Hello There, Guest! Register

Next set of unlocks
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

05-19-2008, 09:25 AM

So I'm really bored at an on site right now and have been musing as to what class is going to get unlocks next ans what they're going to be. I would hope that they would release two at once this time around, but I doubt that will happen for a number of reasons.

Right now my guess is pyro for no particular reason.

I was thinking the ax would get a similar treatment to the bone saw. The shotgun is something I'm not too sure about because several other classes have it. Maybe class specific rounds (i.e. Incendiary rounds for pyro)? As for the flame thrower, I was thinking of maybe a different fuel that does more attrition damage but doesn't crit.

What do you guys think is next?

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-19-2008, 09:37 AM

I am guessing it will be one of [ Spy | Scout | Heavy | Pyro ] in that order, mostly because they're now the least played classes by a significant margin. The first time around Valve said they were trying to encourage more medic-play, I'm guessing they'll continue.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
sarcasticsteve
BRB, Posting

05-19-2008, 09:40 AM

Perhaps a flamthrower upgrade that allows greater range but loses critical hits.  I was also thinking that he (she?) might get some form of long distance weapon.  The shotgun is nice but it is really a short range weapon at the end of the day.  It is meant for a quick shot when you are rushing in and are low on flame fuel, or when you are retreating.  The pyro could have something like napalm though, something he could toss and cause a little mayhem with, without putting himself in harm's way

[Image: style3,Sarcastic-spc-Steve.png]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-19-2008, 10:34 AM

I think the spy will likely be next

Revolver -> Tranq Gun - doesnt crit, low damage, but you move 1/4 speed and have drugged vision

Sapper -> SG Sapper - +50% kill speed on SGs, -50% kill speed on anything else

Sapper -> Speed Booster - unable to sap anything, but walking speed is slightly faster than medics

Sapper -> Cloak Booster - unable to sap anything, but cloaking/decloaking is faster and regen is also faster

Knife -> Throwing Knives - Back hit = 50% of health, takes 2 from behind to kill someone

Knife -> Throat Slitter - no backstabs, frontstabs only

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

05-19-2008, 01:46 PM

I am really curious to know how they will make new wepons for other classes. I think it was quite easy for medic because they have to fill the ubercharge, and their secondary weapon has a very unique effect (healing and ubercharge!).
5 out of 9 classes use a shotgun (scouts, soldiers, pyros, heavies and engineers), two of them being their main weapon, and I wonder how they will make a new weapon for that. Of course it can be a different weapon for each classes, but it has to have something similar to the shotgun. It may be easy to think of something for the pyro, since it has to be fire-related, but the other classes can't have similar changes.

I guess the next ones will be pyro/spy, in that order

Caff, I dissapprove your frontstab idea: spies already get too many of these, but your tranquiliser gun is a great idea, defenitely.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

05-19-2008, 02:32 PM

How about for the next update they concentrate on eliminating frontstabs?

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-19-2008, 03:09 PM

(05-19-2008, 01:46 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: I am really curious to know how they will make new wepons for other classes. I think it was quite easy for medic because they have to fill the ubercharge, and their secondary weapon has a very unique effect (healing and ubercharge!).
5 out of 9 classes use a shotgun (scouts, soldiers, pyros, heavies and engineers), two of them being their main weapon, and I wonder how they will make a new weapon for that. Of course it can be a different weapon for each classes, but it has to have something similar to the shotgun. It may be easy to think of something for the pyro, since it has to be fire-related, but the other classes can't have similar changes.

I guess the next ones will be pyro/spy, in that order

Caff, I dissapprove your frontstab idea: spies already get too many of these, but your tranquiliser gun is a great idea, defenitely.

I wasnt being too serious with the knife substitutes, the sapper ones I see as being a possibility, you give up the ability to take out engineer gear for the ability to backstab more easily.

The tranq gun is straight out of TFC, if we do FF for a mod night you'll see what it should be like in TF2, you get a very narrow tunnel vision if you get hit by it.

Sig by Joel
JazX
N00b

05-19-2008, 04:29 PM

Sounds like pyro may be next: http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.a...tf2-update
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-19-2008, 04:32 PM

(05-19-2008, 04:29 PM)JazX link Wrote: Sounds like pyro may be next: http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.a...tf2-update

Oh boy, gonna be a fun time to be a spy

Sig by Joel
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

05-19-2008, 04:49 PM

Hey, the pyro can use some good buffs!

Mmmphh mmm mpph!

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

05-19-2008, 05:17 PM

I'd be interested in seeing a flamethrower that's weaker, but also acts as a weak medigun for teammates.  It doesn't heal very much, but it puts out flames fast.

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-19-2008, 05:43 PM

I'd like to see them fix the hit detection on the backstabs and the flamethrower before they do anything else. For the spy, it'd be cool if he got a cloak that maybe only lasted 5 seconds instead of 10, but while you were standing still your cloak doesnt run out. Also, I hear that the Sapper will *not* be one of the Spy's uprgradeable weapons.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

05-19-2008, 06:14 PM

I thought I heard that Scouts were going to be next.  Guess I am wrong though...
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

05-19-2008, 07:13 PM

It'd be interesting if the Pyro got something that allowed them to actually set an area on fire briefly, to create a temporary wall of flame, as it were.  Would be an interesting defensive tool...

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-19-2008, 08:02 PM

(05-19-2008, 07:13 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: It'd be interesting if the Pyro got something that allowed them to actually set an area on fire briefly, to create a temporary wall of flame, as it were.  Would be an interesting defensive tool...

Had that in TFC, maybe a return of the napalm nades, perhaps in launcher forum as a replacement for the flamethrower or shotgun

Sig by Joel
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

05-19-2008, 08:05 PM

I'm more curious about what set of retarded requirements they're going to come up with this time.  Unlike a medic, the Pyro doesn't exactly have the greatest variety of things they can do in a game.  I hope they'll eventually just unlock the weapons for older releases to everyone in time too...

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

05-19-2008, 09:33 PM

I figure there will be some requirements involving:
-setting a certain number of spies on fire
-setting a bunch of people on fire in one life
-setting a bunch of people on fire without killing them
-axing a bunch of people
-killing other pyros with the flame thrower
-maybe killing a certain number of sentries

Budr

05-20-2008, 07:20 AM

(05-19-2008, 02:32 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: How about for the next update they concentrate on eliminating frontstabs?

People who continually bitch about this clearly do not play spy. The hit detection is terrible but the occasional facestabs are vastly outnumbered by backstabs that don't land.
Kor
Crits = Skill

05-20-2008, 07:39 AM

(05-19-2008, 09:33 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: I figure there will be some requirements involving:
-setting a certain number of spies on fire
-setting a bunch of people on fire in one life
-setting a bunch of people on fire without killing them
-axing a bunch of people
-killing other pyros with the flame thrower
-maybe killing a certain number of sentries

They better make one about the axe taunt while ubered.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

05-20-2008, 07:56 AM

(05-20-2008, 07:39 AM)Kor link Wrote: They better make one about the axe taunt while ubered.

Star Power? Overdrive? ^_^

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2008, 08:42 AM by ScottyGrayskull.)