Hello There, Guest! Register

Server Rules & Admin
3clipse
Gay for Richard Simmons

06-22-2008, 03:53 PM

I'd be happy to be admin. Ban hammer, more than happy to use on those bitches

KataKlipse [Meow!]: Was today macho of me?
+|FFG|+ SUPER MACHO MAN: Very.
+|FFG|+ SUPER MACHO MAN: *flex*
KataKlipse [Meow!]: Hell YES!

3clipse|brb.u|: so are we best buddies?
dapngwnman: lol what?
3clipse|brb.u|: lol hahaha
dapngwnman: that was extremely creepy sir
Geoff
Real World Azn

06-26-2008, 10:47 AM

(06-22-2008, 03:53 PM)3clipse link Wrote: I'd be happy to be admin. Ban hammer, more than happy to use on those bitches

no.  god no.

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

06-30-2008, 06:19 PM

I want to be admin... I play a lot on the servers (think I played enough to earn your trust) and I am awsome, so I make an ideal candidate.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
BoBoTheBum
Lurker

07-13-2008, 11:16 PM

Needs fourth tier: votes only.

<_<;;

[Image: style4,Tags.png]
sloganizer is for champions
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

07-28-2008, 11:25 AM

I don't play often, and usually play when there are other admins present, but i'll take admin if you want to give it to me.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
rumsfald

08-07-2008, 09:40 PM

It sucks that I feel like I ought to do this.

Let me start by quoting from a LOCKED thread.
Budr from http://www.brbuninstalling.com/forum/index.php?topic Wrote:Aside from being mortal enemies, I have huge respect for Dave for being one of the only people I regularly see switch to the losing side instead of repeatedly steamrolling.

Tonight, I saw a new and depressing twist on this on #1. Not only did regulars on the steam-rolling side not switch over, but when auto-swap switched someone from the winning team over, that person immediately went spectator rather than help out the losing side. Then, they IMMEDIATELY switched back to the wining side when teams evened up (less than a minute later).  I spoke up and called it what it was - lame.  The offender responded over voicechat, "I'm not going to use my skills on the side that keeps losing." Seconds later, 2 people (unknown to me) quit from my side, the steamrolled side.

Now, this was after the winning side had steam-rolled at least 2 rounds in a row, and was about to begin the 3rd round attacking with a 3-man advantage, including mister-i-don't-teamswitch.

Normally, I don't think I would post about such e-drama, but I was disappointed to see at least 5 regulars and 1 admin (that I know of) on the winning side, and not one of them said a peep.

Now, before you all think this is the greatest QQ since we had super-backburner, consider that I might not be the only one having a hard time having fun on the servers:
Quote:Don't break a game by exploiting a map Plz (Aug 7)
Can you damn kids keep it down a bit? (Aug 2)
Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Aug 2) LOCKED.
Why are the servers so hard to fill? (Jul 31)
The State of the Servers (Jul 25)
An interesting problem on server #2 (Jul 25)
In response to the state of the servers.  (Jul 27) LOCKED.
FAIL DONT LEAVE US! (Jul 25)
ZoSo: Perma-Banned Over One Word (Jul 24) LOCKED.
Don't grief on the server (Jul 21) LOCKED

A couple of observations: 1) that is a lot of server angst in about a two-week period. 2) that is a lot of locked threads about distressingly similar topics.

A few hypotheses: 1) more folks are on summer vacation, once we get back into the fall things will be fine, 2) more brats are out of school now and flooding our servers, once we get back into the fall they will disappear and things will be fine, 3) people are letting things go too far before stepping up (admins and regulars alike).

#1 and #2 are out of our power to change, but if you read and post here you ought to give a shit enough to do something about #3.

Sigh. Making posts like this is a fucking drag.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

08-07-2008, 09:43 PM

Agreed Rummy  +1, don't take shit too seriously guys, if theres a steam roll, flop over to the other side here or there and try to even things out.

Going spec and sitting on the side lines is just douschbaggery of the higest degree

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

08-07-2008, 09:43 PM

Budr from http://www.brbuninstalling.com/forum/index.php?topic Wrote:Aside from being mortal enemies, I have huge respect for Dave for being one of the only people I regularly see switch to the losing side instead of repeatedly steamrolling.

to be honest, its not cause im all fair n shit, its because i like to think i can make a loosing team win.

shame on other people for not being as big headed as me.

Budr

08-08-2008, 03:57 AM

(08-07-2008, 09:43 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Going spec and sitting on the side lines is just douschbaggery of the higest degree

I had no idea this was going on. Right here and now I'm calling out anyone who does this as an utter cunt. Not friendly banter, I actually think you're idiots. If you want to MTFU and argue your side, feel free.

On the subject, I sometimes think it must just be me that feels fighting a hard, if sometimes frustrating, battle is so much more rewarding than the boredom of repeatedly rolling over a weaker team.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

08-08-2008, 05:01 AM

So it looks like we've got 5 men so far: Dave, Budr, Rummy, Caff, and myself. I've seen the same thing several times Rummy, and it's really not cool when people do this. Things I try to do when someone's getting rolled: switch teams, and if my new team starts rolling, then I try playing a class I'm terrible at and would like to practice (hence 3 snipers on a 5 man team on warpath the other day Tongue).

If some of you can't lighten up and be better sportsman about it, I fully support any admins who want to kick little babies who only play to win. Hard fought battles are fun, rolling the other team isn't, and it's not cool.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

08-08-2008, 07:05 AM

I've seen steamrolls to be sure, but I've never consciously remained on the winning team just to keep trouncing the other side.  Historically, when I see several wins on a team in a row (or several losses, depending on my team), I start rtv'ing because I expect a map change would mix things up.  I do not support "clanning up" or "team stacking".  I've been hitting auto lately except when I want to join someone I want to team with.

Also, I've gone spec for seemingly no reason a few times to try to spec someone suspected of asshattery, like aimbotting or sentry / flaregun usage on ringking.
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

08-08-2008, 08:26 AM

I'm usually on those losing teams trying to create comebacks as a support class. Sometime it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

ToiletDuck
BRB, Posting

08-08-2008, 08:43 AM

when did that happen last night rummy? was that when i was playing as well?

i have the most fun when the game is dead even, pushing back and forth, even if it ends in a tie :-X i admit i like to be on the team with fellow pwny's, but that's just because we mess around a lot (but in a way that still benefits the team, i.e. still killin' and cappin', possibly sappin', and definitely no campin') 8) :o

[Image: vhs51j.gif]
[Image: rrmvpd.gif]
[Image: 5wfajm.gif]
[Image: 33cmd7m.gif]
[Image: s3g8xs.gif]
[Image: 2dmbam1.gif]
[Image: 1e5tuv.gif]
[Image: 1fzo94.jpg]
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

08-08-2008, 09:22 AM

(08-08-2008, 03:57 AM)Budr link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=54.msg28649#msg28649 date=1218163408]
Going spec and sitting on the side lines is just douschbaggery of the higest degree

I had no idea this was going on. Right here and now I'm calling out anyone who does this as an utter cunt. Not friendly banter, I actually think you're idiots. If you want to MTFU and argue your side, feel free.

On the subject, I sometimes think it must just be me that feels fighting a hard, if sometimes frustrating, battle is so much more rewarding than the boredom of repeatedly rolling over a weaker team.
[/quote]

If I see any of that shit, they're gone. 

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

08-08-2008, 09:28 AM

(08-07-2008, 09:40 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: Tonight, I saw a new and depressing twist on this on #1. Not only did regulars on the steam-rolling side not switch over, but when auto-swap switched someone from the winning team over, that person immediately went spectator rather than help out the losing side. Then, they IMMEDIATELY switched back to the wining side when teams evened up (less than a minute later).  I spoke up and called it what it was - lame.  The offender responded over voicechat, "I'm not going to use my skills on the side that keeps losing." Seconds later, 2 people (unknown to me) quit from my side, the steamrolled side.

Good on you for bringing it up. Honestly if someone pulls the 'going to spec so they don't play on a losing team', I'd say kick 'em. Maybe even an hour long temp ban. Let them completely sit out for awhile and think about how they shouldn't act like that, as that certainly qualifies as asshat behaviour.

I can say that I don't scout out which team to pick. Usually they're uneven so I don't even have a choice, but when they are even I'll just pick one at random (though I don't actually use random for some reason). I will admit though that I don't think about the obvious steamroll, and will try to pay better attention to it in the future.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Neonie

08-08-2008, 10:13 AM

I got accused of Team stacking the other day. What happened was that I always pick assault on Goldrush, at some point in the game I got switched to defense. When I saw there was a spot I could take to get back on the team I had originally picked, I went and i took it.

I will always try and stick with the team i originally picked. 80% of the time I pick my team based on who's on it and who I want to play with, the other 20% is Defense Assault maps where I will almost always try and be assult on the first play threw. If assault (the team I originally picked) losing, then yes I will stay and help them defend. But I would feel more like a prick to stay on the team I did not originally join, winning or not.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

08-08-2008, 11:30 AM

I absolutely always hit random and from there almost never look... if I don't switch its because I honestly don't notice or pay attention to names all that often.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

08-10-2008, 12:53 AM

(08-08-2008, 11:30 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I absolutely always hit random and from there almost never look... if I don't switch its because I honestly don't notice or pay attention to names all that often.
yeah, I do the exact same thing. I've been dying often enough now that it doesn't really matter what team I'm on anymore. Sad

Master Shake
Lurker

10-08-2008, 07:30 PM

td sucks at being admin Smile
ToiletDuck
BRB, Posting

10-08-2008, 07:31 PM

lol, you wish

[Image: vhs51j.gif]
[Image: rrmvpd.gif]
[Image: 5wfajm.gif]
[Image: 33cmd7m.gif]