is easiyer with more hands.
5) Ask around your likely not the only one that wants to achieve a goal.
6) Try to keep the community house stocked and organized when possiable.
Community wide chores:
  • Restock compost and distribute fertilizer
  • Restock wood for fireplaces/forges/standing torches
  • Restock Berries/Meat for Dinos and feed them
  • Restock Sparklepowder in presevations bins
  • Gather oil, metal, flint, thatch
  • Craft arrows
  • Craft narcotics and stimulants as those don't expire
  • Upgrade/repair if you see someting you can improve

Luinbariel

06-16-2015, 09:41 AM

(06-16-2015, 09:30 AM)WaR1761 link Wrote: Since we have more people, now might be a good time to establish simple rules that we all agree too. I have some suggestions but at this point thats all they are. Would like to hear from others on what you think, please add to it as well.

1) Everything is fair game in the community house resources and equipment. Build your own house/storage otherwise.
2) If there is a building other then the community house and its marked as someones base/home don't mess with it (paint, loot, grief in any way, etc).
3) If a dino is in the community pen its free to use, however if you use it you must treat it as your own and not let it die. If it does die in your care it must be replaced or speak with owner for resolution. Also owner has priority use of their dino while online.
Community wide chores:
  • Craft arrows

Sounds good to me, I'm okay with those rules.

I may be on later tonight, not sure. The installer is coming to finish swapping us to a new ISP some time in the evening (unless a miracle occurs and he comes early). No idea how long that will take or what time he'll show up. Hopefully not long because dinosaurs (also I have no work tomorrow, I wanna be up all night).
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

06-16-2015, 09:45 AM

(06-16-2015, 09:30 AM)WaR1761 link Wrote: Since we have more people, now might be a good time to establish simple rules that we all agree too. I have some suggestions but at this point thats all they are. Would like to hear from others on what you think, please add to it as well.

Community wide chores:
  • Craft arrows

Welp now I need to get Blue her own pen :|

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639