Hello There, Guest! Register

PVP fits for war fleet
lsd
N00b

10-02-2009, 09:51 PM

Ok this post will be updated as needed

Basic defensive load outs

For the war the alliance is asking that all members be able to fight.  In order to make every member as effective as possible here are two frigate load outs that should be trainable from no skill in less than a day.

The basic idea behind these frigates is not to be the main killers of the fleet, but in order to act as scouts and tacklers keeping the enemy on edge through fear of tackle.

The basic premise behind tackling is to get close enough to the enemy in order to keep then enemy from warping by targeting and activating warp disruption modules and to slow the enemy down with webifiers.  By pinning the enemy down during fleet engagements it allows other alliance members to bring larger ship in and lay down dps.

Also please note these fits can be put into eft by copying from where it says the name in brackets down to the empty rig slots.

Do not worry about losing these ships, they will be financed through the alliance in order to win the war.  If you lose a lot of these check your strategy you are doing something wrong, but these are only frigates, your most valuable skill is to bring the enemy to a halt.

[Rifter, fleet tackler]
Small Armor Repairer I
100mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Co-Processor I

Warp Scrambler I
Patterned Stasis Web I
Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters

200mm AutoCannon I, EMP S
'Malkuth' Rocket Launcher I, Gremlin Rocket

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

for the rifter setup it is important to fit the build and see if you can drop the Co-Processor I for any mod that can make you more effective, but the processor may be required for pilots who do not regularly fly pvp frigates.

[tristan, fleet tackler]
Small Armor Repairer I
50mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Co-Processor I

Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
Warp Scrambler I
Stasis Webifier I

'Malkuth' Standard Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile
'Malkuth' Standard Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile
Light Electron Blaster I, Antimatter Charge S
Light Electron Blaster I, Antimatter Charge S

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

same concept as the rifter drop the processor if you can.  get in range and tackle targets so dps ships can arrive and bring the pain.

These ships need to be flown with insurance, that way we get some isk back to buy minerals in order to do it again.

Questions can be posted here or ask in game.
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

10-02-2009, 10:31 PM

thanks tom

unless you can run the reppers stable, it would be better to try to speed tank
idk how long it would take to train for that sort of thing, but i think it would be more effective than using up your cap on a few rep cycles (if you get hit in a frig your pretty much screwed?)

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2009, 01:52 AM by zaneyard.)
zaneyard

10-03-2009, 01:10 AM

[Thorax, PVP]
800mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Beta Reactor Control: Reaction Control I
Beta Reactor Control: Diagnostic System I
Beta Reactor Control: Diagnostic System I

Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
10MN MicroWarpdrive I

Limited Electron Blaster I, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Hammerhead I x4
Hammerhead I x1

this is after some research, i guess this fit kicks ass

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2009, 01:44 AM by zaneyard.)
zaneyard

10-03-2009, 02:02 AM

Here's a fit for a Tristan I would recommend using

[tristan, Cheap, easy, speedtank tackle]
Inertia Stabilizers I
Overdrive Injector System I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I

Warp Scrambler I
Stasis Webifier I
1MN Afterburner I

Light Ion Blaster I, Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster I, Antimatter Charge S
Rocket Launcher I, Gremlin Rocket
Rocket Launcher I, Gremlin Rocket

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

this fit runs you stable at 800 m/s with little skills
the idea is that instead of being able to take the hits, you will not get hit. keep yourself orbiting as close as you can, you will most likely not get hit
i don't think light drones can even catch you, though you are very vulnerable to webs and nos's, as all tackling ships are.

also, if you can fit higher tech mods, do it

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2009, 02:07 AM by zaneyard.)
lsd
N00b

10-03-2009, 12:00 PM

Pretty much no frig can handle a small repper stable

the reason for having it is to allow pilots to recover after a fight without the need to find a person with remote repair or docking.  The gain from speed mods at low level will also be minimal and there is some allowed flexibility with these fits as low as the ab/mwd + web + scram set up is maintained it doesn't really matter, these are just a starting point for players who don't normally do this
lsd
N00b

10-03-2009, 12:03 PM

Also for players who have no skill in this train into the rifter, its just better like that
Darina Smirayne
N00b

10-05-2009, 02:06 PM

Just a quick note... rigs are now very cheap for frigates and should give just enough of an edge over a non-rigged ship.

For the rifter, try one each of these:
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I - more dps
Small Projectile Burst Aerator I - more rate of fire = more dps
Small Projectile Ambit Extension I - more falloff = better range

Similar hybrid versions for the tristan.

Remember that they affect the powergrid needs of the turrets, so if you are low on powergrid on your ship then you might want to forget about rigging your ship until you have good weapon rigging and good engineering skills.

Cheers,
Darina
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

10-05-2009, 04:13 PM

I'd use an Atron over a Tristan for tackling, it's definitely faster.  As for cheapfleet tactics, I prefer an ECM Maulus.

zaneyard

10-05-2009, 05:23 PM

tristan has a good damage output though Smile

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Duck, Duck, Goose

10-05-2009, 05:43 PM

http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/2307...stard.html

Someone buy me a subscription again. Sad
zaneyard

10-05-2009, 06:42 PM

(10-05-2009, 05:43 PM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/2307...stard.html

looks like a horrible fit

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Duck, Duck, Goose

10-07-2009, 10:53 AM

(10-05-2009, 06:42 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=3689.msg116578#msg116578 date=1254782624]

[/quote]ORLY? You've never seen it at work. Takes some mad skillz to pull off, but I'm known to get lucky.
zaneyard

10-07-2009, 12:54 PM

(10-07-2009, 10:53 AM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3689.msg116604#msg116604 date=1254786161]
[quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=3689.msg116578#msg116578 date=1254782624]

[/quote]ORLY? You've never seen it at work. Takes some mad skillz to pull off, but I'm known to get lucky.
[/quote]
but salvagers?
at least get some NOS or something in case you need cap...

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Duck, Duck, Goose

10-07-2009, 02:08 PM

(10-07-2009, 12:54 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=3689.msg116876#msg116876 date=1254930799]
[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3689.msg116604#msg116604 date=1254786161]
[quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=3689.msg116578#msg116578 date=1254782624]

[/quote]
but salvagers?
at least get some NOS or something in case you need cap...
[/quote]
Well, I usually do run a NOS, because 3 Salvagers still rakes in money like no one's business.  Tongue
zaneyard

10-07-2009, 02:24 PM

yeah, but i guess that makes sense
but would be more effective in larger battles

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
lsd
N00b

10-07-2009, 04:55 PM

Yeah I can see that fit for a extremely large fleet vs. extremely large fleet, but that not how the war is running, most of the time they simply pick off lone ships.
zaneyard

10-07-2009, 05:02 PM

i can set up a catty DPS fit if anyone wants one

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Darina Smirayne
N00b

10-07-2009, 05:23 PM

Lay on some catalyst and thorax fits for DPS... I rarely keep a ship alive for more than 20 seconds after I start firing weapons, so anything you've got might give me a clue! Smile

Anyone got a good *TOUGH* brutix PVP fit?
zaneyard

10-07-2009, 05:25 PM

well my brutix mission fit is pretty fuckin invincible
switch rails out for blasters and it's a tank. unfortunately it doesn't move much either :S

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2009, 05:28 PM by zaneyard.)
zaneyard

10-07-2009, 05:26 PM

[Thorax, PVP]
Reactor Control Unit II
Power Diagnostic System II
Damage Control II

Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
10MN MicroWarpdrive II

Heavy Electron Blaster II, Void M

Hammerhead II x5

Obviously you can adapt it for what you can use.
Try to fit bigger plates if you can as well.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2009, 05:29 PM by zaneyard.)