Hello There, Guest! Register

Do Not Mess With....
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

03-26-2008, 07:11 PM

Do not fuck with the spawn timers please  Wink

mp_disable_respawn_timers
mp_respawnwavetime

Altering these two will DELIST the server from the main internet list. If you are in game it will still show up under the 'custom' server tab, which very few people check. People still have not figured out that its even there and probably assume that servers show up in both, well they do not!

Additionally tf_birthday will also delist the server. I have now included lines in the server config file that will force default both of these variables in the future since the wave time was set to a lower number for the longest time, part of the reason I think the server has been more dead recently is when people hop from server to server in game they completely overlook ours due to the settings.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

03-27-2008, 08:13 AM

Birthday delists the server? :'(

Clearly shows how much I look at the server browser. When I started I found a few servers from the full list tab that are usually reasonably full and added them to my favourites. After that and getting on the dtoid server I never look at that tab anymore unless my favourites are all empty, which is pretty rare. :p

Heck, I didn't even know there was a custom server tab. :p

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

03-27-2008, 02:09 PM

Well gametracker shows that the server was packed until 4am this morning, so yea....removing those tags makes a difference

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

03-27-2008, 02:32 PM

Holy poop, that's pretty good for a Wednesday night. Smile

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Kor
Crits = Skill

03-27-2008, 04:13 PM

(03-27-2008, 02:09 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote:Well gametracker shows that the server was packed until 4am this morning, so yea....removing those tags makes a difference

Just what I like to hear.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein