Hello There, Guest! Register

I've descovered the secret to playing expert with all bots
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

12-10-2008, 08:42 PM

Grab a shotgun and run, leave the bots to distract the zombies.

Seriously a tank nailed me with a concrete block and I thought I was a gonner.  Then I remembered that if you don't shoot the tank when you are down he may not target you so I held my fire and sure enough he ran after robo-zoey.  Then robo-bill revived me.  I repaid him by booking it and leaving him for the tank.  I trucked it to the safe room because thankfully it stops spawning regular zombies when there is a tank afoot (I had to blast a hunter).

The tank followed me to the safe room but he can't break the end door so I killed him through it.  But then zoey wouldn't die so I had to just wait till a horde got called and finished her off.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

12-10-2008, 08:53 PM

(12-10-2008, 08:42 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Grab a shotgun and run, leave the bots to distract the zombies.

Seriously a tank nailed me with a concrete block and I thought I was a gonner.  Then I remembered that if you don't shoot the tank when you are down he may not target you so I held my fire and sure enough he ran after robo-zoey.  Then robo-bill revived me.  I repaid him by booking it and leaving him for the tank.  I trucked it to the safe room because thankfully it stops spawning regular zombies when there is a tank afoot (I had to blast a hunter).

The tank followed me to the safe room but he can't break the end door so I killed him through it.  But then zoey wouldn't die so I had to just wait till a horde got called and finished her off.

Possibly.  The Director tends to focus it's attention on the group, relying on a boss infected to pick someone off that goes on their own.  But if you move fast and get far enough ahead, it seems to have trouble keeping spawns up to deal with you, even if there isn't a Tank.  However I still see this being a problem on the levels where you have to call in the horde and wait for a bit.  And there's still no way to beat a finale like this.  And you have problems if you're so desperate to play you're really trying to play with bots.

Also I believe the Tank is just generally not stupid enough to target you on the ground on Expert, because it's a waste of time.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

12-10-2008, 09:47 PM

(12-10-2008, 08:53 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1954.msg54577#msg54577 date=1228959764]

Possibly.  The Director tends to focus it's attention on the group, relying on a boss infected to pick someone off that goes on their own.  But if you move fast and get far enough ahead, it seems to have trouble keeping spawns up to deal with you, even if there isn't a Tank.  However I still see this being a problem on the levels where you have to call in the horde and wait for a bit.  And there's still no way to beat a finale like this.  And you have problems if you're so desperate to play you're really trying to play with bots.

Also I believe the Tank is just generally not stupid enough to target you on the ground on Expert, because it's a waste of time.
[/quote]

It does target you but only if you shoot it.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

12-10-2008, 11:59 PM

(12-10-2008, 09:47 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=1954.msg54583#msg54583 date=1228960392]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1954.msg54577#msg54577 date=1228959764]

[/quote]

It does target you but only if you shoot it.
[/quote]

Really? 'cause on Expert for me the tank always seems to latch onto the knocked down person. But that's mostly because he can take them out in two swings.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

HuckBerryGee
Lurker

12-11-2008, 12:23 AM

I have discovered the secret of life, worship me and bring me beautiful virgins and your lives shall be fulfilled.

[Image: sanitymaskswirl1.gif]
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

12-11-2008, 02:47 AM

(12-10-2008, 08:53 PM)Wedge link Wrote: You have problems if you're so desperate to play you're really trying to play with bots.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

12-11-2008, 04:48 AM

descovered? seriously?

Sometimes you make me feel soo good Surf :3. It's Discover.]Welcome to America/Canada, now talk English

I'm such a dick :3

PPD: It's Discovered

x
BRB, Posting

12-11-2008, 05:41 AM

(12-10-2008, 08:42 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: I trucked it to the safe room because thankfully it stops spawning regular zombies when there is a tank afoot (I had to blast a hunter).

It's easy enough to outrun the director anyway. Was fucking about on Expert the other night with someone. Killed both the bots as we left the saferoom then he got mobbed so I just fucked off and made it all the way to the end at full pelt just taking out the odd common infected along the way.