Hello There, Guest! Register

The End.
Solus
N00b

10-14-2011, 07:03 AM

So 1.9pre4 has introduced "The End", Notch's replacement for his promised Sky Lands. Yeah, it's that bleak looking area full of monoliths that you see in the screenshots he released of that dragon.

Seems like a really fun and colorful place. What's even more fun, though, is GETTING there.
  • Go through all of the normal steps to getting to the Nether:
    • dig until you find diamond
    • make a diamond pickaxe
    • mine enough obsidian to make a nether portal
  • Kill and loot the following:
    • 12+ Endermen
    • 6+ "Blazes", the new Nether mob that:
      • [li]Flies
      • Shoots unblockable fireballs that light you on fire
      • Spawns FUCKING ANYWHERE
    [/li]
  • Return to the Overworld, convert your Blaze Rods to Blaze Powder (1 rod = 2 powder), then craft as many Eyes of Ender as you can (at least 12 needed!) using your Powder + Pearls
  • Get to your world's Stronghold. Your options are:
    • Throw an Eye of Ender up in the air and let it lead you to the Stronghold, thereby using it up and requiring that you make a minimum of 13 Eyes.
    • Find the Stronghold via sheer dumb luck, like the miracle-man that you are.
  • Search your happy, safe, and totally not silverfish-infested Stronghold for a pre-existing End Portal Frame. An End Portal Frame block is described as such:
    Quote:End Portal Frame is a block that can be found in strongholds, it has a decorative bluish-green top, while the sides and bottom are an off-white color, decorated in hollow rounded rectangles with the same color as the top. They are found in a 12 block ring shape within a room over a pool of lava and a staircase containing a Silverfish spawner.
    Okay, maybe your Stronghold isn't as Silverfish-free as you might have hoped.

• Insert your Eyes of Ender in all of the End Portal blocks to activate the portal.
  • Enter the portal and despair when you discover that the only way back to the Overworld is to either fall to your death (The End is still a bunch of floating islands, after all) or get ganked by either the Endermen present or the massively overpowered Enderdragon (the one I mentioned earlier, from the screenshots), who has 200+ health, can destroy you with a mere thought, and drops absolutely nothing.

I'm so glad we're finally getting the beautiful & fun islands in the sky that Notch promised so long ago!
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2011, 07:04 AM by Solus.)
backfire
Uninstalling

10-14-2011, 07:58 AM

Well, it's called "the end" for a reason. I don't think anyone should honestly go there with thoughts of actually returning.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
k0ala
BRB, Posting

10-14-2011, 08:17 AM

[Image: 1161451564593.jpg]

[Image: i9pkpXG.jpg]
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

10-14-2011, 08:54 AM

I think we can safely ignore it until Notch catches on and the Enderdragon starts dropping hats.

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Gump
Lurker

10-20-2011, 01:03 AM

(10-14-2011, 08:54 AM)ZargonX link Wrote: I think we can safely ignore it until Notch catches on and the Enderdragon starts dropping hats.

$5 purchase minimum

[Image: sig.php?player_id=29515&background=random]
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

10-20-2011, 02:26 AM

(10-20-2011, 01:03 AM)Gump link Wrote: [quote author=ZargonX link=topic=6032.msg226818#msg226818 date=1318600483]
I think we can safely ignore it until Notch catches on and the Enderdragon starts dropping hats.

$5 purchase minimum
[/quote]
Get that Proof of purchase hat with a purchase Big Grin

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"