KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

12-24-2009, 11:42 PM

Suggestion: Mic Spam night. 2
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

12-25-2009, 01:43 AM

(12-24-2009, 11:42 PM)Karthmas link Wrote: Suggestion: Mic Spam night. 2

This idea has me aroused. I vote yesplz let it happen.

Tricks
BRB, Posting

12-30-2009, 11:02 AM

Personally, I’m not good enough for clan play. I have around 60 hours total of playtime on TF2 last I checked, with around 75% of that on medic. I’ve been researching a lot of different communities recently, and it seems that communities of different sizes offer different benefits or incentives to join. Huge communities like No Heroes have a huge variety of server selections, endless bodies to fill their servers, and very highly customized servers. On top of all of that, they charge players $4 a month for a reserved or “V.I.P.” slot. They use these funds to set up new promotions, new servers, etc.

I’m not really interested in that. What I am interested is trying to hone the skills of the excellent players we already have. I think a great selling point for Brb is a chance to set up Scrim play ladders. We could set up brackets, fill different servers, and give out best players a chance to show skill beyond just a high kill/death ration or most headshots.

Once we get it rolling, I would like to set up Brb sponsored competitions. At first, I picture smaller, scheduled scrim matches such as a 5v5 capture point with class limits. As we gain momentum, I would really like to have a “March Madness” round robin scrim tourney in 2010 with prizes. I would certainly be willing to throw some change something like that, and I am sure others would as well.

More important than just having fun, I think telling people they can join amateur clans is a fantastic selling point. I want to start looking at Brb.u as a packaged product, and how we can sell it. It’s good to have fun and goof off, but I think with very little work this could be great for our community.

I am picturing four captains at first with a pool of applicants to choose from. Thoughts, ideas, and suggestions are appreciated.
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

12-30-2009, 11:12 AM

Yeah we need to do another micspam/karaoke night.  Also, lol, showing off stats.  It's really just a question of who's been coming to the server the longest Tongue

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

12-30-2009, 11:31 AM

(12-30-2009, 11:02 AM)Tricks link Wrote: Personally, I’m not good enough for clan play. I have around 60 hours total of playtime on TF2 last I checked, with around 75% of that on medic. I’ve been researching a lot of different communities recently, and it seems that communities of different sizes offer different benefits or incentives to join. Huge communities like No Heroes have a huge variety of server selections, endless bodies to fill their servers, and very highly customized servers. On top of all of that, they charge players $4 a month for a reserved or “V.I.P.” slot. They use these funds to set up new promotions, new servers, etc.

I’m not really interested in that. What I am interested is trying to hone the skills of the excellent players we already have. I think a great selling point for Brb is a chance to set up Scrim play ladders. We could set up brackets, fill different servers, and give out best players a chance to show skill beyond just a high kill/death ration or most headshots.

Once we get it rolling, I would like to set up Brb sponsored competitions. At first, I picture smaller, scheduled scrim matches such as a 5v5 capture point with class limits. As we gain momentum, I would really like to have a “March Madness” round robin scrim tourney in 2010 with prizes. I would certainly be willing to throw some change something like that, and I am sure others would as well.

More important than just having fun, I think telling people they can join amateur clans is a fantastic selling point. I want to start looking at Brb.u as a packaged product, and how we can sell it. It’s good to have fun and goof off, but I think with very little work this could be great for our community.

I am picturing four captains at first with a pool of applicants to choose from. Thoughts, ideas, and suggestions are appreciated.

We've done similar at various times before, it really comes down to needing an organizer and that organizer knowing that it can be like herding cats. From what I've learned from our past experiences is trying to get specific people together at a set time at the casual level is extremely hard, so think lots of alternates. The other thing I've learned is that creating a scheduled time for open pick-up scrims works the best, but pretty much makes any ladders or anything impossible. If you want to work up a plan PM me, we've always been a community that lets any member who has a plan for something take the drivers seat if we think they can handle it.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Neonie
The Alphabet has 24 Letters

01-03-2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:Karrde link=topic=4002.msg129702#msg129702 date=1262189568]
Yeah we need to do another micspam/karaoke night.  Also, lol, showing off stats.  It's really just a question of who's been coming to the server the longest Tongue

I wish that were true but what you fail to take into account are negative points. My rank has been steadily going down since stats were fixed because I generally get killed twice as much as I actually kill anyone. Which makes for a really bad ratio and point score.