Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: What day to do this?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
monday
15.38%
2 15.38%
thuesday
15.38%
2 15.38%
wednesday
15.38%
2 15.38%
thursday
23.08%
3 23.08%
friday
7.69%
1 7.69%
weekend
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

raiding boosting/teaching day
shani
N00b

03-26-2009, 04:05 PM

Ok peeps, the officers and our beloved guild leader were talking about 1 standard day for boosting/teaching. We're teaching how to run a dungeon. This involves marking (Marking is put a specific symbol on a mob for the order how to attack and what who has to do). Because we cant keep boosting all the time. The advantage of this is that  while you learn how to mark and what to do in higher dungeons it will make instances easeier and if you wanna pug you will see this system as well. This will give our guild a good name and  also a better chance to survive later dungeons from start to finish. These will give better gear. The smartest thing is to start this at wednesday. Why?  Because the server resets every tuesday on wednesday night, This will give us a whole week to finish a dungeon.

Now here is the the question.  What day is the best day for you?

Edit by ainmosni (Endrazil): cleaned it up a little on request by shani.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2009, 04:15 PM by ainmosni.)
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

03-26-2009, 04:16 PM

I'm all for it, for me thursday or wednesday will work the best as I can be there most of the time.

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

03-26-2009, 10:05 PM

You can make a poll in which you can pick more than one answer... I suggest you remake your poll (or change it, if you can) for that.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Urjin
N00b

03-27-2009, 06:18 AM

Great idea, this could make us work as a guild a lot better.

But I have a suggestion for those of us who dont play "normal" gaming hours, and thus have problems attending these:
Guild Event Manager.
This is a addon that lets members of the guild shedule events, instances, raids, whatnots ingame, and lets others suscribe (sign up) for it ingame. it even has a function that lets the creator of the "event" select wich classes he/she needs, amount of people of wich class, and so on.
With this addon, we can easily plan practice sessions, boosts, regular instances, raids, and justabout whatever we wish to shedule. Ive even set up classic "nekkid guild runs" with it, the sky is the limit.
I know some of you like to use GuildCalendar, but the author of that addon has decided to drop his project, due to Blizzard's "new" policy on not allowing ingame soliciting. GuildEventManager I think is the best addon for sheduling events thats currently maintained. -but thats my opinion..
If we're to use GEM (GuildEventManager) we should use a separate channel for it. My reasoning for this, is that it will generate less lag for the ones that Don't use it. It can be set to use the default "hidden" guild channel, just like Gatherer and similar addons but that gets sent to each and every member of the guild, not just the ones that need it.
curse link to addon:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addon...nager.aspx
Autors page for addon:
http://www.wowgem.fr/

edit: I pestered Comedian into setting up a channel for it, its called
Private
with password
PASSWORD
-so less spam for the ones not using it. =P
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2009, 06:42 AM by Urjin.)
dazee
N00b

03-27-2009, 06:28 AM

Good idea... any day would be find for me ATM...

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

03-27-2009, 07:18 AM

Oh Hai, I edited your poll  Wink

You can vote up to 6 times and change your vote should your schedule ever change to make a day available/unavailable

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

03-27-2009, 09:23 AM

(03-27-2009, 06:18 AM)Urjin link Wrote: Great idea, this could make us work as a guild a lot better.

But I have a suggestion for those of us who dont play "normal" gaming hours, and thus have problems attending these:
Guild Event Manager.
This is a addon that lets members of the guild shedule events, instances, raids, whatnots ingame, and lets others suscribe (sign up) for it ingame. it even has a function that lets the creator of the "event" select wich classes he/she needs, amount of people of wich class, and so on.
With this addon, we can easily plan practice sessions, boosts, regular instances, raids, and justabout whatever we wish to shedule. Ive even set up classic "nekkid guild runs" with it, the sky is the limit.
I know some of you like to use GuildCalendar, but the author of that addon has decided to drop his project, due to Blizzard's "new" policy on not allowing ingame soliciting. GuildEventManager I think is the best addon for sheduling events thats currently maintained. -but thats my opinion..
If we're to use GEM (GuildEventManager) we should use a separate channel for it. My reasoning for this, is that it will generate less lag for the ones that Don't use it. It can be set to use the default "hidden" guild channel, just like Gatherer and similar addons but that gets sent to each and every member of the guild, not just the ones that need it.
curse link to addon:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addon...nager.aspx
Autors page for addon:
http://www.wowgem.fr/

edit: I pestered Comedian into setting up a channel for it, its called
Private
with password
PASSWORD
-so less spam for the ones not using it. =P

This isn't a bad idea but I'll probably use it to post link to this forum, describing events... It can handle more info without taxing the memory of your client. Smile

And you're better off pestering me for it or at least run it by me.

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Urjin
N00b

03-27-2009, 11:39 AM

Just did a random spur of the moment instance run, and to be honest; thank you for doing this.
tubags
N00b

03-28-2009, 07:07 AM

(03-27-2009, 06:28 AM)dazee link Wrote: Good idea... any day would be find for me ATM...

This works for me too.
BigBadBull
N00b

03-28-2009, 07:54 AM

(03-26-2009, 04:05 PM)shani link Wrote: ... Because the server resets every tuesday on wednesday night, ...
The server resets? Could somebody please explain what this means?
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

03-28-2009, 08:54 AM

(03-28-2009, 07:54 AM)BigBadBull link Wrote: [quote author=shani link=topic=2569.msg73106#msg73106 date=1238101530]... Because the server resets every tuesday on wednesday night, ...
The server resets? Could somebody please explain what this means?

[/quote]Server resets are really only relevant for raiding instances.  Most 5-man dungeons and heroics will simply reset upon organizing a new group, but raid instances are "saved" throughout a couple of days or even the whole week depending on how big the instance is.  What that means is that when you down a boss inside the raid, if you go back in before the reset, the boss and all the associated monsters that you had to clear to get up to it will still be dead.  When the server resets, it puts the raid instance back into the state it was before anyone went in and you get to start all over.
Regon
N00b

04-01-2009, 08:56 AM

I'm for this, but agree with Urjin, we should use the add on Guild Calender as it allows people to book themselves onto events ingame and unlike the WOW ingame calender people don't have to be invited.
It is a simple and easy add on to use also doesn't take up a lot of memory.
On the subject of raids and addons can I suggest everyone gets Omen and big bad boss mod too and healers get healbot.