Hello There, Guest! Register

Ideas for a reorganization of the minecraft server
demonspork
Lurker

05-14-2011, 07:05 PM

I have been brainstorming ideas to get this server more active, because activity equals donations equals it staying alive.

What I have come up with is a user based voting system for new members and bans.  It would best be implemented as its own web site, but would require some web development and programming I don't know how to do.

In order to get added to the server's whitelist, you need votes (thinking 5 to start out with) from other members.  We can have each new member start a thread requesting to be added and once they get enough votes, a mod will add them.

Banning will be carried out in a similar manner, either in the users original whitelist thread or another user starting a thread requesting the ban and then gaining enough votes for a mod to go in and ban that user, either temporary or permanent.

Heck, we could even start a separate SMF board and use user karma to define that, assuming that the permissions of the board can be set up so that only approved users can be allowed to vote on karma.

Feedback about this idea would be appreciated, as well as additions or modifications that would make it better.

MINECRAFT RULES AND INFORMATION
Minecraft Server changing hosts. Do not donate to my NFOservers account because I am cancelling it after this pay period.
demonspork
Lurker

05-17-2011, 07:26 PM

Anyone? response? thoughts?  this would line up with the new map as well.

MINECRAFT RULES AND INFORMATION
Minecraft Server changing hosts. Do not donate to my NFOservers account because I am cancelling it after this pay period.
Kirby
Uninstalling

05-18-2011, 01:42 PM

Thought for you:

The hell is the point?

How would users being able to vote in new members be really any different from just posting in a thread and getting added, and for that matter, what difference would that make to the players? Oh joy they get to vote yay/nay for new members?

Same for giving people voteban powers, whoopie? Now when person A doing something person B doesn't like, instead of an admin deciding it's important enough to deal with or not, you go get your 4 buddies to voteban him for something trivial?

Argument detected: But an admin still can veto the vote to prevent abuse!

So what's the fucking point in the 1st place? If it's a bannable offence, report it and they get banned. If it isn't your shiny voteban power is now worth nothing.

Excuse the expletives, but I type how I talk. Isn't meant to insult the idea or anything, but the whole idea just looks like all flash and no photo, there's no point.

[Image: fastdlusage.png]

[Image: b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png]
[Image: b_350_20_FFAD41_E98100_000000_591F11.png]
[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]

[Image: amd.jpg]
[Image: radeon.jpg]
[Image: win7.jpg]
[Image: ubuntu.jpg]
[Image: xp.jpg]
[Image: chrome.jpg]
[Image: pyro.jpg]
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

05-18-2011, 05:45 PM

Also a big reason activity has been so down was because of school. On Minecraft there's always a sever drop in people playing when school's in session once summer break is in for people we'll most likely see an influx of people again and I think that along with the world change will spike some good creativity on the server.

Also i think we should install the plugin that limits the expansion of the world so that we have like a max of 2000x2000 or something close to that.

I also think we should let Turtle back on...  just kidding. XD

Woo hoo ACEN here I come.