Hello There, Guest! Register

Left 4 Dead 2 public demo delayed 24 hours
Turtle
Justin Bieber

11-03-2009, 07:49 PM

(11-03-2009, 07:31 PM)Karth is Ego Tripping link Wrote: Also, original survivors > new survivors
You've heard 2/5 of a Campaign of the new survivors dialouge

You've heard about 5 different campaigns of the old characters dialouge

Don't compare a demo to a real game with a DLC

Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-03-2009, 07:53 PM

To me, this is what L4D1 should've been.  If they would've just held off for a good half a year for release, add in these weapons, zombies, and more maps/campaigns, with the original maps having better stuff to them, L4D1 would have just been phenomenal I think.  I do agree that buying this as a full priced game is kinda tough and probably the one thing keeping me from jumping on buying it right now.

(11-03-2009, 07:41 PM)Vongore link Wrote: Enough Racism. what does the new infected do?

The Jockeys are like hunters, but instead of being open to attack, they take control of the survivors somewhat and can move them toward zombies.

The Spitter is like the boomer, but shoots out acid that can be almost like a strategic trap, blocking a path since you get hurt while in it.  Combine this with a jocky and you could be pretty mean.  Leaves a pool of acid where it dies.

The Charger is like a mini tank.  Not as strong, but he can suddenly charge at great speeds, smashing folks over and then grab a survivor and smash them into the ground.

Then there are the normal zombies such as the Riot Cop who wear armor from head to toe, but have a weak backside and can be hit back with melee strikes.  The other tough zombies aren't shown in this demo, but there are the biohazard ones that are fireproof, clowns that attract zombies...and I thought there was one other, but I could be wrong.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2009, 07:59 PM by Maxon.)
Turtle
Justin Bieber

11-03-2009, 08:01 PM

(11-03-2009, 07:53 PM)Maxon link Wrote: To me, this is what L4D1 should've been.  If they would've just held off for a good half a year for release, add in these weapons, zombies, and more maps/campaigns, with the original maps having better stuff to them, L4D1 would have just been phenomenal I think.  I do agree that buying this as a full priced game is kinda tough and probably the one thing keeping me from jumping on buying it right now.

[quote author=Vongore link=topic=3819.msg120993#msg120993 date=1257295264]
Enough Racism. what does the new infected do?

The Jockeys are like hunters, but instead of being open to attack, they take control of the survivors somewhat and can move them toward zombies.

The Spitter is like the boomer, but shoots out acid that can be almost like a strategic trap, blocking a path since you get hurt while in it.  Combine this with a jocky and you could be pretty mean.  Leaves a pool of acid where it dies.

The Charger is like a mini tank.  Not as strong, but he can suddenly charge at great speeds, smashing folks over and then grab a survivor and smash them into the ground.

Then there are the normal zombies such as the Riot Cop who wear armor from head to toe, but have a weak backside and can be hit back with melee strikes.  The other tough zombies aren't shown in this demo, but there are the biohazard ones that are fireproof, clowns that attract zombies...and I thought there was one other, but I could be wrong.
[/quote]
Mudmen, i think if they hit you it slows you down, even if nothings grabbing you

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

11-03-2009, 08:11 PM

(11-03-2009, 07:53 PM)Maxon link Wrote: To me, this is what L4D1 should've been.  If they would've just held off for a good half a year for release, add in these weapons, zombies, and more maps/campaigns, with the original maps having better stuff to them, L4D1 would have just been phenomenal I think.  I do agree that buying this as a full priced game is kinda tough and probably the one thing keeping me from jumping on buying it right now.

[quote author=Vongore link=topic=3819.msg120993#msg120993 date=1257295264]
Enough Racism. what does the new infected do?

[/quote]

Well keep in mind they have a 4-pack deal like with Borderlands here, so you can get the game $33ish or whatever.  I'm gonna go check out the demo now anyways.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-03-2009, 08:15 PM

(11-03-2009, 08:11 PM)Wedge link Wrote: Well keep in mind they have a 4-pack deal like with Borderlands here, so you can get the game $33ish or whatever.  I'm gonna go check out the demo now anyways.

That is nice, but don't think I have anyone to go in with and I'm still unsure of purchasing since funds are alittle iffy.

Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

11-03-2009, 09:44 PM

Well, just played the demo single player, here's what I got to say.  The game looks nicer, and has some shiny new effects added on top, melee is interesting but not particularly OMG.  The new setting and characters are a nice change of pace and I do enjoy the cajun flavor on just about everything.  The gauntlet event seems fun, and is a good counter to camping strategies.  However, I really don't see how any of this justifies a completely new game.  There's nothing groundbreaking, nothing particularly omg this is defiantly not a custom, re skinned l4d.  If the story was particularly deep, then I might understand, but it isn't, it always plays second fiddle to gameplay is this series and as such this is really nothing more than a glorified expansion pack.  I'll probably buy it eventually, but when it's closer to the $20-$30 price range.
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

11-03-2009, 09:50 PM

(11-03-2009, 09:44 PM)Greatbacon link Wrote: this is really nothing more than a glorified expansion pack.  I'll probably buy it eventually, but when it's closer to the $20-$30 price range.
What I'm thinking and probably should've said earlier.
Turtle
Justin Bieber

11-03-2009, 10:28 PM

(11-03-2009, 09:44 PM)Greatbacon link Wrote: Well, just played the demo single player, here's what I got to say.  The game looks nicer, and has some shiny new effects added on top, melee is interesting but not particularly OMG.  The new setting and characters are a nice change of pace and I do enjoy the cajun flavor on just about everything.  The gauntlet event seems fun, and is a good counter to camping strategies.  However, I really don't see how any of this justifies a completely new game.  There's nothing groundbreaking, nothing particularly omg this is defiantly not a custom, re skinned l4d.  If the story was particularly deep, then I might understand, but it isn't, it always plays second fiddle to gameplay is this series and as such this is really nothing more than a glorified expansion pack.  I'll probably buy it eventually, but when it's closer to the $20-$30 price range.
But it's like you guys are comparing a completely finish L4D1 with a DLC and already many updates to a Demo. Maybe you'll find out there's more to it when you can actually start to dig a little deeper than half a Campaign

KarthXLR

11-03-2009, 10:31 PM

(11-03-2009, 10:28 PM)Turtle link Wrote: [quote author=Greatbacon link=topic=3819.msg121023#msg121023 date=1257302640]
Well, just played the demo single player, here's what I got to say.  The game looks nicer, and has some shiny new effects added on top, melee is interesting but not particularly OMG.  The new setting and characters are a nice change of pace and I do enjoy the cajun flavor on just about everything.  The gauntlet event seems fun, and is a good counter to camping strategies.  However, I really don't see how any of this justifies a completely new game.  There's nothing groundbreaking, nothing particularly omg this is defiantly not a custom, re skinned l4d.  If the story was particularly deep, then I might understand, but it isn't, it always plays second fiddle to gameplay is this series and as such this is really nothing more than a glorified expansion pack.  I'll probably buy it eventually, but when it's closer to the $20-$30 price range.
But it's like you guys are comparing a completely finish L4D1 with a DLC and already many updates to a Demo. Maybe you'll find out there's more to it when you can actually start to dig a little deeper than half a Campaign
[/quote]
Hint: L4D was the L4D demo, just longer. I'm expecting the same from this game.

And L4D dlc? You mean that one campaign we got 9 months after the game came out? Yeah man, that just about finished up the game.
Turtle
Justin Bieber

11-03-2009, 10:35 PM

(11-03-2009, 10:31 PM)Karth is Ego Tripping link Wrote: [quote author=Turtle link=topic=3819.msg121033#msg121033 date=1257305339]
[quote author=Greatbacon link=topic=3819.msg121023#msg121023 date=1257302640]
[/quote]
Hint: L4D was the L4D demo, just longer. I'm expecting the same from this game.

And L4D dlc? You mean that one campaign we got after 6 months? Yeah man, that just about finished up the game.
[/quote]
I seriously doubt it, Valve said they will continue to update L4D1 and make it better, including new maps. I trust that they'll stick to their word

and considering that they delayed the pre-purchase release like 5 times I don't think they had quite finished in what their enitial idea was for the demo.

Case and Point they rushed the demo. Don't think the demo is the game, cause you'll be sorely mistaken

KarthXLR

11-03-2009, 10:39 PM

The game releases in 2 weeks. Unless it can prove it IS better than L4D and will provide content to keep the game interesting and fun, along with an SDK out before the next game is announced, I stand my ground.
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

11-03-2009, 10:44 PM

Yeah... it was a bit underwhelming.  I mean I can see some very important functional game changes.  The melee replaces the pistol, which is nice, I though it'd be something stupid like it breaks eventually.  I'm not sure what the purpose of using something other than the Machete is though, other than for amusement.  It makes it so you can sort of replace the shotgun with a secondary, aside from DPSing a tank or whatever.  And it seemed like the hunting rifle got a decent buff, with a nice meaty clip, so it might be kind of useful now.  Not too sure about the adrenaline thing being of any real use though.  Otherwise it just kinda made me feel like I wish I could just trade in L4D1 for this instead, but danno if I'd wanna pay for it.  Shipping with 5 full campaigns is a nice improvement though I spose, and they make it seem like they'll be a lot more impressive setpiece stuff.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Totla
Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

11-03-2009, 10:55 PM

I like it. It seems like a big improvement from L4D. I especially love the black sniper rifle with the sick scope, so much fun.
I'd get it in a second if it was like $30.

(09-14-2010, 10:54 PM)Kor link Wrote:I'm pretty sure my mental image of Tort is 100% accurate now.

TORT IS CARVED OUT OF GRANITE.

Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

11-03-2009, 11:34 PM

(11-03-2009, 10:44 PM)Wedge link Wrote: Not too sure about the adrenaline thing being of any real use though.

I've used the adrenaline in many situations with the demo. I find it very useful for getting that huge speed boost when you are limping with low health, running from a tank, or doing the run to the tower. I believe it also makes you heal with med packs and pick fallen friends up faster too.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-03-2009, 11:39 PM

(11-03-2009, 11:34 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=3819.msg121040#msg121040 date=1257306274]Not too sure about the adrenaline thing being of any real use though.

I've used the adrenaline in many situations with the demo. I find it very useful for getting that huge speed boost when you are limping with low health, running from a tank, or doing the run to the tower. I believe it also makes you heal with med packs and pick fallen friends up faster too.[/quote]

If it actually does that, then I will say it has a use, but if it is for just outrunning a tank, that is idiotic since you'll just leave your friends behind and you'll most likely get picked off by a special infected.

zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

11-03-2009, 11:53 PM

you do THINGS faster
which i assume includes reload?

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

11-04-2009, 02:24 AM

I will say I played the PC and 360 version..

The 360 version looks like shit...you could tell they had to sacrifice a ton of AA to get a decent framerate...and even the framerate sucks..

Turtle
Justin Bieber

11-04-2009, 04:46 PM

(11-03-2009, 11:34 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=3819.msg121040#msg121040 date=1257306274]Not too sure about the adrenaline thing being of any real use though.

I've used the adrenaline in many situations with the demo. I find it very useful for getting that huge speed boost when you are limping with low health, running from a tank, or doing the run to the tower. I believe it also makes you heal with med packs and pick fallen friends up faster too.

[/quote]
I picked up a downed teammate and won us the game during a tank with Adreniline, if i hadn't used adreniline we would have lost because it would have taken longer

Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-04-2009, 07:15 PM

(11-04-2009, 02:24 AM)cbre88x link Wrote: I will say I played the PC and 360 version..

The 360 version looks like shit...you could tell they had to sacrifice a ton of AA to get a decent framerate...and even the framerate sucks..

The 360 version is fine.  Sure not as nice as the PC version, but I really doubt many would expect it to be. Didn't really get any of the framerate loss when playing though, even when the zombie rushes happened. 

I do like there are more random weapons and items around overall, actually taking a little time to explore around instead of just pushing straight through seems abit rewarding, though not sure finding an M16 when you just got an AK47 is that much of a treat.  This time instead of getting the auto-sniper before the gauntlet, I got the auto-shotty, which was alright.  It's just nice seeing variety when playing.  If I don't decide to cave before it releases to buy it, I'll probably get it whenever it gets a price drop.

Not like I plan to go back to L4D1 unless they toss out another free campaign, but the game is gonna feel lacking if I do go back to play after playing L4D2 lol

Coppanuva
Coob enforcement officer 1st class

11-04-2009, 09:07 PM

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?option=...&Itemid=13

I need to get someone to try that with me. Anyone up for some pre-emptive L4D2 versus?