Hello There, Guest! Register

ND Updates
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

11-23-2011, 04:38 AM

They put a picture up on the facebook page, so I guess I can tell you what's going on. The free "weekend" is form Thursday December 1st to Monday December 5th. The next update is scheduled to coincide with this and will include:
- 40% off the game
- New stealth kit (Saboteur)
- RTS and FPS training modes
- A new weapon
- Double XP all weekend

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

11-23-2011, 07:19 AM

Just to get everyone ELSE excited:
[Image: 20111123NDupdate.jpg]

Looking forward to having some way to take buildings down other than Siege (too fast) and Engineer (too slow and exposed).

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2011, 07:22 AM by at0m.)
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

11-23-2011, 01:39 PM

40% off?

Black Friday interest perked...

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

11-23-2011, 01:49 PM

(11-23-2011, 01:39 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: 40% off?

wrong weekend

Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

11-23-2011, 03:57 PM

(11-23-2011, 01:49 PM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=6023.msg231312#msg231312 date=1322073571]
40% off?

wrong weekend
[/quote]

It's actually 50% off right now. Patch should drop this Friday. Includes a better interface for monitoring your progress towards class specific unlocks.

Chief
BRB, Posting

11-27-2011, 10:56 PM

i had to uninstall this game because it wasnt running smoothly on my computer because your laser and smoke effects were fucking everything up

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

11-28-2011, 07:53 AM

There are laser and smoke effects? *always plays most MP games on high rez, low graphics detail settings for max fps*

Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

11-28-2011, 10:59 AM

(11-27-2011, 10:56 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: i had to uninstall this game because it wasnt running smoothly on my computer because your laser and smoke effects were fucking everything up

We could help you troubleshoot if you're interested. My first suggestion would be to try setting gpu_level to 1.

One of our devs is running on one of the worst computers I've ever seen, so if he can run it, almost anyone can.

Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

12-02-2011, 07:54 PM

I have this game now, so please invite me at things
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

12-02-2011, 08:14 PM

Was planning on playing some tonight, I'll try to remember to invite spam you.

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

12-02-2011, 09:10 PM

(12-02-2011, 08:14 PM)at0m link Wrote: Was planning on playing some tonight, I'll try to remember to invite spam you.
Why did you change the topic?
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

12-02-2011, 11:26 PM

Just a heads up. Free weekend got moved back a week. We actually have very little control over this. Blame valve?

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

12-04-2011, 02:48 AM

Valve time! And eh, closer to christmas means more sales?

Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

12-09-2011, 06:57 AM

Patch is live. Free weekend starts on the 15th:

Additions

* Players will be awarded double XP throughout the free weekend (15th - 19th December).
    * P-900 sidearm unlock added (automatically awarded to all players who purchase during the free weekend, as well as those who have already purchased Nuclear Dawn prior.)
    * Added Santa hats which will run though the holidays - starting 19th December. Server admins can control the behavior with the following CVar:
          o nd_xmas - 0 = Hats disabled - 1 = Hats only for commanders - 2 = Hats for EVERYONE!
    * Added squad bonuses for healing, capturing resources, and kill assists.
    * Saboteur Stealth class introduced. Use Remote Explosive Devices and machine pistols, in conjunction with your Stealth Cloak teach your enemies fear of the dark.
    * Four interactive FPS training courses that cover aspects of class warfare and basic gameplay mechanics
    * Three interactive RTS training courses that cover the basic Commander functions (minus tactical excellence - you add that yourselves)
    * Commander Graduate achievement - a special achievement earned by completing all of the interactive RTS training. In live games, players who have this achievement will have priority over candidates who did not complete training.
    * Added a “Career” page to the main menu for viewing your player stats, including upcoming general and class-specific unlocks.
    * Added an “Extras” tab (found via the new “Career” page) that allows players to enable/disable bonuses, such as the pre-order Veteran Medal and free-weekend P-900 sidearm unlock.
    * Added bots. These should be considered BETA as most functionality is still in development. For this version, the bots will behave similarly to regular players, rather than purchased units as in other RTS titles (they will do their own thing, other than when a commander order is given to them). Below are some console variables you can use to add bots to your server:
          o bot_quota = Number of bots
          o bot_quota_mode [ normal | fill | match ] = If 'fill', the server will adjust bots to keep N players in the game, where N is bot_quota. If 'match', the server will maintain a 1:N ratio of humans to bots. If ‘normal’ there will be N bots in the game. Where N is bot_quota.
          o bot_add_ct = Add a bot to the Consortium team
          o bot_add_emp = Add a bot to the Empire team

General Issues

* Secondary Resource Point resource production has been increased to balance the dominance of the Primary. While Secondary points still remain vastly inferior to the Primary, now a commander that manages to hold both at the same time will actually be able to remain competitive against the one holding the primary.
    * Fixed an issue where turrets would sometimes continue to target Stealth players even after they have activated cloak.
    * Fixed an issue where Transport Gates were sometimes visible on the spawn location map, even when out of power, or EMP’d.
    * Fixed not being able to perform any commander actions when running a listen server on MacOS.
    * Fixed RTS camera rotation issues on MacOS
    * Fixed issue where empty commander orders were being left around the map
    * Fixed fog of war problem that would cause some players and structures to be invisible in commander mode, even when they are in line of sight of your units.
    * Improved and re-added idle fidget animations with leg movement.
    * Improved knife/blade hit detection in both regular stab and backstab modes.
    * Fixed multiple instances of first person animation glitches when returning to idle from sprint.
    * A number of various stability fixes.

User Interface

* The Steam server browser will now correctly display Nuclear Dawn servers.
    * Improved some UI mouse-over effects.
    * Improved class selection images.
    * Added icons for each class on the squad menu.
    * Fixed some cases where text would have incorrect spacing on MacOS.
    * Added a chat message when a player is awarded an achievement.
    * Added new kit selection icons for Stealth Assassin, Support Engineer and Support Medic.
    * Weapons/Balance
    * Increased Repair Tool’s effectiveness against enemy structures by 20%

Levels
Clocktower

* Added a extra route to deploy relay towers by scaling up the tunnel at EMP base
    * Fixed a few small issues throughout the level

Downtown

* Relocated EMP command bunker to make it less exposed
    * Removed floating displacement
    * Fixed bushes not solid in multiple locations
    * Fixed wireless repeater floating in the alley at the primary area
    * Fixed CT wincam pointing at wrong location
    * Removed ropes from the City State building
    * Added multiple no-build areas throughout the level

Hydro

* No longer possible to build behind the Empire Bunker

Metro

* Fixed getting stuck in the primary bunker in some situations.
    * Fixed a few floating bushes

Oasis

* Fixed able to capture Primary from outside the building in a certain spot
    * Extended capture area
    * Added extra cover around the EMP base and throughout the level for relay towers

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

12-09-2011, 07:38 AM

excited!

Although my client hasn't updated yet ;x

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011, 07:41 AM by at0m.)
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

12-09-2011, 01:10 PM

(12-09-2011, 07:38 AM)at0m link Wrote: excited!

Although my client hasn't updated yet ;x
Yes! As soon as I'm ready I'll be playing.
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

12-09-2011, 01:11 PM

My body is ready

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

12-09-2011, 11:15 PM

Refill rate on the REDs from a resupply station needs to be increased about 1000%. They're a key feature of the kit, and I can understand limiting the carried capacity, but they refill even slower than the poison grenades (which aren't nearly as useful). Also, would be nice if either laying or detonating them (one or the other, but not both) didn't force a decloak. Its really REALLY hard to use them against turrets because of that (although I'm not entirely sure what amount of damage they do, as I've been unable to kill anyone with them)

Very happy that you allowed the silencer on the Machine Pistol for Saboteur even though you don't for the Medic (why is that?)

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011, 11:17 PM by at0m.)
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

12-09-2011, 11:23 PM

(12-09-2011, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote: Refill rate on the REDs from a resupply station needs to be increased about 1000%. Also, would be nice if either laying or detonating them (one or the other, but not both) didn't decloak me. Its really REALLY hard to use them against turrets because of that.

Very happy that you allowed the silencer on the Machine Pistol for Saboteur even though you don't for the Medic (why is that?)

We've talked about it and decided it would be better to release it nerfed rather than OP. They'll probably get a boost of some sort next week.

As for the medic silencer, it is applied to the machine pistol and pistol on both teams. Do you have it unlocked?

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

12-10-2011, 12:56 AM

(12-09-2011, 11:23 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=6023.msg232662#msg232662 date=1323490508]
Refill rate on the REDs from a resupply station needs to be increased about 1000%. Also, would be nice if either laying or detonating them (one or the other, but not both) didn't decloak me. Its really REALLY hard to use them against turrets because of that.

We've talked about it and decided it would be better to release it nerfed rather than OP. They'll probably get a boost of some sort next week.

As for the medic silencer, it is applied to the machine pistol and pistol on both teams. Do you have it unlocked?
[/quote]Yeah, but when I tried to use it it didn't work. It was a few patches ago, though.