Hello There, Guest! Register

Culinary Delights and Disasters
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

02-21-2016, 03:11 AM

(02-20-2016, 07:56 PM)matter11 Wrote: Grilled up some wild boar burgers for the first time and they were pretty good.

Also bought some venison sliders which will most likely be fried on cast iron,
Any slider tips?

Season and toast the bun (seriously), whether it's some sort of aioli or dry, seasoning. When it comes to venison just make sure to treat it right. A lot of people don't cook game meat very well, I've had so many bad game foods...

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
matter11
BRB, Posting

02-22-2016, 09:37 AM

(02-21-2016, 03:11 AM)FlyingMongoose Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 07:56 PM)matter11 Wrote: Grilled up some wild boar burgers for the first time and they were pretty good.

Also bought some venison sliders which will most likely be fried on cast iron,
Any slider tips?

Season and toast the bun (seriously), whether it's some sort of aioli or dry, seasoning. When it comes to venison just make sure to treat it right. A lot of people don't cook game meat very well, I've had so many bad game foods...

Yeah I was thinking something along the lines of a garlic oil/butter to brush on top of the buns.

What entails treating venison right? Being that they are frozen, preformed sliders I probably won't season it that much outside of salt and pepper.

[Image: SKihE.gif]
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

02-22-2016, 11:44 AM

Hmmm, not sure since they were preformed frozen. But here's someone's handy chart about cooking venison:
https://www.brokenarrowranch.com/Recipes...enison.htm (yours would normally be "ground")

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

02-28-2016, 01:35 PM

Decided to make some Kaya jam, following this recipe: http://www.codlo.com/blogs/codlo/2379507...-sous-vide

Using my Sous Vide setup:
http://imgur.com/SQ0vR8y

Results look like this:
http://imgur.com/bOt3CPY

It's fucking spot on, and yes it's delicious.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
matter11
BRB, Posting

03-10-2016, 08:25 AM

Got some flexible skewers for the grill and man they are fantastic.

Being able to skewer and grill over a pound and a half of shrimp at once AND have them all cook at the same rate is a luxury I don't think I can come back from.

No more burning the middle of the skewer or under-cooking the ends.

I know this isn't a problem for many of you but for those of us cooking on old fashioned circular charcoal grills it is very meaningful.

[Image: SKihE.gif]
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

03-15-2016, 08:53 PM

Want to do some low-carb baking?

Try these. 

[Image: WQCAQMF.jpg]

So far pretty much all of my forays into low carb baking/substitutes have been crappy, so I mostly stopped trying them and just don't eat sweet things. This one though was REALLY pleasant. 

I wouldn't call them a replacement/faux cookie. They're something totally different on their own, I think. Very nice. I skipped the almond extract on account of not actually owning any but they came out nice anyway.

These ones look grainy as fuck, but put about 1/4 tsp of xantham gum in while mixing the wet and dry ingredients. Maybe a little more (I wouldn't do more than 1/2 tsp). It made them come out a lot more smoothly, like a normal dough, and with no cracking whatsoever. The sweetener in them has an odd cooling sensation that it's known for, so when you eat these you still get that sensation, if you try it, and wonder what the fuck that is.

Quote:“Would you…do you think you would like to go to the dance with me?” she asked sportsball captainback.

Quote:sportsball captainback

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

03-16-2016, 01:19 AM

Those look awesome! I'm currently on a low-carb diet so I might test these out.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

04-09-2016, 07:57 PM

Got some more low-carb cooking for you!

That right there folks is Fathead pizza.

This is just a low-carb pizza dough recipe, but it's really commonly referred to as "Fathead" online. 

Pretty good for low-carb (depending on your macros). We've made it several times, and it's really easy and very very tasty. 
The only complaint/warning is that it is pretty high in calories. Half of the recipe is 555 calories or so alone, before any toppings. So, when you make this, keep that in mind. 
It can also be easily adapted to include different spices or herbs or whatever the hell you want to put in that dough.

Onward!

INGREDIENTS

- 1.5 Cups mozarella
- 3/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 2TBS cream cheese
- 1 egg

INSTRUCTIONS

Melt the mozza and the cream cheese in the microwave for about one and a half minutes. Take it out and stir it up; if it isn't all completely melted, try again in intervals of about 20 seconds or so (you don't want to start it cooking/burning). 

Once it's nice and gooey, put in the almond meal and the egg, and mix it up well. 

If the cheese looks like it's getting stringy/hard, just quickly microwave it a little again until it's soft again. 

Cover your pizza pan/baking sheet with parchment paper, and wet your hands before you pull out that dough. Trust me, wet your goddamn hands. Spread the dough out (it helped to use a wet spoon or spatula). It can get pretty thin when you spread it out safely, just look out for holes as the cheese cools and gets stringy again. 

Poke the dough all over with a fork, and then sprinkle with a little garlic powder or garlic salt. 

DO NOT PUT THE TOPPINGS ON YET.

Bake in the oven at about 425 for about 5 minutes or so. Pull it out, and poke down any bubbles. Put it back in, STILL NO TOPPINGS for another ~15 minutes or less, until it starts to brown. Make sure to check on it, it can get brown pretty fast.

Once it starts to brown, pull it out and THEN put on your toppings. Whatever you want. I put it back in, but under the broiler this time to bake whatever I put on top, as the dough is mostly done at this point. 

And that's it! Makes about 8 reasonably sized slices (you are all adults you can eat this shit however you want).

Enjoy! Make it, and take pictures!

Quote:“Would you…do you think you would like to go to the dance with me?” she asked sportsball captainback.

Quote:sportsball captainback

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2016, 08:09 PM by Luinbariel.)