Hello There, Guest! Register

How to advance in rank. (Draft version, please discuss!)
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

03-17-2009, 01:05 PM

OK, so we have this new guild, so how are we going to treat our new and old members, rank wise?

This is what we have now:
Quote:We have a point system per rank. The points are as follows:

< 30: Peon
30 - 70: Grunt
70 - 200: Soldier
> 200: Knight

The Hero rank is for people who have risen up and over their duty to the guild and the Lords are the leaders of the guild.

You gain points by:

Inviting a member: 10 points
Boosting an existing member: 30 points
Donating to the guild bank.

I don't think this system works very well now that we have a guild tab etc. and I would like to find a way that protects us from freeloaders while still giving new arrivals a reason to contribute.

Your thoughts please!

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Comedian
N00b

03-17-2009, 02:33 PM

The points for boosts and invites are fine at 10 and 30. Leaving the guild bank donations open ended in terms of points rewarded is also fine.

Freeloaders only become a problem at "Soldier" level.
A wider gap until then wud help. I.e. start it at 400 pts or so.

Also a points reset for all members may be useful and points trimming for poor attitude or idiotacy.

Thats me..
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

03-22-2009, 04:24 AM

OK, this is my preliminary way of advancing in rank.

It's quite simple, it's called "be a nice guy".

When you join the guild, you won't be able to do anything with the guild bank. This is what we call a trial period. Until we're sure you're not here to just freeload and leave, you won't advance in rank.
After that your promotions will be based on your participation in the guild. Stuff like boosting people, inviting people, (no spam invites please) donating to the guild, helping members and also participating in the discussions here on the forum will all be factors in us deciding if you're ready for a promotion.

Of course, being an asshole will make us demote or kick you... Wink

So that is my simple rank advancement guide. If you have questions or comments, press the reply button.

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.