Hello There, Guest! Register

That's what I'm talking about
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

01-27-2009, 10:42 PM

Pretty lame update

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-27-2009, 10:46 PM

(01-27-2009, 10:42 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: Pretty lame update

lol, hell no

Some LONG overdue bug fixes and optimizations

FPS has been slipping since the medic update, there is an DoS exploit to crash servers, and don't forget that whole 'Time out on map change' that Ive seen clear out #1 more times than I care to count.

Id rather see them fix all that shit before they push out the scout update.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

01-27-2009, 10:47 PM

All of this stuff mentioned seems pretty damn good to me. I want to see the new weapon switch out thing they've got going. The current one is just silly.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

01-27-2009, 10:53 PM

Meh, I just think they should've fixed that a long time ago.

That unlocked weapons switch has been there since Medic update.
That and the once where you can't see those weapons when looking at a SourceTV demo.
It should've be fixed months ago...

Also,
Quote:We've got an update that should be out tomorrow
I don't want to wait another week.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

01-27-2009, 10:55 PM

Pretty unrelated, but I was watching Meet the Soldier in German and I realized the pretty funny violence censorship. Al the blood is a black oil, and at the end when one of the heads is on the ground, instead of a bone coming out of it there is a spring. Silly Germans.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
SAVAGE-0
BRB, Posting

01-28-2009, 09:42 AM

any1 want to copy paste for me? stupid work firewall =\ kthnx

trust me... I'm a 2L
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

01-28-2009, 09:46 AM

(01-28-2009, 09:42 AM)SAVAGE-0 link Wrote: any1 want to copy paste for me? stupid work firewall =\ kthnx

Quote:That's what I'm talking about!
January 27, 2009 - Robin Walker

We're just about done with the Scout pack, and our design and coding has already moved on to the next pack. The weapons and achievements are all nailed down, and we just have to finish up the final artwork on them. We like to do the final art as late as possible to ensure that we don't waste any work, which turned out to be a good decision this time around due to the large number of unlockables we tried out as alternatives to the Scattergun. Balancing his replacement weapon has been very tricky due to large threat difference of the Scout between skilled and non-skilled hands. More on that soon.

In the meantime, here's a few answers to some questions we get regularly:

"When's the next update going to be out?"

* We've got an update that should be out tomorrow with a bunch of bug & exploit fixes. Later this week we hope to have another update out that changes the way we store your unlockable items. You shouldn't notice much difference, other than if you play on multiple computers we'll now propagate your item choices. You can think of that update as the one that moves your inventory into the Steam Cloud. Once that's out of the way, we'll be able to ship the Scout pack.

"Why did you change the minigun's muzzle flash away from the original one shown in Meet the Heavy?"

* That muzzle flash was one of the earliest effects that we put in the game and it was done before our new particle system was in place. As we moved forward with the effects we decided that such a cartoony hard-edged look to the effects didn't help the readability of the overall game. If the muzzle flashes and all the effects had well defined edges, they would visually compete with the rest of the TF2 world and the players. So it was decided that the effects should be much softer than the rest of the game so as to not overwhelm an already visually dense game.

"Why should I use Natascha? And doesn't she only do 66% damage, not 75%?"

* You're correct, there was a bug that caused her to lose 0.75 damage off each individual bullet she fired. She spits out so many bullets that a tiny amount like that added up to a significant difference. Tomorrow's update will fix that, and also includes a slight boost to the amount of slowdown she delivers. Our internal playtesters have been finding her much more useful, especially on the large number of Scouts running around with new toys.

"Why is the Sniper such a fake Australian? Aren't several members of the TF2 team Australian?"

* Yes, it's true, the Sniper is a fairly unconvincing Australian. Most of his lines make him sound more English than Australian, and the voice actor is clearly an English actor faking an Australian accent. As for why we didn't fight to make him more authentic, we though it was appropriate that he was about as convincing an Australian as the Demoman is a Scotsman, or the Medic a German.

edit:

Also this:
Quote:Nine mercenaries have come together for a job. It's the middle-ish part of a century a lot like the one we just had. A simpler time. There are three TV stations, one phone company, and two holding corporations that secretly control every government on the planet. Each corporation administers its half of the world with a multi-disciplined army of paper pushers. For any problem lacking an obvious bureaucratic solution, mercenaries like these are contracted to address the situation through a massive application of force. Now's your chance to Meet the Team.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2009, 09:53 AM by copulatingduck.)
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

01-28-2009, 09:49 AM

Bug fixes are not an exciting update. A necessary one, but not exciting. And given how many longstanding bugs there are, and how many I'm sure will end up going completely ignored again, I can see why someone would call it a lame update. :-[

The bit about balancing the scout's new weapon so that good players don't dominate while bad players can can do well with it makes me worry... Wonder if it will be more or less retarded than something like a red shell launcher

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2009, 09:51 AM by copulatingduck.)
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

01-28-2009, 10:04 AM

(01-28-2009, 09:49 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: The bit about balancing the scout's new weapon so that good players don't dominate while bad players can can do well with it makes me worry... Wonder if it will be more or less retarded than something like a red shell launcher

The way they're going with the Demo that'll be his unlockable, along with a blue shell launcher. Tongue

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

01-28-2009, 10:45 AM

(01-28-2009, 10:04 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=2229.msg63751#msg63751 date=1233154195]
The bit about balancing the scout's new weapon so that good players don't dominate while bad players can can do well with it makes me worry... Wonder if it will be more or less retarded than something like a red shell launcher

The way they're going with the Demo that'll be his unlockable, along with a blue shell launcher. Tongue
[/quote]

I already hate these unlockables, seems to be catering to retards again. And by golly speaking of catering to retards, LETS MAKE NATASHA SLOW DOWN PEOPLE EVEN MOOOOOOOOOORE

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Loqutus
Lurker

01-28-2009, 10:52 AM

I don't care what order they do they updates. I just know I'm getting my scout update in a week Smile

Bulletproof.
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

01-28-2009, 11:19 AM

(01-28-2009, 10:52 AM)Loqutus link Wrote: I don't care what order they do they updates. I just know I'm getting my scout update in a month Sad

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-28-2009, 12:08 PM

(01-28-2009, 10:45 AM)Honest link Wrote: [quote author=ScottyGrayskull link=topic=2229.msg63752#msg63752 date=1233155070]
[quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=2229.msg63751#msg63751 date=1233154195]

[/quote]

I already hate these unlockables, seems to be catering to retards again. And by golly speaking of catering to retards, LETS MAKE NATASHA SLOW DOWN PEOPLE EVEN MOOOOOOOOOORE
[/quote]

I think they are making it actually useful, who the fuck uses Natasha? Its utterly pointless, they stated already that the damage somehow got nerfed more than it was supposed to, so it was sorta broken out the door.

Im wondering though what they "changed" for the scout

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Vlambo
BRB, Posting

01-28-2009, 12:27 PM

Melee Unlockable: Dildo Bat: Stuns opponents for 3 secs with its massive size
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

01-28-2009, 01:43 PM

momentum based weapon PLZ

+10% if your running/moving in ain
-20% if your stood still/jumping on spot

slow pistol

- 30% speed on hit for 1 second
smaller clip
slower fire

the mele can be momentum based too i guess.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

01-28-2009, 02:23 PM

Cool they'll be updating Natascha to be somewhat useful.  I kinda liked it, but the slow down wasn't worth getting your ass kicked from the damage difference.  Hopefully some good comes from the update for the scout and I'm interested to see what the next update will be since they are working on it now.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
SAVAGE-0
BRB, Posting

01-28-2009, 03:26 PM

I can't wait, I love playing scout... and I agree with caff in that I think Valve really does listen to the community as a whole and really... who does use Natascha, so why not up it a bit..  every upgrade is supposed to be useful to some people.

ps thanks duck! I hate not being able to get to sites like that... "blocked to maintain the business interests of the bank, ensure regulatory compliance and/or protect the safety and security of associates and customers."

not sure how TF2's official page is damaging to the bank.. but hey, thank god they dont block this page.

trust me... I'm a 2L
Squishy3
Closet Furry

01-28-2009, 04:30 PM

(01-28-2009, 01:43 PM)Dave link Wrote: momentum based weapon PLZ

+10% if your running/moving in ain
-20% if your stood still/jumping on spot

slow pistol

- 30% speed on hit for 1 second
smaller clip
slower fire

the mele can be momentum based too i guess.
running/moving in ain huh? dave wants to get inside ain, fact

Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

01-28-2009, 05:25 PM

so far all of the class update weapons have just generally been annoying. medics surviving what they shouldnt, backburner, axetenguisher, flares, natasha, they all suck. im not looking forward to this at all.

shoopfox
BRB, Posting

01-28-2009, 08:08 PM

(01-28-2009, 05:25 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: so far all of the class update weapons have just generally been annoying. medics surviving what they shouldnt, backburner, axetenguisher, flares, natasha, they all suck. im not looking forward to this at all.

Blutsauger is good, not annoying Tongue

But yeah, I have no idea what you could even give a Scout for unlockables. Isn't the class as balanced as it's gonna get?