Hello There, Guest! Register

Interesting shit that goes on.
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

12-10-2009, 02:39 AM

After I finally got into my Ishkur Assault Ship, I asked Alliance if anyone wanted to go pvp with me.
Got an offer from a pilot of an Electronic Attack Ship
so we figure out where we want to meet up and such, then we start flying around a chain of low sec systems
after dodging a few gate camps and me chasing a pod through a few systems, we finally find a guy that isn't going to whup us
as i approach and lock him, i think to myself, this is it! i get to rip this guy apart with my drones and guns, and he isn't going to do shit!

then i learned something, you can't  it's a bad idea to shoot at people on stargates or stations in lowsec in a small ship Tongue

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2010, 07:40 PM by zaneyard.)
Tricks
BRB, Posting

12-10-2009, 10:23 AM

Ganking sounds really cool in EVE. If I were to pick this up, I would definitely be interested in that aspect of the game.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

12-10-2009, 11:42 AM

(12-10-2009, 10:23 AM)Tricks link Wrote: Ganking sounds really cool in EVE. If I were to pick this up, I would definitely be interested in that aspect of the game.

The town guards do not come to help when goonfleet infiltrates your corp

JihadSwarm - Target: Orca's

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
zaneyard

12-10-2009, 12:48 PM

we weren't ganking really, just out looking for a fight

also, there's like 5 members in our corp currently, so we're not worried about internal warfare

the story was supposed to be humor about learning things the hard way, but it seems caff just can't hide his SA boner Tongue

(12-10-2009, 10:23 AM)Tricks link Wrote: Ganking sounds really cool in EVE. If I were to pick this up, I would definitely be interested in that aspect of the game.
the freedom, it's nice. although i never will be someone that goes out of my way to make someone angry.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
zaneyard

12-11-2009, 12:15 AM

Tonight I went solo
After going one pass through 5-8 low sec systems, mostly unpopulated, didn't really find much
i decided to head back towards my home system so i turned around through the same systems, same thing
got to the last lowsec and decided that i would risk the fact that it was so populated to go search belts
pretty empty, but i came upon a Drake Caldari Battlecruiser. A big ship for me, so i warped to another belt
i noticed the pilot was about a month old, if that
so i asked some people in my corp public channel if i could beat him, and they thought maybe, so i went back to search for him
ended up finding him and he was busy fighting NPC rats
i figured i would catch him by surprise

locked, scrammed
fight was on

didn't really hit me much as i was going fast
brought his tank down to about 50 percent shields
he sent two drones at me and i let my 5 drones shred them

ended up in a stalemate, just couldn't break his tank and he was pve fit so he didn't scram me, or he was just a noob

tonight i learned that i can't take a Drake in an AF, no matter how nooby he is

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

12-11-2009, 12:40 PM

You require more tie fighters and x-wings.
zaneyard

12-16-2009, 02:25 AM

tonight i went to my new favorite low sec system, "Old man star"

i didn't want to lose too much security status by attacking people alot so i decided i would go around asteroid belts trying to get attacked.

while killing some rats someone warps in to the belt at about 150 km
i look to see that it's a frigate tech one, thought to myself that i could take him and just kinda waited to see if he would attack me
turns out it's a faction frig and near the fastest ship in the game
he goes from 150 km to 30 km (attacking range) in near seconds with his microwarp drive
i didn't want to be the one to attack so i just sat there slowly killing a NPC rat that i had been shooting at

the guy just keeps zipping back and forth at 2-5 km/s (very fast for those that don't have a perspective)
does it for about 2 minutes and just warps off

started talking with him in local and he decided he was not going to attack because if he bumped into a nearby asteroid his speed would lower and i would be able to catch him
so i guess it was a victory for me Smile

i also think i have perfected my fit, as my guns actually stay in optimal while i'm orbiting

i'm starting to like the risk of being in low sec, and the rats are decent bounty and are killable with my small ship
looking forward to when we start cap ship production

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2009, 02:27 AM by zaneyard.)
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

12-16-2009, 07:24 AM

Nice.  I haven't been doing any PVP lately, I just don't think I have enough skills yet.  I'm working on having epic battlecruiser skills but I got 20 days till I can even use T2 guns.

zaneyard

12-16-2009, 12:51 PM

(12-16-2009, 07:24 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: Nice.  I haven't been doing any PVP lately, I just don't think I have enough skills yet.  I'm working on having epic battlecruiser skills but I got 20 days till I can even use T2 guns.
I know how you feel, though it's much easier (and cheaper) to do pvp in smaller ships. i like the speed too Smile
i keep my big expensive BS in the garage for missions so i can afford to replace my pvp losses
if you ever wanna go roaming near gallente space hit me up

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Eschatos

12-16-2009, 02:05 PM

(12-16-2009, 12:51 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=3954.msg127091#msg127091 date=1260966244]
Nice.  I haven't been doing any PVP lately, I just don't think I have enough skills yet.  I'm working on having epic battlecruiser skills but I got 20 days till I can even use T2 guns.
I know how you feel, though it's much easier (and cheaper) to do pvp in smaller ships. i like the speed too Smile
i keep my big expensive BS in the garage for missions so i can afford to replace my pvp losses
if you ever wanna go roaming near gallente space hit me up
[/quote]

I'm always in Gallente space. So sure.

zaneyard

12-16-2009, 04:13 PM

if you can fit a full rack of neutron blasters on a brutix and afford it, we could do some real damage Smile

say eschatos, is your corp in an alliance?

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Kirby
Uninstalling

12-16-2009, 04:43 PM

STOP POSTING IN HERE IT MAKES ME WANT TO START PLAYING AGAIN.

[Image: fastdlusage.png]

[Image: b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png]
[Image: b_350_20_FFAD41_E98100_000000_591F11.png]
[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]

[Image: amd.jpg]
[Image: radeon.jpg]
[Image: win7.jpg]
[Image: ubuntu.jpg]
[Image: xp.jpg]
[Image: chrome.jpg]
[Image: pyro.jpg]
zaneyard

12-16-2009, 04:46 PM

i'm going to keep doing updates of my journey to be the best
and there's nothing you can do about it

I choose you hobgoblin II's

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
zaneyard

12-19-2009, 11:58 PM

So far tonight I went to my favorite low sec system and decided to make a safespot seeing how I like to go there so often.
After that, I went to the first belt in the system and just hung around for a second to see if any NPC pirates would spawn

All the sudden a vexor warps in. Kinda knew I shouldn't engage with my Ishkur, but I didn't think about it fast enough and I was locked and scrammed. So I decided to go with it. He had a neut fitted so my repper didn't really work much. So I figured if I could take down his drones before he can destroy me, he's not going to do a whole lot. While this was going on, I found out afterward this guy had like 2 or 3 people that warped in on the fight that were ECMing him. I just figured they were with him...

Anyways, I learned tonight that my ship can't burst rep one medium neut.

Might still go back out though.

hehe, warped in on a belt with a destroyer (would have been ouch) an industrial, a miner, and i'm pretty sure a BS

Local chat > Zaneyard: Whup, I'll be on my way then.
Guys at belt: good choice.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2009, 12:19 AM by zaneyard.)
MajorAngry
N00b

12-22-2009, 03:12 AM

Remember you can tank the sentrys somewhat. If you are going to gank people remember to always have a tackler. ie. A person in a fast frigate to warp disrupt. If you can prevent them from warping and you can tank the guns you should have no issue.
zaneyard

12-22-2009, 03:56 AM

(12-22-2009, 03:12 AM)MajorAngry link Wrote: Remember you can tank the sentrys somewhat. If you are going to gank people remember to always have a tackler. ie. A person in a fast frigate to warp disrupt. If you can prevent them from warping and you can tank the guns you should have no issue.
hehe, I'm mostly flying solo with an Assault Frigate
my ishkur tanked the guns a little bit, but i kinda freaked and lost control of the situation

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Eschatos

12-22-2009, 12:55 PM

(12-16-2009, 04:13 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: if you can fit a full rack of neutron blasters on a brutix and afford it, we could do some real damage Smile

say eschatos, is your corp in an alliance?

I haven't been using blasters at all, but I can fit five 200mm rails and 2 dual 150s.  Can't really afford it since I haven't been actually playing too much. 

zaneyard

12-24-2009, 09:37 PM

today i tried to fight an 06 character flying an ishkur in my ishkur
i lost

i'm thinking of training for a taranis or an enyo as my gunnery skills are better than my drone skills

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
zaneyard

12-24-2009, 09:59 PM

now have a enyo fitted for some dps
we'll have to see how well this does

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
zaneyard

12-24-2009, 11:56 PM

I'm in my newly fitted enyo and i went to old man star like usual to test out to see if this thing works at all

fly around the belts to find nothing til about the eighth belt. see a destroyer. destroyers = anti-frigate. me = frigate
fly away and see "gf?" in local from the guy
was talking with an alli in TS and he says i could take him
so i warp back and he flies away
i say "gf?" in local just to screw with him
he sends me a convo invite and asks if i still want to fight, i say yeah, so we meet up at planet one
pretty much owned him. he couldn't track me
right as i warped away i see another destroyer warp in on us, wonder if he was trying to help his friend but was too late...

first real kill today!
anyways, might go back out again with a refit, going to put an armor plate on.

now that i've discovered the fun of a good speedtank and dps on smalls ships, i am now trying to mimic the fit on an ishkur minus the armor plate

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2009, 12:58 AM by zaneyard.)