Hello There, Guest! Register

Ragequitter Rage
Thread Closed 
Kenny Strife
Lurker

05-13-2009, 04:53 PM

I remember when ragequitting was rare.  It became more and more common, but you could still depend on a decent match.  People only ragequit when they died in terribly embarrassing ways, or right before they lost, or when they died in the finale.

Now people ragequit when you get decent pounce damage on them, or when their team's tank dies, or when they don't immediately take a huge lead over you.  Now you can't usually get through more than two maps against the same team or, hell, with most of your team intact.

I know I can't be the only one with serious raaaaage about ragequitting.  Share your anger, your stories, your ideas.

Personally, I wish that the game counted every disconnect that happened immediately after character death or upon losing the lead, and when you come enough Douchebag points they gave you a special Unachievement badge or something on your profile, so that everyone knew that you're a ragequitting pansy and the second things get tough your team can depend on you to run off screaming like a two-year-old.

Tongue

[Image: nicetochildren.jpg]
Blues
BRB, Posting

05-13-2009, 08:40 PM

I play games as Pokemon Trainer Blues, and spam Pokemon music from the TV show every time a major event (Hunter pounce, Boomer bile, Tank, Witch) happens. I also scream that friendship and caring win the battle every time, and, when I'm knocked down by a horde, scream "THE BEEDRILLS ARE COMING, SAVE YOURSELVES" and spam the Beedrill music from the TV show.

Forte, aka Pokemon Trainer Red, often joins me, and does the same thing, throwing in random screaming/OHNOOO/UHOH binds that we have, and occasionally, we opt for fullout rage and spam 10 minute clips of little children screaming "CAN YOU HEAR ME? HAAAAY, CAN YOU HEAR ME?!?" We'll also throw the tank off buildings, purposefully blow boomer puke on teammates, jump of ledges as survivors, and generally are complete asshats, depending on our mood.

YOU GUYS ARE DICKS, you're thinking, but the real problem here is:

Most of the time, the other team ragequits before ours does.

[Image: bluelunk.png]
FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[glow=blue,2,300]WOMBO COMBO[/glow]
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
rumsfald

05-13-2009, 09:02 PM

True story.

First week that L4D comes out, I'm playing co-op on expert with 2 of my non-brbu friends. A brbu (who will be nameless in this story) joins to be the 4th. He/She plays 1 round and we get wiped, and she/he calls a vote to change the difficulty to normal. As soon as the vote fails 1/4, the brbu person ragequits.

Seven months later, I still catch shit from my non-brbu friends over the pussy-ass ragequit by one who walks among us.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-13-2009, 09:07 PM

The only reason I played L4D, was to make the other team rage-quit, but I think the pickings are slim, hard to get shitty teams on the other end anymore Sad

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Blues
BRB, Posting

05-14-2009, 12:46 AM

You'd be surprised how easily people are taken down by two Pokemon Masters!

I'm not even fucking kidding, it's pathetic when we spend half the match typing shit about sending out Pokemon and winning gym badges, dick around like no ones business, and still somehow win as either team.

FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

05-14-2009, 12:58 AM

I live to make the other team ragequit. I usually play to see how fast I can get the whole team to ragequit. When I get around to playing anyways.

Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

05-14-2009, 01:10 AM

This reminds me of when LVL15GAMER was famous for being a shitty player on a youtube video.
It seems he ragequitted life. I haven't seem him around here for a while

LV15GAMER
Lurker

05-14-2009, 02:00 AM

(05-14-2009, 01:10 AM)Vongore link Wrote: This reminds me of when LVL15GAMER was famous for being a shitty player on a youtube video.
It seems he ragequitted life. I haven't seem him around here for a while

college finals :|

yea for some reason that team wanted to go down the skylight. I learned why NOBODY does that. Also, even when I was a pinata I didnt ragequit that game. It takes alot to get me to ragequit, most of the time I'll end up trying new things or crazy things if my team is behind.
Blues
BRB, Posting

05-14-2009, 03:24 AM

I played with a guy named LVL5 earlier tonight.

He liked Pokemon music.

FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
SAVAGE-0
BRB, Posting

05-14-2009, 08:00 AM

Blues I think I'd like to join your operation..  Sounds fun. Can't say I know much about Pokemon, other than when it was the big fad, I had about 20 Trainer Bill cards because every one of my friends that played had about 50 of them Smile

On topic: I don't mind having opposing teams rage, So long as it fills back up (which is pretty hit or miss it seems).  Last night I played a good match through 2 lvls, both teams wiped mid way through each time.  We were all quite coordinated with our attacks... we made it to the end the 3rd map, and boom all 4 rage.  Got a full new team and they were pretty good too, so I guess it doesnt really matter, as long as people keep joining games midway through.

trust me... I'm a 2L
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-14-2009, 08:25 AM

(05-14-2009, 08:00 AM)SAVAGE-0 link Wrote: as long as people keep joining games midway through.

Yea, they have the algorithm for player placement completely fucked up, it filled those with 3/4 on a team first, so if one person rage quits, you can get a new person usually fairly easily.

If all 3 or 4 quit, well you might be SOL because those take the lowest priority

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

05-14-2009, 06:05 PM

So I remember this one time I was playing with a group from BRBU
Someone leaves to take a shit
My friend joins
Apparently the other team tells him to leave
He's about to get votekicked
He kills himself
<3 Flashspeed

g-rad
Lurker

06-01-2009, 06:44 PM

Rage quitting is pandemic. It has taken a noticeable trend in an unpleasant direction. I have been addicted to Left 4 Dead for essentially since it's release. In the beginning rage quitting was not as prevalent as is is right now, although saying it was never a problem is a down right lie. I theorize that rage quitting is also a suitable representation of modern culture, in what is, and is not acceptable. If you notice all the people whom rage quit, there is no remorse, and there is no consideration. We live increasingly sedentary life styles, and people do not want to try and be entertained. People only wish to be spoon fed entertainment. Since there is no "face" to see, there is no guilt to attach to rage quitting. Only he (the rage quitter) exists in his only little world. When you combine these two facets of what people do, then you have the scourge of left 4 dead: rage quitting. People play Left 4 Dead, which is a team game, as individuals.
      Thusly whenever they encounter a group, functioning in such a way that they take team work to overcome, it results in them rage quitting. Why adjust my strategy to fight against these people, and have a good time with them, when I can simply quit and find a team to fight on par with my disposition and the mental constraints it imposes on me? This is the very essence of rage quitting as far as I see. Rage quitting only becomes more acceptable as time goes on as well, as more and more people are doing it. The only way to combat rage quitting is if Valve were to introduce a status mechanism, which the game is tiered. People with a certain ranking, play with a certain tier, and quitting would result in a ranking penalty. The rage quitting disease has deteriorated the group of Left 4 Dead players to the extent that rage quitting is acceptable for a plethora of reasons. "I did not start as infects; RAGE!. All four people made it to the safe room on the first match, and I have yet to play survivors; RAGE!. We did not obliterate the other team; RAGE!"
      I see the end of campaigns less and less as time passes on. This troubles me greatly, as a great game finally comes out, and people ruin it. Raging vs. trolls, Pokemon Trainer Blues, is acceptable. Though I have been guilty of trolling on occasion, for great pleasure, others quit. But is not the point of trolling to piss people off?

Sometimes I'm here, but normally I'm involved with school or something... A bit of a L4D2 addict.
Valentine Wiggin
Lurker

06-03-2009, 10:39 PM

i rage quit tonight playing with some people from here but it was because people were being mean and one dude on our team kept running out as soon as the round started and getting killed.  first brb l4d experience was a fail
Sponson
BRB, Posting

06-03-2009, 10:44 PM

(06-03-2009, 10:39 PM)Valentine Wiggin link Wrote: i rage quit tonight playing with some people from here but it was because people were being mean and one dude on our team kept running out as soon as the round started and getting killed.  first brb l4d experience was a fail

Was there.
No one listened, people grief ran.

GG guys, seriously, that blew harder than [Name Redacted]'s bigot insults.
Mood = destroyed.

[Image: unled1wl.png]
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

06-03-2009, 10:44 PM

names?

Sponson
BRB, Posting

06-03-2009, 10:48 PM

(06-03-2009, 10:44 PM)Vongore link Wrote: names?

I'm not that much of a bastard.
But I will tell you apparently I am a "fat faggot", he does not "hug fatasses like [me]", and I am piece of shit for playing music when nobody else gave a shit, and generally ruined the whole mood by death racing the whole time, ruining survivor and infected experience, started to insult zaneyard when he tried to reason with him/defend me, and was generally a condensending player who brought his girlfriend in as well.

Clever clever insults, but ultimately pretty bad. I'm not mad about the insults, I'm mad that he ruined 6 other people's night of l4d.

[Image: unled1wl.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2009, 10:56 PM by Sponson.)
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

06-03-2009, 11:03 PM

If someone was being such a tremendous dick, why not kick/tempban them?

zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

06-03-2009, 11:08 PM

(06-03-2009, 11:03 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: If someone was being such a tremendous dick, why not kick/tempban them?
im not quite sure
i guess i could have, but i dont think it was getting to that point

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

06-03-2009, 11:14 PM

(06-03-2009, 10:48 PM)Sponson link Wrote: I'm not that much of a bastard.
But I will tell you apparently I am a "fat faggot", he does not "hug fatasses like [me]", and I am piece of shit for playing music when nobody else gave a shit, and generally ruined the whole mood by death racing the whole time, ruining survivor and infected experience, started to insult zaneyard when he tried to reason with him/defend me, and was generally a condensending player who brought his girlfriend in as well.

Clever clever insults, but ultimately pretty bad. I'm not mad about the insults, I'm mad that he ruined 6 other people's night of l4d.

(06-03-2009, 11:08 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Mission Difficult link=topic=2864.msg88047#msg88047 date=1244088213]
If someone was being such a tremendous dick, why not kick/tempban them?
im not quite sure
i guess i could have, but i dont think it was getting to that point

[/quote]
Sounds like  it was pretty bad...

Thread Closed