Hello There, Guest! Register

So now that they're out....
1Trace1

04-30-2008, 02:40 PM

What do you guys think about the new medic weapons? From what I've seen they don't seem to be imbalanced. I think they add just a little more depth to playing the medic, which is always appreciated. Were your fears of game imbalance validated or are these weapons just meh?
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

04-30-2008, 02:50 PM

I haven't had the chance to unlock any, but soft sweater did shoot me with the vampire gun. It was ok I guess Big Grin

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

04-30-2008, 03:05 PM

Even after the update..there was an instance where we had to ask for another medic, but the fact of the matter is..

Good medics are now much more willing to come hunt you down in the middle of a fight...the new weapons give them a greater combat boost..and I definitely know this because I played all fucking night. The new saw isn't that dangerous either...

And Goldrush is officially the shit..it is so fun.

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

04-30-2008, 06:07 PM

The vampire gun is a lot better than the normal gun.  Free health beats crits any day.

exanimo

04-30-2008, 06:28 PM

I think it's foolish of Valve to release them all separately.  If they really were looking for balance they should have released all of this secret shit all at once.  Now, when they release the weapons for characters, they have to think of balancing it out with an unoptimized cast of other characters that have no 'upgraded' secret weapon yet.  They're not changing anything.

I know it was clumsily written, but you may get the idea.
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-30-2008, 06:43 PM

I have to wonder if they've actually finished the other class updates, and are just staggering the release to maintain interest though.  I mean, did it really take them 6+ months to make a couple maps and 3 weapons?

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

04-30-2008, 10:28 PM

I remember reading an interview where they said the other weapons would come out sooner than we think..

ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

04-30-2008, 11:11 PM

Tomorrow would be good, to unleash a new wave of achievement whoring :p

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
broonor
Lurker

05-01-2008, 12:02 AM

You'd think we were paying monthly to play TF2 the way they slowly eke out new content.  Agreed that it didn't take this long for just medic stuff, but if they didn't know it could be balanced with this stuff they wouldn't release any part I guess.

Or are they limiting the staff to 2 people to produce more TF stuff?

[Image: playerfeed_977354_bigsig.gif]
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

05-01-2008, 06:12 AM

(04-30-2008, 11:11 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: Tomorrow would be good, to unleash a new wave of achievement whoring :p

Indeed. Get those fuckers off of Medic so those of us who actually regularly play the class can legitimately get them. ^_^

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

05-02-2008, 11:15 PM

I like the new weapons but not to the point of must get them.. I only wanted the new needle gun & thats it

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-02-2008, 11:22 PM

Ill probably go back to the old needle gun, the occasional crit would always save my ass more than leeching health has.

When I do get the uber saw, Ill probably never pick the other one up again.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

05-03-2008, 01:45 AM

(05-02-2008, 11:22 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Ill probably go back to the old needle gun, the occasional crit would always save my ass more than leeching health has.

When I do get the uber saw, Ill probably never pick the other one up again.
Funny.. when I saw the uber saw, I was like aw sh*t. the huge ass needle in the middle makes my veins squirm >>;

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-03-2008, 08:40 AM

So one question about that new needle gun. I often notice that even as other classes, I'll get a random stream of 3's panning across my health bar, same animation as for the medic's new needle gun. Is it a bug, or does that gun heal anyone/everyone? If so, it may be a whole lot more useful.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-03-2008, 10:28 AM

(05-03-2008, 08:40 AM)copulatingduck link Wrote: So one question about that new needle gun. I often notice that even as other classes, I'll get a random stream of 3's panning across my health bar, same animation as for the medic's new needle gun. Is it a bug, or does that gun heal anyone/everyone? If so, it may be a whole lot more useful.

I think thats a bug

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel