JAMES'S SPY UPDATE MEGATHREAD
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

05-15-2009, 03:59 PM

http://www.teamfortress.com/spyupdate/

Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

05-15-2009, 04:01 PM

Epic. Love the feign death idea! The Cloak and Dagger seems a bit overpowered, but I'm to happy with Valve to complain. Well done good sirs!

Ianki
Pedo^H^H Appreciator of the Youth

05-15-2009, 04:03 PM

this is certainly a surprise.
backfire
Uninstalling

05-15-2009, 04:05 PM

So is that sniper update coming out too?

Also...
[Image: Capture.PNG]

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2009, 04:13 PM by backfire.)
Maxon
BRB, Posting

05-15-2009, 04:07 PM

They got balls doing a doing a double update like this.  Touche, Valve, touche lol

Both sound pretty interesting, though I'm unsure of how beneficial the Cloak and Dagger watch is.  It will nice to stay invisible if your being chased, but you can't really escape with it very well if say a pyro is right behind you, spraying about, since I'm sure it drains faster than the previous one which is the trade-off.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

05-15-2009, 04:10 PM

they said before they wanted to do the updates in pairs since having 8 spys or snipers on a team would be retarded

although 8 spies AND snipers is still pretty dumb

Kenny Strife
Lurker

05-15-2009, 04:12 PM

(05-15-2009, 04:07 PM)Maxon link Wrote: They got balls doing a doing a double update like this.  Touche, Valve, touche lol

Both sound pretty interesting, though I'm unsure of how beneficial the Cloak and Dagger watch is.  It will nice to stay invisible if your being chased, but you can't really escape with it very well if say a pyro is right behind you, spraying about, since I'm sure it drains faster than the previous one which is the trade-off.

It might not be a double update.  After all... the Huntsman and Razorback seemed pretty rage inducing in our sniper players.  Could have been meant to do so, especially if they're fakes.

At any rate, if the Cloak and Dagger has the same drain rate and regeneration rate of the regular cloak then it should be alright.  A little slow for the spy that prefers to be invisible all the time, but alright.

[Image: nicetochildren.jpg]
Versus

05-15-2009, 04:14 PM

sniper updates don't induce rage to me Tongue

also C&D seems like a total upgrade, because they didn't say anything about changing its duration, unlike how they described the dead ringer.

Chief
BRB, Posting

05-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Also, Pyro is a girl.
[Image: ohshi.png]

fyre
BRB, Posting

05-15-2009, 04:18 PM

This seems like a good time to be a pyro...snipers and spies, look out.

Edit: ^^ Didn't see that before I posted. But ;D ;D ;D
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2009, 04:20 PM by fyre.)
Kenny Strife
Lurker

05-15-2009, 04:18 PM

(05-15-2009, 04:14 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: sniper updates don't induce rage to me Tongue

also C&D seems like a total upgrade, because they didn't say anything about changing its duration, unlike how they described the dead ringer.

Alright, then, some sniper players.   Big Grin

The Huntsman and Razorback would really change the playstyle of the sniper if they turn out to be real.  If not, then I predict a lot of sniper raaaaaage throughout the interwebnet tubey thing.

Also, seen it, but I didn't screencap.   :'(

[Image: nicetochildren.jpg]
Loqutus
Lurker

05-15-2009, 04:19 PM

While I am beyond excited for the Spy update, these watches are ones I know I'm never going to use.

I loathe the idea of running, standing still, running, standing still, just to be permanently invisible. The idea behind the spy is to destroy buildings and key targets, not to hang around cloaked all day doing NOTHING.

And unless the Dead Ringer also grants invincibility for a second or two after being "killed," it will only encourage enemy Pyros to flail around looking for the real you after the fake you has died. And, if I'm reading it right, you can't cloak on command with the Dead Ringer equipped. Only when you get hit.

No thanks.

I'm looking forward to the Revolver update. I can't see any feasible Butterfly Knife replacement that would be better than the current one.

Surprise me, Valve.

Bulletproof.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2009, 04:21 PM by Loqutus.)
Maxon
BRB, Posting

05-15-2009, 04:20 PM

(05-15-2009, 04:12 PM)Kenny Strife link Wrote: It might not be a double update.  After all... the Huntsman and Razorback seemed pretty rage inducing in our sniper players.  Could have been meant to do so, especially if they're fakes.

At any rate, if the Cloak and Dagger has the same drain rate and regeneration rate of the regular cloak then it should be alright.  A little slow for the spy that prefers to be invisible all the time, but alright.

It'll be a double release.  No contesting it.  The Sniper update is still there and now with the Spy, it's easy to see it'll be both.  I figure they've heard of people complaining of one class getting swamped with every update, so why not counter it with the Snipers natural counter, the Spy.  Makes alot of sense and the Sniper gear isn't that rage inducing, though people will rage about any changes done to the game.

And the Cloak and Dagger will most likely have a faster drain.  Every weapon has a trade off and if it was just the regular cloak, but infinite stand cloak, that's a full upgrade with no trade off.  I assume to counter the drain, maybe it charges abit faster or cloaks quicker, I don't know.

*EDIT*
And they already changed the TF2 post about the Pyro.  Either they are trying to see with how much sneakiness they can get away with for this update or the Spy sapped the blogged post.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
fyre
BRB, Posting

05-15-2009, 04:23 PM

Spy shit seems cool enough. I love that "catalog". That's brilliant.
Loqutus
Lurker

05-15-2009, 04:23 PM

(05-15-2009, 04:20 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=Kenny Strife link=topic=2877.msg82913#msg82913 date=1242421924]It might not be a double update.  After all... the Huntsman and Razorback seemed pretty rage inducing in our sniper players.  Could have been meant to do so, especially if they're fakes.

At any rate, if the Cloak and Dagger has the same drain rate and regeneration rate of the regular cloak then it should be alright.  A little slow for the spy that prefers to be invisible all the time, but alright.

It'll be a double release.  No contesting it.  The Sniper update is still there and now with the Spy, it's easy to see it'll be both.  I figure they've heard of people complaining of one class getting swamped with every update, so why not counter it with the Snipers natural counter, the Spy.  Makes alot of sense and the Sniper gear isn't that rage inducing, though people will rage about any changes done to the game.

And the Cloak and Dagger will most likely have a faster drain.  Every weapon has a trade off and if it was just the regular cloak, but infinite stand cloak, that's a full upgrade with no trade off.  I assume to counter the drain, maybe it charges abit faster or cloaks quicker, I don't know.

*EDIT*
And they already changed the TF2 post about the Pyro.  Either they are trying to see with how much sneakiness they can get away with for this update or the Spy sapped the blogged post.
[/quote]

You can't collect metal to refuel cloak with the Cloak and Dagger. Therefore, it is inferior to the standard watch, as I can both run away from my enemies AND refill my cloak with the current watch. The C&D allows me to stand still and be invisible, and then die to a spy checking pyro/soldier/engi/anything.

Bulletproof.
Versus

05-15-2009, 04:24 PM

or you guys are playing into valve's hands

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

05-15-2009, 04:28 PM

...damnit...God hates me.

fyre
BRB, Posting

05-15-2009, 04:29 PM

I want the Cloak and Gloves soooo bad.

Wait...picking up metal refuels your cloak? Who knew... :-\
Ianki
Pedo^H^H Appreciator of the Youth

05-15-2009, 04:31 PM

(05-15-2009, 04:17 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: Also, Pyro is a girl.
[Image: ohshi.png]

haha for the record, i do believe they were being sarcastic when they called the pyro a she seeing as the steam forums pubs can't shut up about it but soon realized that they would then make things much much worse since those suffering from borderline autism can rarely understand a joke.
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

05-15-2009, 04:32 PM

I heartily approve of a double update. 

How well it turns out, we'll see later...

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here