Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: DEMOCRACY
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.37%
19 70.37%
No
29.63%
8 29.63%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New map
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

12-18-2010, 08:12 PM

(12-18-2010, 08:06 PM)Ekarus Ryndren link Wrote: A thought - Make people work together.
Kits:
Nether Warrior (Demon Slayer?): Diamond Sword, Diamond Armor, 12 "Bacon"
Nether Archer (Demon's Bane?): Bow, 4 Stacks of Arrows, Leather Armor, 12 "Bacon"
Nether Architect (Hellish Brick-Layer?): Diamond Pick, Diamond Shovel, Diamond Axe 4 Stacks of Smooth-Stone, 4 Stacks of Obsidian, 4 Stacks of Logs, 4 Stacks of Glass, 4 Stacks of Brick (And other assorted building materials if need be.) (Give command for building materials maybe?)
Nether Gardener (Hard-core mo-fo?): Diamond Shovel, 1 Stack of Saplings, 1 Stack of Red Flowers, 1 Stack of Yellow Flowers, 1 Stack of Seeds, 1 Stack of Reeds

...I don't know I'm trying -.=.-

Perhaps the classes should be anti-nether, such as champions of light and shit.
demonspork
Lurker

12-18-2010, 08:24 PM

The amount of duped material I don't think is an issue and the longer we stay on the map the less it will be an issue, sure there may be a stash of duped materials here and there (few and far between, I trust most of my users to follow the ban on duped materials) so don't factor duped things into the thoughts about resetting or not resetting. I can do some logging to make sure that quantities of diamonds are legitimately obtained. If you are worried about it being cluttered, just consider the clutter to be monuments to your accomplishment and you can go  back and visit, and just build your new stuff a few chunks away.

If anyone complains that all of the diamond or anything has been mined in your area, I will shoot you because there is so much area that is left unmined, just exploring caves isn't considered mining all the diamond in the area.

The only major change to world generation is that lakes now form, and we will slowly encounter them as we start to fill this map (lava pools formed already, he just referenced them in the post about adding water pools)

I am still not decided on if I am actually going to reset the map - even with the votes I am still against it for these reasons.  

MINECRAFT RULES AND INFORMATION
Minecraft Server changing hosts. Do not donate to my NFOservers account because I am cancelling it after this pay period.
Nickelplate

12-18-2010, 09:41 PM

If you're not challenged enough, dump your stuff in lava and start over. not everyone has been playing as long as others, and have not had a chance to go through all the stages of life in minecraft yet. Are we going to have to restart when you get bored again?
Totla
Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

12-18-2010, 09:47 PM

We could just move spawn really far away (off the currently generated map), and have a warp to the old spawn.

(09-14-2010, 10:54 PM)Kor link Wrote:I'm pretty sure my mental image of Tort is 100% accurate now.

TORT IS CARVED OUT OF GRANITE.

Duck, Duck, Goose

12-18-2010, 10:11 PM

(12-18-2010, 09:47 PM)Tortilla link Wrote: We could just move spawn really far away (off the currently generated map), and have a warp to the old spawn.
I suggested something like this to demonspork as well.

Quote:If you're not challenged enough, dump your stuff in lava and start over. not everyone has been playing as long as others, and have not had a chance to go through all the stages of life in minecraft yet. Are we going to have to restart when you get bored again?

Done it, twice. Fucking play Single player if you want to build shit that lasts. Nothing has lasted in Minecraft, because the point is to build shit, not admire shit. All our creative maps were reset, and so I see no reason why even with enough people voting for a new map that we can't have one. Also welcome to brbu. Maybe try having played Minecraft since the first server we've had here for your opinion to matter. 13-5 clearly shows that most of the people here want a new map.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 10:15 PM by Nitrous Oxide.)
DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

12-19-2010, 12:03 AM

(12-18-2010, 09:41 PM)Nickelplate link Wrote: If you're not challenged enough, dump your stuff in lava and start over. not everyone has been playing as long as others, and have not had a chance to go through all the stages of life in minecraft yet. Are we going to have to restart when you get bored again?

Are we gonna have to drop everything to meet your wishes?

Please, take note of just a few things here...
1: The majority of the people who voted want to restart the server, so be it. (I voted not to.)
2: There are plenty of reasons for and against restarting the server; "Are we going to have to restart when you get bored again?" is not one of them.
3: Ultimately, Demon has the last say in anything and everything for the server. If demon wanted to, he could pack up every fucking thing and go home.

[Image: tumblr_lqbldlY8UP1qcdsqoo1_500.gif]
demonspork
Lurker

12-19-2010, 11:27 PM

Final ruling: No new map.

I am going to be moving the spawn to a very remote location so the old section will still be accessible and you can hang out in it, or start from scratch in the new area (which will use the latest map generation code from notch, btw)

The reason for this is that your concerns about duping are paranoid. I don't know about you, but I trust the majority of the players to follow the rules about duped materials, and as time goes on with no duping (I doubt it will work at all after beta because of the server side inventory) even those who don't follow the rules will quickly run out of anything duped.  Also, the game may be mostly about building shit, but that doesn't mean we have to reset the map - admiring the shit we built isn't a bad thing, and many of us (including me) like to improve/upgrade our old structures as well as admire awesome things we built, and just because the old shit is there doesn't mean we can't keep building new shit.

Minecraft Server changing hosts. Do not donate to my NFOservers account because I am cancelling it after this pay period.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2010, 11:32 PM by demonspork.)
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

12-20-2010, 10:15 AM

Aw, I was looking forward to the new map (as were most of us, according to the vote).  Well, let's at least put a disposal area at the new spawn so we can all purge ourselves of our tempting old equipment before we set off on a new adventure Wink

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
demonspork
Lurker

12-20-2010, 11:21 AM

Will do - and that is one of the reasons for not resetting - you have the choice to get rid of your old stuff in this scenario, whereas with a completely new map even the users who don't want to start from scratch will be forced to - it all comes down to choice.

Beta update isn't going to mean we immediately move the spawn, first off we are going to explore the nether in multiplayer with no userlist restrictions for at least 48 hours (longer if hey0's mod isn't updated by then). If the update hits while am at work today, I will update the server and begin the nether map when I get home, 5-5:30pm central time.

Could someone post the text about the beta update in a thread here when it comes out because tumblr is blocked from here so I can't check for the update using that.

Luinbariel

12-20-2010, 12:03 PM

For those of us that literally never touch spawn.... this doesn't change much at all.
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

12-20-2010, 12:16 PM

(12-20-2010, 12:03 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: For those of us that literally never touch spawn.... this doesn't change much at all.

Yeah, I think that's what Demonspork is trying to drive at: we'll have to choose to respawn and start anew on our own, which I'm sure some of us will do.  I'm sure a good number of people will probably remain in the old lands, swimming in their plethora of pre-survival goods.  But, DS says he wants choice, so that's what it'll be, I guess.

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

12-20-2010, 12:22 PM

inafterrage/butthurt/shitstorm

I support a new map but since it's been decided . . .
Will be starting over.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Gump
Lurker

12-21-2010, 09:33 AM

I would've supported putting a nobuild on the old areas, so people can still admire their awesomeness whilst having the feeling of a new map.

[Image: sig.php?player_id=29515&background=random]
Stein
BRB, Posting

12-23-2010, 10:38 AM

(12-21-2010, 09:33 AM)Gump, Hat Master link Wrote: I would've supported putting a nobuild on the old areas, so people can still admire their awesomeness whilst having the feeling of a new map.
+1

[Image: steinwantsitdone.png]
Luinbariel

12-23-2010, 11:28 AM

Honestly this temp map is fucking awesome
nickasummers
N00b

12-23-2010, 02:18 PM

(12-23-2010, 11:28 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Honestly this temp map is fucking awesome
Stein
BRB, Posting

12-23-2010, 06:50 PM

Damn I shoulda played minecraft while I had the time...
I thought it was going to suck like the last temp map.

[Image: steinwantsitdone.png]
nickasummers
N00b

12-23-2010, 07:44 PM

this temp map had the spawn centered in a huge cluster of tundra and taiga biomes. snow for as far as you can see.
demonspork
Lurker

12-23-2010, 08:19 PM

and 0 trees...

nickasummers
N00b

12-23-2010, 09:01 PM

It actually had trees near spawn, they were just hidden behind cliffs. Taiga = tundra + some trees