Hello There, Guest! Register

Updates of the Week (ongoing discussion)
kaese
Accepts Non-Virgin Goat Sacrifices

12-19-2012, 10:37 PM

Merry Smissmas!

http://www.teamfortress.com/mechaupdate/

[Image: 46qrx2X.gif]
ask me about mpreg
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

12-20-2012, 12:14 AM

-Resumes wishing the Barely-Melted Capacitor equip turns player into robot- >->

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

01-10-2013, 10:48 PM

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=9714
Stockpile these hattes while you can folks.

[move][/move]
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

03-13-2013, 03:51 AM

crate 50
Strange Bacon Grease used on the pan to make it strange
Construction PD
Original
Invisibility Watch
Splendid Screen

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

03-13-2013, 02:11 PM

I want need strange bacon grease.

[move][/move]
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

04-03-2013, 07:23 PM

So it seems valve gave reddit The Conspiracy Cap Beep boop

[/move]
k0ala
BRB, Posting

04-22-2013, 01:20 PM

FAQ: HOW TO GET READY FOR STEAMPIPE LAUNCH ON 30TH OF APRIL!
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-25164/page-1/
Quote:The official release of SteamPipe will arrive on 30th of April (Valve time). As pub player you might not care too much, but as competitive player you might want to make sure you are ready for transition because if your TF2 is customized a bit more than simple addition of chris’es config, then you might lose some of the “stuff” when transition happens. If you don’t want to read too much, just scroll to bottom Q/A part, I will go in more detailed steps in following thread. So here are few things to know:

* Backup ALL configs. Just doing simple copy paste to your /cfg folder will do, save it on desktop or anything really, as long as its copied somewhere NOT inside /team fortress 2/ folder. I don’t know if this is bug atm, but some configs get deleted when going SteamPipe, so atm I’d advise to better be safe than sorry and just making sure you don’t lose your loved duckjump scripts.

* Backup your HUD’s, especially if custom made. Although they do get moved to /tf/download/ location, backing them up will save time for you trying to search them!

What about maps/materials/sounds/etc? When transition happens they will be moved to /download/* folder. This is your new location for files downloaded from server. But this is not where you put your config or hud! Also if you wish local host server with custom maps or play in pub with custom models, you will need to make copy of these files in /custom/custom_dir/ folder. Keep reading!

After your TF2 will be transformed into SteamPipe, your new folder for everything custom is ../steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/custom/ Anything you want added needs to go in /custom/custom_dir/*. I will show how:

* Reinstalling configs: To keep it simple, you want to make another folder inside /custom/ for your custom things to load, so I created /custom/userstuff/. You CAN then dump any huds, configs and all the stuff you had in /custom/userstuff/ or you CAN keep it dapper and use the VPK tool if you are nerdy, but I wont go into it, the info how is in link on bottom.

So to reinstall my backed up /cfg/ I ended up making my file structure look something like this: /tf/custom/userstuff/cfg/spy.cfg

* Reinstalling HUD’s: Same thing as with cfg – make custom folder under /custom/ It can be the same /userstuff/ as for your cfg, or you can simply make /hud/ folder under /custom/. So /custom/userstuff/* and /custom/hud/* are both acceptable. The final file structure for me looks like /tf/custom/userstuff/resource/clientscheme.res

* Reinstalling plugins: looks like they still are in /tf/addons so no change there, you shouldnt even need to touch them as they are auto moved. Most popular plugins work, however PREC seems to be broken at the moment.

* Installing custom maps for local hosting or custom content to play on sv_pure 0 (like models): Same as previous – Put everything in /custom/mystuff/. So it might look like /custom/mystuff/maps/mge_v8.bsp or /custom/mystuff/materials/naked_models.vmt
You can local host maps that are in /download/ location if you type map mapname in console, but the names wont come up from GUI main menu. Any custom models need to be in /custom/mystuff/ folder though for them to work!

Also this is an official article about the change. Read it if you feel nerdy…

TLDR Q/A:
Q: I transitioned to SteamPipe, Where are my files?!
A: New TF2 folder is under /steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf and old custom files can be found under /download/ and your config is still under /cfg/ Some class configs probably got deleted..

Q: Where do I put my configs/huds/etc?
A: /tf/custom/mystuff/* example: /custom/mystuff/cfg/autoexec.cfg

Q: Have loading times improved?
A: Yes, noticeably, on any system.

Q: Can I install TF2 on different drive(SSD?) than Steam is on atm for ultimate speedyness?
A: Yes, just reinstall TF2, upon pressing install steam will give you choice where to install it!

Q: PREC doesn’t work?
A: Yes, looks like it doesn’t Sad Other plugins however seem fine.

Q: What about validation problems?
A: This update is addressed to fix this problem. So fingers crossed and we hopefully wont see it anymore!

Hope it helps, pew pew!

Last edited by AnimaL, 4-18-2013

[Image: i9pkpXG.jpg]
K2
BRB, Posting

05-17-2013, 06:53 PM

New update. It's just a bunch of community-made robot-versions of existing hats.

More importantly, Backpack Expanders are currently on sale for $0.99.
kaese
Accepts Non-Virgin Goat Sacrifices

07-10-2013, 05:51 PM

Q-F no longer completely lame.
Hallelujah!

Quick-Fix
  - Added 50% Overheal
  - Über now affects the medic when there’s no heal target
  - Shotguns with pushback (Force O’ Nature) no longer affect players under the effect of Quick-Fix’s Über

[Image: 46qrx2X.gif]
ask me about mpreg
K2
BRB, Posting

07-10-2013, 07:48 PM

Wow massive patch notes. I just finished reading it all and HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST PATCH EVER. Every map bug I can think of fixed, wrangler nerfs, DR nerfs, minor buffs for a lot of rarely-used weapons, text search for backpacks, and a billion other awesome little things.

Update notes:

General:
       Added over 60 Gold Star community-submitted Workshop items
       Summer Claim Checks can now be redeemed for Summer Coolers
       Summer Cooler Keys are now available in the Mann Co. Store
       Map Stamps and Strange Filters for the new community maps cp_standin and cp_process are now available in the Mann Co. Store
       Reduced intensity of Bleed and Jarate screen effects under DX8
       Added text search functionality to the backpack and the store
       Added tf_hud_show_servertimelimit to display the server’s per-map time limit on the in-game HUD
       In MvM, if all team members unready, the pre-round countdown will stop
       In MvM, when robots are killed by sniper headshots or explosive headshot upgrade, they will drop ‘red’ money that will automatically be collected when it would otherwise dissolve
       Fixed a bug with the Unusual Adjustment Slider that would cause changes not to take effect
       Double-clicking a crate will now take you to the appropriate key in the store
       By default, items with non-standard qualities (i.e., strange, unusual) will not be selectable as craft ingredient. The ingredient selection UI has a checkbox to disable this feature and allow selection.
       Unusuals and Stranges no longer stack in loadout equip pages
       Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause incorrect Steam Community Market prices to be shown on item tooltips when using non-USD currencies
       Fixed a bug that would cause the popular items page in the store to not always update correctly
       Fixed a bug where disguised red spies spawned a blue heal particle when touching healthkits
       Fixed a bug where certain projectiles and Engineer building gibs could cause doors to become stuck
       Fixed a bug where crouch animations would not properly play while in humiliation state
       Fixed a bug where full ÜberCharge effects would always show on the client if a player was killed with full ÜberCharge
       Fixed a bug that allowed custom item names/descriptions containing HTML to sometimes change the appearance of items in Steam Community
       Fixed level 3 dispensers missing geometry
       Fixed level 2 dispensers appearing identical to level 1 dispensers at certain LODs
       Fixed the Marked-For-Death effect showing over the head of disguised or stealthed players
       Fixed suicide deathnotices showing the dead player's last deployed weapon instead of the skull and crossbones
       Fixed characters in the loadout page sometimes appearing as if they were cloaked
       Weapon attributes will now show in the same order in-game and in Steam Community
       Support for the ITFItems/GetPlayerItems and ITFItems/GetSchema WebAPIs have been removed
       Added support for the Oculus-native distortion function via the "oculus_use_ovr_distortion" convar in VR mode

Maps:
       Added cp_standin and cp_process
       Renamed mvm_coaltown_event to mvm_ghost_town to fix a problem with voting for challenges in MvM when on Coal Town

cp_badlands
           Fixed jumps being ruined by small rock ledge near spiral
           Fixed prop collisions
           Fixed clip smoothing
       cp_dustbowl
           Fixed players building in Blu's first spawn
           Fixed players shooting through rocks in stage 2
           Fixed collision in tunnels in stage 2
           Fixed textures not displaying properly in Pyrovision
           Fixed lighting on cliff faces
           Fixed skybox error in stage 3.
           Fixed players getting killed through the ceiling under stage 2 cap 1
           Adjusted ceiling height in stage 3 tunnel for better clearance
           Cleaned up prop collision
       cp_egypt
           Fixed clip brush exploits
           Players can no longer build on top of arches and high ledges
       cp_gorge
           Players can no longer build in Blu's first spawn room
           Changed scale of water texture
       cp_granary
           Fixed improper orientation on arrow signs
           Fixed players getting above red forward spawn
           Fixed players building on cargo containers inside spawn room
           Fixed holes in skybox geometry
           Removed collision from hanging lamp over Red spawn
           Removed collision from security cameras above Red and Blue spawns
           Mirrored fence alcove from Blu final cap arena to Red side
           Balanced collision of rocks in final capture arenas
           Re-ordered spawns in the first spawn room to be consistent between Red and Blu
       cp_gravelpit
           Clipped roof of building over cap A
           Removed helthpack under terrain
           Added decals under health kits and ammo packs
       cp_gullywash
           Fixed players getting out of the map near the middle capture point
           Fixed collision exploits near middle capture point
       cp_mountainlab
           Fixed collision issues on the ladders and hill that lead to the first point
           Fixed static prop lighting
       cp_steel
           Fixed players blocking Blu's spawn exit door leading to capture point B
           Fixed collision on ledge near capture point B
           Players can no longer build inside Red spawn room.
           Blu spawn point over grate removed.

ctf_2fort
           Fixed building inside of spawn doors
           Fixed clipping exploits on battlements
           Fixed height of door leading to spiral stairs in Blu base so players can now crouch past a placed dispenser
           Cleaned up prop collision
           Smoothed clipping on wagon wheel and other props
       ctf_well
           Fixed players jumping out of the map

koth_king
           Health and ammo packs now match on Red and Blu sides of the map
           Players can no longer build in spawn doors
       koth_lakeside
           Fixed rockets passing through terrain near the capture point
       koth_viaduct
           Players can no longer build in spawn room rafters

mvm_bigrock
           Fixed players building on rock in cave section

pl_badwater
           Fixed player clip brush exploits and missing player clip brushes on roofs and rock walls
           Fixed player clip smoothing
           Fixed fence collisions
           Fixed floating rocks in skybox
           Fixed lighting on props
           Fixed lighting on canyon vista
           Handrails no longer collide with bullets and projectiles
           Performance increase through poly reduction, model collision reduction and model fade distances
           Players can no longer build inside Blu spawn room
           Players can no longer be trapped with teleporters under the sign by the first capture point
           Players can no longer enter the room overlooking the final cap through the windows before point 3 is captured
           Players will now be crushed by closing doors upon the capture of point 2
       pl_barnblitz
           Fixed building in the skybox above Red's final spawn
           Teleporters will no longer self destruct when used on the battlements near Blu's first spawn
       pl_frontier
           Fixed spawn doors not working properly after second capture.
           Players can no longer build inside kill volumes
           Players can no longer build inside of Blu's second spawn room
           Red players can now enter the Blu team spawn upon round win
       pl_goldrush
           Fixed collision on props and clip exploits
           Fixed buildings being prohibited from construction in the garage near the end of stage 3
           Players can no longer block the cart through the wall in stage
           Players can no longer build in spawn exits
           Players can no longer build on the shack roof near the end of stage 3
           Players and buildings can no longer be killed through the floor in stage 1 in the upper room by the cap
           Players can no longer build on the perch in stage 1
       pl_thundermountain
           Fixed gate visible through ceiling in stage 3
           Fixed clipping in stage 3 Blu spawn
           Prevented players from building in the cliffside kill zone in stage 1
       pl_upward
           Fixed exploit where Blu team could be trapped in their final spawn room
           Fixed gap in collision which allowed Blu players to be shot in their first spawn
           Fixed fade distances on props in Blu spawn
           Fixed players building under catwalk on the ledge of the final pit
           Fixed clip brush exploits
           Players can no longer be trapped by teleporting under stairs near final capture point
           Players can no longer build inside of Red's final spawn room
           Players can no longer build inside of spawn room doors
           Players can no longer be trapped inside of the capture point sign
           Prevented Blu team from entering final spawn room while it is neutral
           Smoothed clipping collision
           Collision performance increases
           Replaced floor texture in Red team final spawn room

plr_hightower
           Fixed clip brush exploit above building on cliff edge
       plr_nightfall
           Fixed players jumping outside of the map
           Reduced prop collision
       plr_pipeline
           Fixed invisible faces

tc_hydro
           Fixed clip brush exploit where players could get out of world
           Fixed players getting on top of monument.

Items:
       The Chieftain's Challenge, Lord Cockswain's Pith Helmet, That '70s Chapeau, The K-9 Mane, The Stovepipe Sniper Shako, The Pounding Father, and Vox Diabolus can now be painted
       "The Public Enemy", "The Urban Professional", and "The Dumpster Diver" sets will now show up as sets in the in-game UI
       Cursed Soul items (Halloween zombie skins) are now renameable
       Strange Bacon Grease can now be gift-wrapped
       Added LODs to the Airborne Armaments set items
       Fixed Bison/Pomson projectiles getting stuck on doors
       Fixed Baseballs and Jars sometimes going through thin geometry

Crit-A-Cola
           Removed: Damage taken mini-crits
           Added: Damage taken increased 25%
       Shortstop
           Added 20% bonus healing while deployed
           Added 80% vulnerability increase to all push forces while deployed
       Winger
           Added +25% Jump Height bonus when active
       The Special Delivery (set)
           Removed: +25 max health on wearer
           Added: Leave a calling card on your victims

Battalion's Backup
           Added additional +15% Sentry damage resistance to all teammates while banner effect is active (50% damage reduction while banner is active)
           Rage is now generated from damage dealt instead of damage received
       Black Box
           Rocket explosions now use correct sound
       Beggar’s Bazooka
           Fixed an exploit that allowed players to hold a set fixed number of rockets (reload cancelling)
           Misfired Rockets now remove one loaded rocket from the clip
       Concheror
           Rage is now generated only from damage dealt
           Buffed players now receive a speed boost, in addition to the previous Health-On-Hit effect
       Cow Mangler 5000
           Reduced clip size (from 5 to 4)
           Removed -10% damage attribute
           Removed 5% slower reload attribute
           Added missing "sets players on fire" description text
           New particles and sound
       Escape Plan
           Players receive the Marked-For-Death effect after deploying, and for a short period after holstering.
       Liberty Launcher:
           Removed: 25% reduced clip size penalty
           Added: 25% reduced damage penalty
       Original
           Rocket explosions now use correct sound
       The Tank Buster (set)
           Removed: +20% Sentry damage resistance on wearer

Phlogistinator
           Fixed "Mmmph" progress resetting after touching a resupply cabinet
       Powerjack
           Added: 15% increase move speed while deployed
           Added: 20% damage vulnerability to all sources
       The Gas Jockey's Gear (set)
           Removed: +10% faster move speed on wearer
           Removed: +10% bullet damage vulnerability on wearer
           Added: Leave a calling card on your victims.

Chargin' Targe
           Added: Afterburn immunity
       Loose Cannon
           Range no longer affects direct cannonball impact damage
           Reduced charge time to 1 second
           Added: Double-Donk (directly impacting an enemy within half a second before the bomb explosion) sound and particle effects
           Double-Donk damage now mini-crits
       The Expert's Ordnance (set)
           Removed: +10% fire damage resistance on wearer

Buffalo Steak Sandvich
           Removed: Damage taken mini-crits
           Added: Damage taken increased 25%
       Dalokohs Bar
           Increased amount of health restored per-bite from 15 to 25

Gunslinger
           Fixed a bug that caused mini-sentries to heal while being constructed
       Rescue Ranger
           Minor increase in damage per bolt
           Increased building healing from 50 to 75 per bolt
       Short Circuit
           Ammo cost reduced when an attack destroys a projectile.
       Wrangler:
           Slightly reduced accuracy of manually-controlled sentry at long range
           Protective shield now fades 1 second after the owning Engineer dies

Crusaders Crossbow
           Changed arrow projectile to a large syringe
           Added new trail effects
           Smoothed out reload animation (DPS unchanged)
           Fixed being able to heal players that are using items that block healing
       Quick-Fix
           Added 50% Overheal
           Über now affects the medic when there's no heal target
           Shotguns with pushback (Force-A-Nature) no longer affect players under the effect of Quick-Fix’s Über
       Vaccinator
           Über now fully absorbs crit damage for the selected damage type, but depletes Übercharge based on the amount of damage prevented

Bazaar Bargain
           Fixed the starting charge rate being -40% instead of -20%
           Capped the max charge rate to 200%
       Cozy Camper
           Removed movement penalty.
           Added: Damage taken increased by 20%
       Darwin's Danger shield
           Added: Bullet damage taken reduced by 15%
           Added: Explosive damage taken increased by 20%
       The Croc-o-Style Kit (set)
           Removed headshot immunity

Dead Ringer
           When under the effect of Feign Death, damage taken decreases the duration of the effect
       L'Etranger
           Added: 40% increased cloak duration
       Spy-cicle
           Fixed a bug that would cause the charge meter to not reset when the spy was killed
       The Saharan Spy (set)
           Removed: Reduced decloak sound volume
           Removed: 0.5 sec longer cloak blink time
           Added custom particle effects when taunting
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 08:32 PM by K2.)
StolenToast
BRB, Posting

07-10-2013, 08:07 PM

=O

[Image: MNON0Oe.png][Image: tumblr_m360cgh8CN1rui512o1_400.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif]
Neptune
Lurker

07-10-2013, 08:59 PM

DR NERF: ABOUT FUCKING TIME

Took them only about 4 years.  Maybe I'll actually start playing again.
HeK
Rotartsinimda

07-10-2013, 11:03 PM

Jesus fuck!

This means only one thing... the staff who left TF2 to work on a different project have returned.... meaning their other project has been completed. Or canceled.
Big Valve release right around the corner?
Didzo
Uninstalling

07-11-2013, 01:27 AM

(07-10-2013, 11:03 PM)HeK link Wrote: Jesus fuck!

This means only one thing... the staff who left TF2 to work on a different project have returned.... meaning their other project has been completed. Or canceled.

HL2 on sale + TF2 Update That Isn't New Hats + Summer Sale

These three events spread over the course of three days.

Could it be?

Maybe it is time...

RICOCHET 2!!!

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

07-11-2013, 09:57 AM

(07-10-2013, 11:03 PM)HeK link Wrote: Jesus fuck!

^good point

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

07-13-2013, 07:52 AM

you're a few years too late with these fixes, valve

also

(07-11-2013, 01:27 AM)Didzo link Wrote: RICOCHET 2!!!

K2
BRB, Posting

06-18-2014, 09:09 PM

I know none of us play this anymore, but holy shit.

Quote:Weapon changes and updates
  • With The Hitman's Heatmaker, pressing ‘reload’ now activates focus when it is full
  • The Axtinguisher now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets
  • The Bushwacka can no longer randomly crit
  • All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing.
  • All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.
  • Sentry bullets are now affected by damage falloff outside of sentry scan range
  • Sentry bullet damage has been changed so it calculates damage based on the sentry's position, not the Engineer's

Also new weapons.
backfire
Uninstalling

06-20-2014, 09:25 PM

I started playing again randomly. That new demo shield is the best thing to happen to the game. Chain bottle kills makes this game fun again.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Chief
BRB, Posting

06-21-2014, 03:14 PM

(06-18-2014, 09:09 PM)K2 link Wrote:
  • All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.
rip eightball 3 years ago

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

06-21-2014, 03:34 PM

(06-21-2014, 03:14 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=K2 link=topic=206.msg279233#msg279233 date=1403143780]
rip eightball 3 years ago
[/quote]