Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Do you think the Backburner is overpowered?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, pyros just have to flail wildly to get a crit or 2 to register
9.09%
3 9.09%
No. Shuttup. Pyros have needed this kind of love forever.
21.21%
7 21.21%
The crit would be ok if the health was normal.
30.30%
10 30.30%
The crit percentage needs to be less than automatic. Like 50%
18.18%
6 18.18%
Rummy, go QQ.
21.21%
7 21.21%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Backburner - Overpowered?
Thread Closed 
HuckBerryGee
Lurker

06-22-2008, 03:26 PM

incredible deffense weapon.  bad offense weapon. while upbered, you barely even kill 3 people. people will adapt to the weapon and suck less against it in time.

[Image: sanitymaskswirl1.gif]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

06-22-2008, 03:55 PM

50 health is the difference between a Scout and a Demoman...

[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

06-22-2008, 06:28 PM

After some extra thought, for me, here's what I think.  First, remove health gaing for backburner.  If we can't remove, drop to 25 or 15.  Just enough to survive a bit more punishment.  Go back to having drop off in damage.  You shouldn't take full damage and ignite for just being licked by flame.  That being said, dropoff shouldn't go down to 25% like it was before.  Say at most it drops off to 55% or 60%.  As it stands, any class slower than pyro can't get away.  Especially soldiers.  As it stands, it's about the inverse of the pyro vs soldier fight pre update.  While I think the increase in PB damage is good, removing the damage reduction entirely is just horrid.  As it stands, a backburner pyro has more HP than a soldier.  Because of everything, soldier is going to lose the long, medium and close range fight.  If they really wanna keep going like this, soldier rockets should have no dropoff damage.  Soldier vs pyro now is kinda like brining a knife to a gun fight.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
rumsfald

06-22-2008, 06:49 PM

So, the early impressions are:

22 votes that say the updated pyro abilities need some downwared tweaking of some sort.

15 votes say that either the updated pyro abilities are fine or that I am a crybaby.

Admins, please lock this thread.  I think we should play a week or two before revisiting this topic.
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

06-22-2008, 07:00 PM

Sure thing. It's why I didn't vote... I don't even have the backburner yet. :p

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Thread Closed