Hello There, Guest! Register

FNF/TFT - Feedback And Suggestions
Saxxy
BRB, Posting

07-17-2011, 04:35 AM

FNF ideas:

XBox Live Gamertag Night
: Everyone changes their name to stereotypical gamertags (I'll be going as xXx S1l3nt Sc0p3 xXx), and then we head to some baller maps like pl_cashworks (cuz of Micro$oft, get it.  get it?   Sad ), and maybe Science and 5cp_gorge (ya know, like Halo's Blood Gulch Big Grin ).  Also arena_harvest, in reference to http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Harvest.  Ok, so this is basically going to be "make references to/make fun of Halo night".

Backfire is Back Night:  do this in a couple weeks, cp_freight (he requested the non-stock version, dunno what that means or if that's possible), and probably something that's related to backs... and fire... (god this made so much sense an hour ago).  One of them will be ctf_convoy, because that's where I got all my scout unlocks when the scout update dropped.  1 or 2 rounds on Lolcano.  Pick-Up Game on cp_fastlane, cuz scouts run fast (although I'll need an admin for a round restart for this, so it might just be regular.)

Worst Map, Played On Ugliest Server
:  I'm a huge fan of the webcomic Achewood http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07172002, and you should be too.  It would be all maps that I've never played on, but are awesome.  This will require some research.  plr_panic will happen at some point, and probably roswell for bit because people always get trolled on that last point.  RPS on cp_warpath.

The Sopranos: I was about to post, and then "Don't Stop Believing" came on my pandora

uh, spoilers or something, this is literally the only scene I've seen of that series, apparently it is good?

The Sopranos Final Scene

so I figured I'd try to think something up.  First off would be zzzzzzzz i need to think this through sorry Sad

I'd love to run these, dunno what other folks have planned though.  Obviously a work in progress, would appreciate feedback/criticism/deaththreats.
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

07-17-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:The Sopranos: I was about to post, and then "Don't Stop Believing" came on my pandora

So, for this one, we'd play the map 95% of the way through and then have it crash?

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Saxxy
BRB, Posting

07-17-2011, 01:32 PM

(07-17-2011, 08:12 AM)ZargonX link Wrote:
Quote:The Sopranos: I was about to post, and then "Don't Stop Believing" came on my pandora

So, for this one, we'd play the map 95% of the way through and then have it crash?

Yes.

And then argue on the internet about who won after the crash for the next decade.
maxthroatkick
Lurker

08-07-2011, 12:15 AM

Not an idea for a whole night, but maybe a fun game- "projectile fight." non-bullet or melee projectiles only. (such as, but not limited to, Huntsman, Rocket launcher, Flare gun, Grenade Launcher, Sandvich?) I think it would be interesting to see all of the mayhem this would cause.

"Default vs New"- any map, one team has the original default weapons, other team can only use new unlockable weapons. They switch roles after every round (for example red team has default. Red/blu team wins, they switch to a new weapons loadout).

Another idea- do the game type where admin picks 2 people to pick classes. Change that- pick 4 people (2 on each team) Theres 2 classes to pick from, anyone on that team can pick either class the two chosen people on that team pick. Lots of Heavy Medic, Pyro+Huntsman Sniper, etc.

Primary weapons only maybe?

All these are quick shitty ideas, try not to be too critical, I know they're not that great, just helping to get some ideas going in this thread.

[Image: QJkBC.gif]
[Image: JjEfL.gif]
Saxxy
BRB, Posting

08-07-2011, 06:38 PM

(08-07-2011, 12:15 AM)maxthroatkick link Wrote: Not an idea for a whole night, but maybe a fun game- "projectile fight." non-bullet or melee projectiles only. (such as, but not limited to, Huntsman, Rocket launcher, Flare gun, Grenade Launcher, Sandvich?) I think it would be interesting to see all of the mayhem this would cause.

"Default vs New"- any map, one team has the original default weapons, other team can only use new unlockable weapons. They switch roles after every round (for example red team has default. Red/blu team wins, they switch to a new weapons loadout).

Another idea- do the game type where admin picks 2 people to pick classes. Change that- pick 4 people (2 on each team) Theres 2 classes to pick from, anyone on that team can pick either class the two chosen people on that team pick. Lots of Heavy Medic, Pyro+Huntsman Sniper, etc.

I like all three, and actually we've tried that third one, Drunk Liquid ran it many moons ago.  The way it worked was that half of each team was either a one or a two.  Then, Drunk Liquid would say something like "On red, Saxxy is One, TOH is Two.  For Blu, Zaius is One, Throatkick is Two", and then all the ones on red would follow my class pick, all the twos on red would follow TOH's class...  It was kinda hectic, but I think if we had enough regulars than the derping would be minimized and we'd all have fun  Smile

Also, there's a map called cp_pyropaintball where you spawn with two health, and it is supposed to be pyros using flareguns only in this tiny ass map.  I'd only try that if I could temp ban people though, since the map doesn't force you to select the pyro or the flaregun, and one jackass could really ruin it if they kept rejoining after a kick and using the minigun  Sad
maxthroatkick
Lurker

08-08-2011, 02:57 PM

(08-07-2011, 06:38 PM)Saxxy link Wrote: [quote author=maxthroatkick link=topic=27.msg218195#msg218195 date=1312694122]
Not an idea for a whole night, but maybe a fun game- "projectile fight." non-bullet or melee projectiles only. (such as, but not limited to, Huntsman, Rocket launcher, Flare gun, Grenade Launcher, Sandvich?) I think it would be interesting to see all of the mayhem this would cause.

I like all three, and actually we've tried that third one, Drunk Liquid ran it many moons ago.  The way it worked was that half of each team was either a one or a two.  Then, Drunk Liquid would say something like "On red, Saxxy is One, TOH is Two.  For Blu, Zaius is One, Throatkick is Two", and then all the ones on red would follow my class pick, all the twos on red would follow TOH's class...  It was kinda hectic, but I think if we had enough regulars than the derping would be minimized and we'd all have fun  Smile [/quote]

If it worked before, we should try it again. Just next time there is a lot more regulars to try it out. 

Quote:Also, there's a map called cp_pyropaintball where you spawn with two health, and it is supposed to be pyros using flareguns only in this tiny ass map.  I'd only try that if I could temp ban people though, since the map doesn't force you to select the pyro or the flaregun, and one jackass could really ruin it if they kept rejoining after a kick and using the minigun  Sad

Pretty much the same thing. We just need more regulars who knows what they're doing.

[Image: QJkBC.gif]
[Image: JjEfL.gif]
Grimthwacker
Lurker

09-28-2011, 10:23 AM

Say, has anybody suggested a "You Can't Do That In TF2" Night for FNF?  Because if not, I just thought of some great ideas for a setup:

1. Windmill Trainsaw - For years now, people at Barth's have been asking "Who do you think's in the burgers?"  Well, now we have a good idea on how he gets his "beef". . .

2.  Mojave (or other similarly desert-themed Attack/Defend maps) - WAITAMINUTEWAITAMINUTESTOPTHEEXECUTION!!!  RED has to go with Snipers, Heavies and other bullet-based classes/weapons (no explosives, fire or other projectile types allowed!  Mediguns, Jarate & Mad Milk are acceptable) while BLU is free to do whatever it takes to deal with the "Firing Squad".  Readyyyyy. . .  Aaaaiiiiiimmmmm. . .

3.  Reverse map -  It's the introduction to the Opposite Skits (*UGHH!*).  Everybody's encouraged to use the CLASSES, LOADOUTS OR PLAYSTYLES THEY LEAST USE for the duration of the map.  Think of it as a way to broaden your horizons. . .

4.  Arcade-game themed map - When the TF2 mercs aren't busy killing each other they like chilling out at Blip's Arcade. . .  although even then the occasional fight/war breaks out and spills into whatever they're playing at the time.

5.  Probably a write-in/vote for whatever crazy-themed map you can think of, maybe as a Pick-Up-Game.  Something wacky to close out the night.

Persistent rules:
- If anybody says/types in "I don't know", they get slimed slapped around for a few seconds.
- If anybody says or types in "Water", they have to dunk themselves in the nearest body of water or get doused by some kind of liquid by nearby teammates or enemies.

If anyone has any other ideas or objections, lay 'em on me.

[Image: rydiabathsigbig.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2011, 01:35 PM by Grimthwacker.)
AMCZombine
Lurker

09-28-2011, 10:48 AM

(09-28-2011, 10:23 AM)Grimthwacker link Wrote: 3.  Reverse map -  It's the introduction to the Opposite Skits (*UGHH!*).  Everybody's encouraged to use the CLASSES, LOADOUTS OR PLAYSTYLES THEY LEAST USE through the map.  Think of it as a way to broaden your horizons. . .
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

10-23-2011, 08:44 PM

Hey for TFT this week can we play PL_Everest?

Thanks

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Something Swain
Lurker

10-25-2011, 06:02 PM

Why not have everyone wear a pair of old 3-D glasses and enable teamkills? It could be the "BRBU 3-D House of Horror".
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

10-25-2011, 09:27 PM

(10-25-2011, 06:02 PM)Something Swain link Wrote: Why not have everyone wear a pair of old 3-D glasses and enable teamkills? It could be the "BRBU 3-D House of Horror".

Would be fun, but there'll be those people who either can't get ahold of the glasses or wouldn't wear them anyway.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

10-25-2011, 09:39 PM

Double post for importance.

I think we should spend our future TFTs rooting through our current map list and weeding out bad maps/maps that no one will ever play.
It's pretty discouraging to choose customs on nominate when there are 50 random maps I've never heard of and will probably never play, let alone get the server to rtv to.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

11-15-2011, 07:43 AM

(10-25-2011, 09:39 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: Double post for importance.

I think we should spend our future TFTs rooting through our current map list and weeding out bad maps/maps that no one will ever play.
It's pretty discouraging to choose customs on nominate when there are 50 random maps I've never heard of and will probably never play, let alone get the server to rtv to.

Im going to get some cleaning done over thanksgiving probably, Ive been bad about cleaning out TFT maps that were bad as well :x

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

02-01-2012, 09:37 AM

you should let ensign epic host fnf this week
i promise to get especially inebriated

TOH
BRB, Posting

02-01-2012, 10:11 AM

(02-01-2012, 09:37 AM)Ensign Epic link Wrote: you should let ensign epic host fnf this week

Make the topic and go for it, then. Saves me the trouble of finding a host!

Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

02-01-2012, 10:59 AM

(02-01-2012, 10:11 AM)TOH link Wrote: [quote author=Ensign Epic link=topic=27.msg238272#msg238272 date=1328107038]

[/quote]

issue is i lack any sort of admin privs/i suck at that sort of thing when inebriated, wanna cohost

TOH
BRB, Posting

02-01-2012, 11:15 AM

(02-01-2012, 10:59 AM)Ensign Epic link Wrote: [quote author=TOH link=topic=27.msg238278#msg238278 date=1328109066]
[quote author=Ensign Epic link=topic=27.msg238272#msg238272 date=1328107038]

[/quote]

issue is i lack any sort of admin privs/i suck at that sort of thing when inebriated, wanna cohost
[/quote]

Yeah, I can help with admin. Just type what you want me to do in chat during the night.

SAVAGE-0
BRB, Posting

03-11-2012, 12:46 PM

would be nice if they released source for this... http://www.mechatheslag.net/portfolio/tf2-bomberman/

trust me... I'm a 2L