Hello There, Guest! Register

Starwars Battlefront
Cineo
Lurker

10-07-2015, 08:51 AM

Open Beta Starts tomorrow 10/8 and goes through the weekend. Let me know if anyone wants to squad up.

[Image: B8z1P9DCAAAPiNZ.jpg]
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

10-07-2015, 08:58 AM

Oh Goody
Disney's Battlefield: Star Wars by Dice and Visceral

Everyone expect massive disappointment for this is a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin.

Granted Dice/Visceral/EA have been given 2 years to fix the problems that were in battlefield 4, and don't worry they took almost ALL of that time (and it's still not entirely fixed). The hit registration in BF4 is still lackluster at best.

I expect nothing less from them in this case.

Also, there's this
[Image: ieMw7nJ.png]

Still I'll grab the beta because it's free and see whether or not it sucks (it will).

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

10-07-2015, 09:25 AM

(10-07-2015, 08:58 AM)FlyingMongoose Wrote: Oh Goody
Disney's Battlefield: Star Wars by Dice and Visceral

Everyone expect massive disappointment for this is a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin.

Granted Dice/Visceral/EA have been given 2 years to fix the problems that were in battlefield 4, and don't worry they took almost ALL of that time (and it's still not entirely fixed). The hit registration in BF4 is still lackluster at best.

I expect nothing less from them in this case.

Also, there's this
[Image: ieMw7nJ.png]

Still I'll grab the beta because it's free and see whether or not it sucks (it will).

Christ on a cracker, quit shitting up every game suggestion thread that gets posted with your snarky fucking commentary about how you think it sucks.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

10-07-2015, 09:45 AM

Actually this one's actually founded in personal experience with existing Frostbite 2 engine games (both BF4 and Hardline + expansions).

I do it for fun in most other cases because I get really fucking bored sometimes, but there is legitimate concerns here this time, founded in fact and personal experience.

Sure, be pissy at me for being pissy about the state of "Big Budget Game Development" but when you see a low budget 10 man team developing a game like No Man's Sky, what do you expect to happen? Yeah I know technically Star Citizen (which I'm looking forward to) qualifies as "Big Budget" as well but it's wholly crowdfunded and started indie.

What the image chart didn't list I will
This game is built on an an engine built for Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 2) which means it looks pretty and that's about it.
Battlefield 4 devs took almost 2 whole years to fix NUMEROUS issues, hit registry being the #1 issue that still isn't quite right, collision detection is still all of fucked up (kind of important if ever you use a lightsaber or drive, well, any vehicle)
There will be no private servers in Battlefront (ever according to devs), this means no one will be able to host any servers, it's all matchmaking no matter what. (Guess what? Most of the time Chicago gets ignored by server providers (a lot), expect bad or mediocre pings no matter what server you get on unless by some magic they DO roll out chicago servers through whatever provider they use, if you want central it'll be Dallas, east will be Atlanta or New York, west will be LA [seattle gets ignored too a lot too], maybe, just maybe, they'll do one in toronto, but it's unlikely as well as bandwidth is expensive in canada).
Oh there's a significantly low flight cieling too (as in as low as BF4s was). Don't expect as epic a Tie Fighter vs. X-Wing battle as you may think.

I'm going to give it a chance during the beta (because EA's Beta's, even though they claim "are not representative of the final game", usually actually are as they're only launched a few days or a few of weeks (in most cases) prior to release).

But, this game DESERVES EXTREME scrutiny.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 09:55 AM by FlyingMongoose.)
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

10-07-2015, 09:55 AM

I think the point is that this isn't the thread for that.

Quote:“Would you…do you think you would like to go to the dance with me?” she asked sportsball captainback.

Quote:sportsball captainback

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

10-07-2015, 09:56 AM

Betas are becoming near-synonymous with Pre-Release, and that's not what they should be.

Betas are for testing, testing means scrutiny. I'm scrutinizing. I reported all the issues I experienced to the devs during the R6:Siege Technical Test & Beta, and i'll do the same here.

I've already listed existing problems, now to find the ones that exist in the actual game.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 09:58 AM by FlyingMongoose.)
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

10-08-2015, 07:48 AM

(10-07-2015, 08:51 AM)Cineo Wrote: Open Beta Starts tomorrow 10/8 and goes through the weekend. Let me know if anyone wants to squad up.

I'm going to wait to see how this turns out, if EA can turn it around with how they handle things (eg, heard their was going to be no micro transactions). I might pick this up at some point, but not until after its been out for a bit.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

10-08-2015, 09:10 AM

(10-08-2015, 07:48 AM)CaffeinePowered Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 08:51 AM)Cineo Wrote: Open Beta Starts tomorrow 10/8 and goes through the weekend. Let me know if anyone wants to squad up.

I'm going to wait to see how this turns out, if EA can turn it around with how they handle things (eg, heard their was going to be no micro transactions). I might pick this up at some point, but not until after its been out for a bit.

I feel the same, I was really excited for this but I'm also really skeptical considering the devs.  I'm going to wait and see what people think about it and if it sticks.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

10-08-2015, 06:26 PM

So, I was right, at least in my original opinion of how the game was going to "feel" I was right.

It feels Battlefield 4 moved over to "projectile" style weaponry (even though lasers are light and shouldn't have travel time) with a Star Wars skin, horrible balance issues, and while it's entertaining to have the jump pack, it's just that, a novelty and once everyone has it it becomes a liability. Travel time means kill trades happen. Which is fine in a game where it's suppose to represent weaponry travel time.

You have a level cap at 5 and can earn infinite credits to unlock whatever is available in the game right now.

The "flight mechanics" aren't even really there, it's random chance that you have the opportunity to fly anything, and even then you get a limited amount of time to do so plus flight ceiling is the same as BF4's, super low and pointless to fly.
It's random chance if you become a "hero" and again, limited amount of time to do so.

It's matchmaking only, and the matchmaking is horrible (I was in a party of 4 people and only 2 of us entered the same server, it doesn't party-join), which required people to keep trying to join, and even then we were almost never on the same team. Basically it just tries to drop people "where it can" it doesn't care if you're partied (this MIGHT get fixed).

On the one map in which you CAN fly things (random chance), it's EXTREMELY weighted Imperial's side, because there's only one thing that can effectively destroy an AT-AT, and it's a random chance drop which is not regular equipment (you might not even get it even if the random chance 'upgrades' are able to be picked up).

There is a "partners" system, which you can partner with someone in your party, allowing you to spawn on them, if you by some magical coin flip end up in the same game and on the same team if they are still alive.

The "partners" drop, all the time, and you have to re-partner every time it happens.

Origin is all sorts of fucked up with it's integration, everyone you want to play with has to have origin open at the same time as you and show as online, and they also have to be in game for you to be able to view them and see them to join a party, and even then it doesn't always work. Late joining is possible, but you won't be able to invite them to your party if they're late joining on you, because they weren't on Origin at the same time you were when you launched the game, if a party is to be formed, the late comer has to do it.

This is just a very very very very small portion of the numerous problems with this game.

Like I said, in past history, EA has typically released an open beta "close to release" and even though "not representative of the final product" shows up on the screen, I expect these glaring problems to stay right where they are.

You want to read about many many many more of the problems? Here you go. http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefr...a-feedback

"It's basically battlefield laser tag" <-- Someone's post (I was in someone's teamspeak and that's what they read off of the forums).

So, there you go.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 06:29 PM by FlyingMongoose.)
Cineo
Lurker

10-08-2015, 09:08 PM

(10-08-2015, 06:26 PM)FlyingMongoose Wrote: So, I was right, at least in my original opinion of how the game was going to "feel" I was right.

It feels Battlefield 4 moved over to "projectile" style weaponry (even though lasers are light and shouldn't have travel time) with a Star Wars skin, horrible balance issues, and while it's entertaining to have the jump pack, it's just that, a novelty and once everyone has it it becomes a liability. Travel time means kill trades happen. Which is fine in a game where it's suppose to represent weaponry travel time.

You have a level cap at 5 and can earn infinite credits to unlock whatever is available in the game right now.

The "flight mechanics" aren't even really there, it's random chance that you have the opportunity to fly anything, and even then you get a limited amount of time to do so plus flight ceiling is the same as BF4's, super low and pointless to fly.
It's random chance if you become a "hero" and again, limited amount of time to do so.

It's matchmaking only, and the matchmaking is horrible (I was in a party of 4 people and only 2 of us entered the same server, it doesn't party-join), which required people to keep trying to join, and even then we were almost never on the same team. Basically it just tries to drop people "where it can" it doesn't care if you're partied (this MIGHT get fixed).

On the one map in which you CAN fly things (random chance), it's EXTREMELY weighted Imperial's side, because there's only one thing that can effectively destroy an AT-AT, and it's a random chance drop which is not regular equipment (you might not even get it even if the random chance 'upgrades' are able to be picked up).

There is a "partners" system, which you can partner with someone in your party, allowing you to spawn on them, if you by some magical coin flip end up in the same game and on the same team if they are still alive.

The "partners" drop, all the time, and you have to re-partner every time it happens.

Origin is all sorts of fucked up with it's integration, everyone you want to play with has to have origin open at the same time as you and show as online, and they also have to be in game for you to be able to view them and see them to join a party, and even then it doesn't always work. Late joining is possible, but you won't be able to invite them to your party if they're late joining on you, because they weren't on Origin at the same time you were when you launched the game, if a party is to be formed, the late comer has to do it.

This is just a very very very very small portion of the numerous problems with this game.

Like I said, in past history, EA has typically released an open beta "close to release" and even though "not representative of the final product" shows up on the screen, I expect these glaring problems to stay right where they are.

You want to read about many many many more of the problems? Here you go. http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefr...a-feedback

"It's basically battlefield laser tag" <-- Someone's post (I was in someone's teamspeak and that's what they read off of the forums).

So, there you go.

I think its pretty fun.

[Image: B8z1P9DCAAAPiNZ.jpg]
Goffin
BRB, Posting

10-08-2015, 10:33 PM

(10-08-2015, 09:08 PM)Cineo Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 06:26 PM)FlyingMongoose Wrote: So, I was right, at least in my original opinion of how the game was going to "feel" I was right.

So, there you go.

I think its pretty fun.

Get back on your meds goose.      i

Ball punching for Teh Win!                        
[Image: bruce%20lee%20animated%20gif.gif]    

Incoming!!!
[Image: soelb3.gif]

[Image: b_560x95.png]
Elder
BRB, Posting

10-09-2015, 12:05 AM

ill be installing it to play tomorrow. ill hit whoever up for some play time during the weekend.

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Goffin
BRB, Posting

10-09-2015, 06:43 AM

Ball punching for Teh Win!                        
[Image: bruce%20lee%20animated%20gif.gif]    

Incoming!!!
[Image: soelb3.gif]

[Image: b_560x95.png]
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

10-09-2015, 08:29 AM

(10-09-2015, 06:43 AM)Goffin Wrote:

In all these times I notice only one time you reference a rebel side victory, how many times was it imperial wins prior to this?

Besides there's still plenty broken (especially the matchmaking)

This is a pick up next year after all expansions are out and the whole thing costs like $30 game as it stands. maybe it'll be fixed by then. but with current dice track record I don't see it hasppeniing for at least 1.5 years

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 08:34 AM by FlyingMongoose.)
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

10-09-2015, 12:58 PM

You don't like it, we get it. Let them discuss the game already.

Quote:“Would you…do you think you would like to go to the dance with me?” she asked sportsball captainback.

Quote:sportsball captainback

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

10-12-2015, 10:18 AM

I played it a bit over the weekend. The game play is a tad monotonous but for now I'm chalking that up to only having 2 PvP game modes at the moment. The AT-ATs are pretty much invincible and you need good team coordination to get their health down. The sniper rifle is hilariously OP but its a ton of fun to use. I domed an AT-ST with it and killed it.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
Didzo
Uninstalling

10-12-2015, 03:51 PM

Does this game have giraffe camo?

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Kor
Crits = Skill

10-13-2015, 04:49 PM

(10-12-2015, 03:51 PM)Didzo Wrote: Does this game have giraffe camo?

Yavin 4 DLC.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein