Hello There, Guest! Register

Real looking elevators..
Sksuser
N00b

05-17-2012, 03:23 PM

Anybody else make them? If so, what is your formula and roughly how much space does it take up? I make one that is three sticky pistons tall so you can fit steve in there and have a block left over to travel past the floor. However, since pistons won't pull an extended piston, I have to make an extra step in retracting so you never accidently attempt to pull an extended piston with another. It makes it so that on the way up the elevator it goes "clunk clunk clunk" but on the way down it goes "clunk clunk .. clunk ......... clunk" I can usually fit the circuitry into a 10x10 area behind the wall of the elevator, but I would prefer smaller. Ideas?

And when I say "real looking" I mean its 1x1 wide and long, the pistons extend vertically as a natural elevator and don't use any glitch by jamming you up against a wall or hurt you at all, with a real looking elevator shaft around it, no exposed redstone, and a button at the top and one at the bottom that are accessable from the inside. An exterior call button is preferable, but not necessary because I usually only put my elevator in single player and I'm either upstairs or I'm downstairs.. ya know what I mean.

I haven't found a way to put closing doors on the elevator without it interfering with the signal for the buttons or the signal to the pistons. I have looked around on youtube and mc general forums, but haven't seen anything very satisfactory, and short of hopping on a server with someone its hard to visualize success anyway.

[table][tr][td][Image: brak-0.gif][/td][td]

Bubblbeebee soobup blbubblbeebeebubble baayyt?
(Listen Mr Tooth Decay, Do YOU want me to neglect my oral hygene?)
[/td][/tr][/table]
heavyrocker1989
Lurker

05-17-2012, 08:43 PM

Minecraft Tutorial: Piston Elevator(Zipper) Pt 1 (Extended Demo)

check that out.

[Image: harrypottertwilightgif.gif]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

05-20-2012, 06:06 AM

There's a pretty small limit on how far an elevator can extend if you do it by pushing a chain of pistons, and it's got the added 'bonus' of not being able to retract (since you can't pull a line of pistons to make the elevator go back down). That;s why most of them don't look like real elevators.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Sksuser
N00b

05-21-2012, 11:01 AM

The trick is to re-extend the middle piston (or pistons) at the correct time. Once we have claims in the new (un)flatland I will put it in there and somebody can see what I'm talking about, and if they see a way to improve it.

//edit
Will worked with me and says I need to learn how to use glowstone. I read up on it. 1.2 was about when I started messing with industrialcraft pretty heavy. I need to catch up with the times.
Thanks will!

[table][tr][td][Image: brak-0.gif][/td][td]

Bubblbeebee soobup blbubblbeebeebubble baayyt?
(Listen Mr Tooth Decay, Do YOU want me to neglect my oral hygene?)
[/td][/tr][/table]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2012, 10:10 AM by Sksuser.)