Hello There, Guest! Register

Movie Ideas
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

04-05-2008, 10:27 AM

We should also try to do it with people who really want to be involved at scheduled times. I hate it when a shot is finally ready to go and some turd nurfer joins the server and screws everything up.

Vandamguy

04-05-2008, 03:55 PM

we'll have kor and caff on the server.. so anything that could go wrong will go wrong Smile
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

04-05-2008, 04:06 PM

Sign me up.

Soldier
Pyro
Engie

Chooly
BRB, Posting

04-06-2008, 03:34 PM

Here's My Idea:
A Red Engineer is building his sentry at the final cap on stage 2 of dustbowl. There's a blu spy lurking around nearby, but out of sight. The Engineer's sentry upgrades to lvl 3 when a demo man runs over and says "Hey come check this out, you gotta see this." The two run off to a couple of dead blu guys who're crumpled in a hilarious position. Meanwhile, the spy is uncloaking and donning a pyro disguise, goes and saps the sentry.
Engineer: "Did you hear somthin'?"
Demoman: "Nope - But someone else has gotta see this!"
The Sentry explodes and the spy is running off when that demoman stops and calls him over to the two Blu Guys and the Engineer
The spyro follows and after a minute of further hilarity he backstabs the lot of them. To tie it up the video ends with the classic TF2 intro music
We have some people who would do voice work, Kor, and Scotty, and Mission. I though it'd be funny to just dub everything with random Japanese and add subtitles, but we could try both.

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-06-2008, 04:22 PM

How about the demoman is also a spy? Tongue

Chooly
BRB, Posting

04-06-2008, 04:49 PM

(04-06-2008, 04:22 PM)Versus link Wrote: How about the demoman is also a spy? Tongue

Sure, They can both have a laugh at it at the end.
I'd like to actually see this put in motion (mine and Surfs) this week like thursday perhaps? If everyone's cool with that.

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

04-06-2008, 06:39 PM

When I said sound design I meant more along the lines of sound effects and that kind of stuff, but I'm cool for VO as well.

Chooly
BRB, Posting

04-06-2008, 09:00 PM

(04-06-2008, 06:39 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: When I said sound design I meant more along the lines of sound effects and that kind of stuff, but I'm cool for VO as well.
Great, can you rip the sfx from TF2 for use later kinda thing?

Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

04-06-2008, 09:04 PM

I can try. I was thinking some sounds from my libraries, maybe some foley.

Chooly
BRB, Posting

04-06-2008, 09:06 PM

Excellent

cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

04-07-2008, 02:03 PM

Spy or heavy, either team.

I'd do voice acting, too. I took a lot of theatre during high school.
Chooly
BRB, Posting

04-07-2008, 02:15 PM

(04-03-2008, 09:03 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: ...Shots of scouts peaking out from behind things...
Like oh so many annoying gophers, like this
[Image: cpbadlands0000gj3.th.jpg]
EDIT: The bottom left scout's expression is HILARIOUS!

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2008, 02:29 PM by Chooly.)
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

04-07-2008, 08:15 PM

(04-03-2008, 06:22 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: Professional voice actors: Kor
                                  ScottyGrayskull

Heh, I just noticed that you said I'm professional. He he. ^_^

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Vandamguy

04-08-2008, 05:38 AM

well i hope surf has  his notes done for some filming after TF tues
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-08-2008, 07:15 AM

(04-08-2008, 05:38 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: well i hope surf has  his notes done for some filming after TF tues

Sad Sad Sad :'( Sad Sad Sad

So stressed out at work.......I'll see what I can do.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Surf314

04-08-2008, 11:16 AM

OK here's my developed idea for the TFTuesday movie.  I want to distance it from Joel's movie cuz I like it and they should work together and not really overlap.  The basic premise is that the scout it all alone and he's trying to find everyone.  Everyone is hiding and planning a surprise party for him.  These are the shots I need so far.  Also I want to use some Gary's Mod stuff to make it more cinematic but I'm trying to keep it simple, plus I don't have much resources/experience so as I list these scenes please tell me what you can do.  I'll do as much as I can.

-I need a scene of the scout running and the background map changing.  I think if we can film the scout from the same angle for each map we play we can just sink up the animation and fade between shots to get the effect I want.
-I need some shots of just him running around in different maps.  Should not be more than 10-20 seconds total in movie or it'd get boring.
-I need a shot from the scouts prospective and of the scout of him double jumping to see over something (need help picking the map I was thinking of that one where you take your intel to the other teams base).  During one of his jumps he says a group of 3 I'm thinking demo, soldier and heavy, the one facing the scout sees him and the next jump they all look the next one they're gone.
-I need a shot on chaos(???) of the scout seeing a sniper peaking out on the ledge on top the base.  The scout ducks out of sight (so as not to get shot) and sneaks up his base and around.  He jumps out in front of the sniper and shoots his shotgun but it's just a spray on the wall.
-I need a shot of the gravel pit.  Everyone is hiding under the shack at A with party hats and the scout is out front.  Gary's Mod of the demo scratching his head with his nade launcher.  Grenade gets shot in the air and lands in the center of everyone.  Everybody looks at it.  Shot of scout outside and a loud boom.  Scout runs in the left entrance and everyone else runs out the right as he is turning the corner.
-This goes with the above scene, the people run up the stairs and the spy turns around.  Oh no where's the heavy?  Spy shakes his head.  Shot from behind of scout walking into the room.  Shot from the front, heavy is crouching in the corner behind the scout (get it because hes slow).  Spy uncloaks next to him touches him and they both cloak.  (I think if the heavy is really a spy disguised as a heavy then they can both just cloak at the same time).
-At the end they all jump out and surprise the scout with party hats.  Then everyone starts gibbing each other.  Shot of everyone running out of the spawns and meeting again, presents are raining everywhere.  Gary's Mod of the scout running then slowing down lifts his arms up and looks up as presents rain down on him, happy ending.

-Frame with text that fades in "TFTuesday, be there, the cake is not a lie" (3 lines can switch out the last one for something better)
-Credits are snapshots of different classes eating cake with the people's names and what they did underneath.
-Last frame is "04/01/2008, NEVAR FORGET" (2 lines)

-Music is Beta Band - Simple for most of it, maybe switching out to Reel Big Fish - Party Down for the end.

Thats all I got so far, maybe add a few more shots later.

Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

04-08-2008, 11:11 PM

I like the treatment.  I think I get your idea of the running scout with the fading map shots and dig that.  I'm having trouble visualizing the Demoman 'nade gaffe, but I think I got you.  The Heavy bit would work.  The ending bit.. it could probably be done with yet another pile of Demomen blowing their stickies but that particular device may be in danger of overuse, so never mind.  I know you want a rain of "gift box giblets". 

i subscribe to ur newsletter
Chooly
BRB, Posting

04-10-2008, 11:24 AM

[move]Casting Call[/move]
;D ;D ;D

I'm needing 5 of you all to get together with me for this shoot
Need:
Blu Scout
Blu Spy
Red Demo
Red Engy
Red Pyro

The whole things open to spectators... Joel, Fail and Surf - you want to come along?

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2008, 09:19 PM by Chooly.)
Surf314

04-10-2008, 11:34 AM

It is a definate possibility.

I'll have to see how my schedule works out.

Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

04-10-2008, 12:06 PM

I'll be just getting off of work at 8 tonight. But I can make it by 8:30-9ish, 9 being the latest it'll be before I can make it.

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.