Hello There, Guest! Register

No more TF2 CLASS Updates until Next year
Geoff
Real World Azn

10-27-2008, 06:46 PM

(10-27-2008, 06:25 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: [quote author=Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link=topic=1614.msg46146#msg46146 date=1225137843]
[quote author=Geoff link=topic=1614.msg46136#msg46136 date=1225136901]
I would also like the sentries to have less ammo, like in tfc

Agree with this as well. Never actually seen or had a sentry run out of ammo.
[/quote]

Yeah, so the engineer will actually be stuck behind his sentry and be forced to camp - .-'

I also don't really think Stickies or "Winbombs" should be fixed either.
If demomen couldn't take sentries out, what would?
Scouts obviously can't. Soldier can if they are smart enough to hit the ground so that splash damage would kill the engi first, then get the sentry (probably only possible with a ubercharge too). Pyros SHOULDN'T be able to but... meh... pyros... Heavies, with a ubercharge, of if they "surprise" it by getting close enough. Medics ubercharges are there to take them out most of the time, but again, not with every classes and there are counter-ubercharges *ahem *pyros* ahem*. Spies can't take out a sentry if there are other people around, and I usually get crit wrenched before I can sap (even so, I usually get killed by the sentry turning around so fucking fast before I can take my sapper out after backstabbing). Snipers, if they have a good angle, but again, that angle would be good (and probably better) for demomen.

Most of the time, a (ubered) demoman is required to take out a sentry, but even so, if a pyro is around, or if there are too many sentries, the job can't be done correctly.
Imagine dustbowl without demomen...

Finally, don't forget that most classes should be able to take a demoman out... They aren't hard to snipe, nor to backstab, and they can't shoot easily on close targets. Their pipes are also not the easiest thing to shoot, compared to rockets.
Hell! I think even enigneers and medics could be able to take one in a one-on-one fight, if they aren't pussies.
[/quote]

well benito

In tfc, after one kill or two you would have like 71% ammo left.  I usually run around, harass people with grenades and such, then come back to repair the sentry and reload it.  The sentry also doesn't take YEARS to fully upgrade in though.

A way to kill sentries in tfc was to throw yourself at it until it dies, which was possible because it didn't have massive amounts of health, and also wasn't really a problem because spawns were so short.  Oh, then of course you could use spies to grenade it and kill it while disguised, but who enjoys efficiency.

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

10-27-2008, 07:30 PM

(10-27-2008, 06:32 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: How about the sniper gets more health and body armor. Then I'd actually be able to beat my own stats again. Snipers die so easily.

No.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

10-27-2008, 07:33 PM

(10-27-2008, 06:32 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: How about the sniper gets more health and body armor. Then I'd actually be able to beat my own stats again. Snipers die so easily.

sure, as soon as you join the fucking front line pussies, you dont need shit way back where you stand.
long range pussies.

chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

10-27-2008, 10:09 PM

ITT people complain about their broken sentries being destroyable by one class. :V

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

10-28-2008, 03:15 AM

(10-27-2008, 10:09 PM)chronomaster link Wrote: ITT people complain about their broken sentries being destroyable by one class. :V

A level 3 sentry can be run down by w+mouse1 skills in many situations.  THAT is broken.  Now gtfo.  The only classes that struggle with sentries are Scouts, coz' life is hard being a Scout.

The only time you should ever be killed by a sentry is

A) You're stupid

B) You didn't know it was there

And B only happens once, then everything becomes A.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2008, 03:18 AM by Wedge.)
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

10-28-2008, 10:23 AM

wedge: pre-backburner fix, maybe. It depends on sentry placement...don't put it right around the fucking corner.

it's fucking hard to destroy a level 3 sentry on the right area of dustbowl 3, cap 1 as a demoman with a pyro airblasting either you or the medic that ubered you away. now imagine that scenario as any other class.

chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

10-28-2008, 10:48 AM

(10-28-2008, 10:23 AM)Versus-p- link Wrote: wedge: pre-backburner fix, maybe. It depends on sentry placement...don't put it right around the fucking corner.

it's fucking hard to destroy a level 3 sentry on the right area of dustbowl 3, cap 1 as a demoman with a pyro airblasting either you or the medic that ubered you away. now imagine that scenario as any other class.
Also try the fucking rock on Mach4. With two good snipers and a sentry placed there, the only way out of your base is the right hand exit.

You have like four exits. You're now down to one. Also, pyros breaking ubers, blah blah blah.

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

10-28-2008, 11:25 AM

(10-28-2008, 10:23 AM)Versus-p- link Wrote: wedge: pre-backburner fix, maybe. It depends on sentry placement...don't put it right around the fucking corner.

Uhhh, that's why you kill the pyro with pipes first...? Or just charge your stickies, you can still hit from ridiculous range. Honestly, as long as you have at least cover fire from a heavy and a medic healing you, you don't ever need a uber to take any of those out. It's just impossible convincing anyone to ever play smart. :-\

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

10-28-2008, 12:14 PM

(10-28-2008, 03:15 AM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=chronomaster link=topic=1614.msg46272#msg46272 date=1225163363]
ITT people complain about their broken sentries being destroyable by one class. :V

A level 3 sentry can be run down by w+mouse1 skills in many situations.  THAT is broken.  Now gtfo.  The only classes that struggle with sentries are Scouts, coz' life is hard being a Scout.

The only time you should ever be killed by a sentry is

A) You're stupid

B) You didn't know it was there

And B only happens once, then everything becomes A.
[/quote]

Pyros can only kill level 3 sentries if you have the brilliance to build it in a spot where the Pyro can get directly behind / above / below it. I'm looking at you Dustbowl.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Versus

10-28-2008, 01:27 PM

(10-28-2008, 11:25 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: Or just charge your stickies, you can still hit from ridiculous range.

My stickies don't go through walls Tongue. Also, the point of it was to illustrate the difficulty other classes would have destroying that sentry compared to the difficulty a demoman would have in the same situation.

Scout: just no.
Soldier: not enough damage at a time to kill the sentry with an engi standing behind it.
Pyro: airblasted away.
Heavy: too far away to kill it with an engi behind the sentry, much less with a pyro airblasting him.
Engineer: no.
Medic: no.
Sniper: in range of the sentry, also getting hit too much to even hope to headshot the engi.
Spy: yes, for one reason - CRAB SPAH SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY. But no.

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

10-28-2008, 01:37 PM

(10-28-2008, 10:48 AM)chronomaster link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-p- link=topic=1614.msg46329#msg46329 date=1225207411]
wedge: pre-backburner fix, maybe. It depends on sentry placement...don't put it right around the fucking corner.

Also try the fucking rock on Mach4. With two good snipers and a sentry placed there, the only way out of your base is the right hand exit.

You have like four exits. You're now down to one. Also, pyros breaking ubers, blah blah blah.
[/quote]

WTF are you talking about?  You mean putting it on TOP of the rock?  Aside from the epic fail it would take to LET someone build there in the first place, a soldier will easily kill or knock off the ENGY with rockets, leaving the sentry defenseless.  And you can't make up situations that have two snipers covering a sentry, that's retarded.  I can make up plenty of situations where it's fucking hard for anyone to kill a nest of 3 sentries too, but that's not the point, the point is they aren't hard to take down or be avoided one on one most of the time.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Versus

10-28-2008, 04:31 PM

it's not unheard of to have two people in the sniper's nest on mach4. Tongue

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

10-28-2008, 05:41 PM

(10-28-2008, 04:31 PM)Versus-p- link Wrote: it's not unheard of to have two people in the sniper's nest on mach4. Tongue

Of course it's not, but I think if you have two really good snipers covering pretty much anything, I think it's going to make it hard.  And that has nothing to do with sentries being unbalanced.

Benito Mussolini
1 More!

10-29-2008, 06:10 PM

(10-28-2008, 01:27 PM)Versus-p- link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=1614.msg46347#msg46347 date=1225211157]Or just charge your stickies, you can still hit from ridiculous range.

My stickies don't go through walls Tongue. Also, the point of it was to illustrate the difficulty other classes would have destroying that sentry compared to the difficulty a demoman would have in the same situation.

Soldier: not enough damage at a time to kill the sentry with an engi standing behind it.
Heavy: too far away to kill it with an engi behind the sentry, much less with a pyro airblasting him.
Sniper: in range of the sentry, also getting hit too much to even hope to headshot the engi.
[/quote]

At least someone understood well what I meant by "stickies shouldn't be fixed"

I think many things should be fixed before that.
1- Pyros
2- Blautsauger/Übersaw being too strong (who takes the original needle gun/saw except me?)
3- Pyros
4- Spy's front/backstabs can certainly be fixed somehow... I don't think all of them are due to lag.
5- Pyros
6- Spy and Scout have to be next*
7- Pyros

*Note the heavy-update fail!

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

10-30-2008, 08:16 PM

(10-29-2008, 06:10 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: At least someone understood well what I meant by "stickies shouldn't be fixed"

1- Pyros
2- Blautsauger/Übersaw being too strong (who takes the original needle gun/saw except me?)
3- Pyros
4- Spy's front/backstabs can certainly be fixed somehow... I don't think all of them are due to lag.
5- Pyros
7- Pyros

this list is perfect except that you forgot a few Pyros.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

10-30-2008, 10:50 PM

(10-29-2008, 06:10 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-p- link=topic=1614.msg46368#msg46368 date=1225218443]
[quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=1614.msg46347#msg46347 date=1225211157]Or just charge your stickies, you can still hit from ridiculous range.

[/quote]

At least someone understood well what I meant by "stickies shouldn't be fixed"

1- Pyros
3- Pyros
5- Pyros
7- Pyros

[/quote]

I use the original Bonesaw for the speed.  And they can fix the Blutsauger when they fix Pyros ;P.

Nummy Milk
N00b

10-31-2008, 09:56 AM

I just want my beloved scout to be buffed. It's hard to dodge everything and then "lololol SKILL RAWKITS" out of nowhere. Or a pyro gets batted, and I still burn because medics don't heal anyone but their heavies.....goddamn one-sighted medics..
I should stop playing on pubs......

"Doctor, we need your help defusing this atom bomb!" "OPEN THAT SHIT UP!" *Pew Pew Pew* "Who knew being a Doctor would be this awesome!" "Let me assist you, Doctor..." :O
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

10-31-2008, 10:29 AM

(10-31-2008, 09:56 AM)Nummy Milk link Wrote: I still burn because medics don't heal anyone but their heavies

That, Valve cannot fix, sadly.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

10-31-2008, 05:06 PM

(10-31-2008, 09:56 AM)Nummy Milk link Wrote: I just want my beloved scout to be buffed. It's hard to dodge everything and then "lololol SKILL RAWKITS" out of nowhere. Or a pyro gets batted, and I still burn because medics don't heal anyone but their heavies.....goddamn one-sighted medics..
I should stop playing on pubs......

Hard enough to play Scout on Pubs with retarded engi rushes, unless you want to killwhore on defense on Dustbowl or Gravelpit.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

11-15-2008, 12:52 AM

Big news:

Valve apparently hinted at some new TF2 class action.