Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Favourite Class?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scout
16.90%
12 16.90%
Soldier
12.68%
9 12.68%
Pyro
16.90%
12 16.90%
Demoman
9.86%
7 9.86%
Heavy
0%
0 0%
Engineer
8.45%
6 8.45%
Medic
16.90%
12 16.90%
Sniper
4.23%
3 4.23%
Spy
14.08%
10 14.08%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Top 9 Favo(u)rite Classes.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

06-26-2008, 11:55 PM

Eh. I guess I should make one of these.
  • 1. Soldier, by far. Probably not my best class, but dominating with a soldier just feels so much better than with any other class. If you play him right, he's the fastest class in the game, and makes a fan-fucking-tastic ambusher. I probably rocket jump way more than I should, but dropping out of the sky dropping death and destruction like it's Hiroshima while all your opponents can drop are f-bombs feels great. Also, juggling and gibbing folks in the air while dancing in the pink mist feels like bathing in the nectar of the gods.

2. Demo. I'm pretty good with him, but he's just a lot less fun to play than the soldier, at least for me. Lack of a hitscan weapon (shotgun or the like) just really means he's a lot less in your face than the soldier. His sticky jump is a bit more than what I usually want, being more of a hindrance than anything else.

3. Spy. Once upon a time I had 45 hours as Spy, with 15 hours as my next closest class. Valve fucked up the backstab registration royally, and I've barely touched the class since. Mostly the class I pull out of desparation in dealing with a particular opponent. If a Heavy/Medic or Sniper is rolling my team lone-gunman style, I switch. It feels fucking great to put those Rambo-wannabes back in their place, so on a successful run, Spy is easily the second most reqarding class for me.

4. Medic. A lot of fun to play if you've got a few good players on your team, or at least have one person you can stick your ass too, but god it sucks playing Medic if nobody on your team knows their dick from their asshole. The only thing more rewarding than helping plow through the other team as a medic is being the guy doing the plowing. I'm not usually that guy though, simply because I think I'm much less dependent on a medic and don't demand one at all times.

5. Scout. I'm not very good with him, but I know a few fantastic scouts who can make like hell for any class. He's good for ambushing, but he doesn't have the stopping power I'm used to.

6. Engy. Only for the ridiculous fucking wrenching-sprees you can go on. I nearly tied my record for most kills a few weeks ago, and that was with JUST the wrench and a fantastic fucking pocket medic. Also good for dicking around and dropping a baby-turd sentry in those unexpected, inconvenient locations your opponents love to bitch about.

The rest (sniper, heavy, and pyro) don't get a spot on my list either because a) I suck at point-and-click adventures, b) the class is too dependent on both a butt-buddy medic and spy-checks, or c) the class just isn't any fun to play anymore after the update. Too much of a good thing can ruin it.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2008, 12:00 AM by copulatingduck.)
jdub28
Lurker

06-27-2008, 12:00 AM

(06-26-2008, 11:55 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: Eh. I guess I should make one of these.
  • 3. Spy. Once upon a time I had 45 hours as Spy, with 15 hours as my next closest class. Valve fucked up the backstab registration royally, and I've barely touched the class since. Mostly the class I pull out of desparation in dealing with a particular opponent. If a Heavy/Medic or Sniper is rolling my team lone-gunman style, I switch. It feels fucking great to put those Rambo-wannabes back in their place, so on a successful run, Spy is easily the second most reqarding class for me.

maybe its not my fault I fail so much at backstabbing, I played spy the most on the 360. it was easier because it took so long for everyone to turn around

[Image: XFORTBANNER-1.jpg]
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

06-27-2008, 12:09 AM

(06-27-2008, 12:00 AM)jdub28 link Wrote: [quote author=copulatingduck link=topic=647.msg16401#msg16401 date=1214542525]
  • 3. Spy. Once upon a time I had 45 hours as Spy, with 15 hours as my next closest class. Valve fucked up the backstab registration royally, and I've barely touched the class since. Mostly the class I pull out of desparation in dealing with a particular opponent. If a Heavy/Medic or Sniper is rolling my team lone-gunman style, I switch. It feels fucking great to put those Rambo-wannabes back in their place, so on a successful run, Spy is easily the second most reqarding class for me.

maybe its not my fault I fail so much at backstabbing, I played spy the most on the 360. it was easier because it took so long for everyone to turn around
[/quote]

Nope, not by a longshot. The hit registration has been gimped for a while. The only thing more frustrating than stabbing a guy in the back 3 times with the backstab animation and not getting a kill is stabbing a guy in the back 3 times with the animation, him subsequently noticing and gibbing you, and then shouting "What a fucking retard spy!" over allchat. Those are the only times I've ever rage-quit a game.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

06-27-2008, 12:18 AM

(06-27-2008, 12:09 AM)copulatingduck link Wrote: [quote author=jdub28 link=topic=647.msg16403#msg16403 date=1214542850]
[quote author=copulatingduck link=topic=647.msg16401#msg16401 date=1214542525]

[/quote]

Nope, not by a longshot. The hit registration has been gimped for a while. The only thing more frustrating than stabbing a guy in the back 3 times with the backstab animation and not getting a kill is stabbing a guy in the back 3 times with the animation, him subsequently noticing and gibbing you, and then shouting "What a fucking retard spy!" over allchat. Those are the only times I've ever rage-quit a game.
[/quote]

Thats why I don't go for a backstab, press fire earlier, not only will it kill the person anyway, but the actual stab is faster. I don't know why they have a separate animation thats slower.

Also spy on the console versions would be so fucking easy, trying to turn around with an analog stick is so slow Wink

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Yomanz
Lurker

06-27-2008, 12:45 AM

As to what caff said about the spy on the console version is very true. A friend of mine wanted me to play TF2 on his 360 to see if PC gamers were better. I played as a spy and got him a spy backstab record on his xbox live account that was about 12 backstabs in one life. The backstabs never failed once. The best part of all this is that spy is one of my worst classes! It was kinda pathetic actually to be dominating half their team after just joining the game. I got booted after about 3 minutes of that.  :o

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -Groucho Marx

[Image: yomanz.png]
NiceGuy
Fulfills Asi^H^H Korean stereotypes

06-27-2008, 01:15 AM

1. Soldier - I love my criiiiit rockets and I wish rocket jumping didn't consume so much of my health, otherwise I'd be in the air 24/7.
2. Medic - I love being able to keep my team alive in a time of need but I especially love attaching to a soldier/demo that knows what they're doing and how to get my uber charged quickly (ie. wall rockets/stickies in their own faces).
3. Pyro - I never liked or used much of the pyro before the update, but man am I loving the backburner.
4. Engineer - It's so satisfying when you can find the right spot to plant your sentry, yourself, and the dispenser and sit back while you wrench and watch the blood bath.
5. Spy - My go to class whenever I'm in need of dispensing that one person dominating me (usually a sniper, I hate them).
6. Heavy - I love standing on top of the cart and handing out an unlimited supply of bullets to my enemies faces.
7. Scout - It's nice being able to dodge and run so fast and bat kills are oh so satisfying.
8. Demoman - I really need to get more proficient with him. I don't play much as a demo because I usually suck when I do.
9. Sniper - My worst class as I'm horrible with the head shots and I also hate snipers because they are constantly killing me.

On BAL-SACKs:

(07-10-2008, 06:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote:Like our namesake, the number one thing we do is hang around.  Between your legs. Hang around waiting for some action.
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

06-27-2008, 07:47 AM

(06-26-2008, 11:55 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: 4. Medic. A lot of fun to play if you've got a few good players on your team, or at least have one person you can stick your ass too, but god it sucks playing Medic if nobody on your team knows their dick from their asshole.

IMO a good medic knows when a player is about to fuck both of them over, and bails. If someone is going to do something stupid, I'm not going to assist them and likely die as well. Even if we're ubered, if they just keep going on what'll eventually be a suicide run I'll leave them mid-uber to help the teammates behind us. If they complain, I tell them to stop sucking and stop healing them.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

06-27-2008, 08:06 AM

Right, my favourite classes:
1-Medic: Nothing beats being a medic with a good team, or even just a few good players. Don't have to worry about shooting (most of the time)... just heal every chance I get, favour the players who are doing better, and scramble around like crazy trying to not die. ^_^
2-Pyro: Just an all around fun class. If you get on a roll you'll piss off so many players for fear of that dreaded crit-fire. Shame not enough maps are really good for being a pyro, although I haven't unlocked any of the new weapons so maybe my opinion will change.
3-Soldier: Now that I've mostly gotten the hang of rocket jumps (still working on lateral ones though), I'm liking this class a lot more. Getting a crit rocket that kills multiple people at once is such a sweet feeling.
4-Engineer: At first I really didn't like Engy, but now that I've gotten the hang of sentry placement and metal locations on some maps I'm liking him a lot more. Being a good frontline Engy is hectic as all heck and a lot more work than most people give credit for.
5-Spy: I rarely play Spy because I usually suck at it, but getting into that zone where you seem to sap and backstab everything in sight is fun as all hell.
6-Sniper: Heh. One of those classes I want to like, but just suck balls at. Maybe the hardware upgrade will help that.
7-Heavy: A good class, but honestly he's just too slow and finding a good medic buddy can be infuriating. Given my first choice, it's almost always the case that swapping roles will yield better results. Tongue
8-Scout: Another class I want to like, but just am terrible at. Again, I'm going to at least partially blame my hardware limitations for that.
9-Demo: At first I really liked the demo, but once people started anticipating sticky traps better he quickly fell off my radar. Mostly because I'm crap with the pipe bombs.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

06-27-2008, 08:32 AM

Here's mine:

1. Pyro - This shouldn't surprise anyone, I've played this class most even before it became the hip class to play. I'm definitely an ambush Pyro and am quite good at flanking/getting behind a whole team. Sure, I might do suicide runs from time to time but nothing beats the pleasure of killing off an entire team in one run or scaring them away so that your team mates can push back.

2. Soldier - For me this is the class when I don't want to think too much and just want to blow stuff up, I'm finally starting to get a little good at juggling and this has made the class a lot more fun to play.

3. Medic - This has become my second choice if only because I'm always in the team that doesn't have any good ones. It's fun to do when there are some good players to heal/partner up with but it's very frustrating when there isn't a really worthy partner.

4. Spy - I'm not good with him but it's so much fun sneaking up on people and ruining their day with a sudden stab/sap.

5. Scout - I play this mostly when there are not enough defenses up and I want to get the intel. I totally fail with the scattergun somehow though.

6. Demo - I don't play this guy nearly enough to know the arcs so I never play him.

7. Heavy - Too slow, big target, I can never get into playing as this guy, I'd rather heal one.

8. Engineer - I'm not bad as an engineer but I just get so bored turtling and too frustrated setting up advance sentries...

9. Sniper - Same reason as the Engi, I don't like staying at one location for too long...

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2008, 08:35 AM by ainmosni.)
|GW|Chimp
Lurker

06-27-2008, 08:55 AM

Demoman - I love to pipe-jump.  I love to find good places to hide my stickies.  I love trying to get good enough to use the grenades to hit moving targets...nothing gives me a boner more than hitting a Scout in midair with a grenade.

Medic - All you need is one good offensive player.  The rest of the team can suck balls, but if you've got one good offensive person to follow it's all good.  Plus, health needles to the face.

Engineer - Annoying level 1s plus the shotty.  Hoedown on opponent's bodies.

Pyro - Backburner and +50 health = QQ MOAR.

Soldier - I'm not that good a soldier, but look forward to devoting some time to learning him in the near future.  The soldier is all about Skill.

Heavy - WAY too dependent on having a good medic following you. 

Spy, Sniper - I suck ass playing them.  If you ever see me playing sniper please feel free to bitch-slap me as I am in no way helping your team.
3clipse
Gay for Richard Simmons

06-27-2008, 09:37 AM

My favorite class:Civilian
Rofl JK
1.Spy. I like backstabs, especially on a cloaked spy.
2.Sniper. I don't like heavys.
3.Scout. I like speed, and double jumps.
4.Medic. I like being nice, and healing.
5.Pyro. I like the flare gun, its awesome.
6.Soldier. I like crit rockets.
7.Demo. I like stikies.
8.Engineer. I like dispensers.
9.Heavy. I don't like heavys.

KataKlipse [Meow!]: Was today macho of me?
+|FFG|+ SUPER MACHO MAN: Very.
+|FFG|+ SUPER MACHO MAN: *flex*
KataKlipse [Meow!]: Hell YES!

3clipse|brb.u|: so are we best buddies?
dapngwnman: lol what?
3clipse|brb.u|: lol hahaha
dapngwnman: that was extremely creepy sir
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

06-27-2008, 09:38 AM

(06-27-2008, 09:37 AM)3clipse link Wrote: My favorite class:Civilian
Rofl JK
1.Spy. I like backstabs, especially on a cloaked spy.
2.Sniper. I don't like heavys.
3.Scout. I like speed, and double jumps.
4.Medic. I like being nice, and healing.
5.Pyro. I like the flare gun, its awesome.
6.Soldier. I like crit rockets.
7.Demo. I like stikies.
8.Engineer. I like dispensers.
9.Heavy. I don't like heavys.

This made me lol, especially because I could imagine you saying it super fast.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

06-27-2008, 10:05 AM

1) Spy - I have an insane amount of fun when I'm doing well with him, plus other than the Engineer few have more strategic value.
2) Heavy - Caff and Trace can perhaps appreciate the sadistic joy of mass carnage. Plus, we can pull pretty good defense.
3) Soldier - What would any arena be without a corner full of rocket spam?
4) Pyro - Buuuuurn!
5) Sniper - Don't discredit this class too much. I suck at it, but I've seen games of Goldrush saved at the final terminus by these bastards.
6) Medic - I can't stand being a support class.
7) Engineer - I just get bored as fuck playing Engineer, and there's not a whole lot of gratification in it.
8) Scout - Unfortunately, scouts just never get the joy of accomplishing much. Most of the time, they are easily stalemated with SGs.
9) Demo - It's just so meh. I really crave direct engagement.

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

06-27-2008, 10:06 AM

(06-27-2008, 10:05 AM)cannedpeaches link Wrote: 8) Scout - Unfortunately, scouts just never get the joy of accomplishing much. Most of the time, they are easily stalemated with SGs.

just no.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

06-27-2008, 11:08 AM

(06-27-2008, 10:05 AM)cannedpeaches link Wrote: 2) Heavy - Caff and Trace can perhaps appreciate the sadistic joy of mass carnage. Plus, we can pull pretty good defense.

Me too, I just don't play Heavy nearly as often as you guys. Tongue

1. Heavy civilian (jk)

1. Sniper. If I'm doing well, it's awesome. Blunting an enemy attack at long range...mmm.
2. Soldier. Crit rocket spam, rocket jumping, shoveling people, it's all good. Tongue
3. Demoman. Getting to point of hitting moving enemies with pipe bombs is awesome. Same with setting sticky traps >Big Grin
4. Heavy... :-* :-* :-* if I have a good medic, otherwise I don't really care for him that much, unless my team needs the firepower when on defense.
5. Spy. *backstab* *sap* *backstab* *backstab* *cloak and disguise* <3
6. Engineer...mmm, depends. I like being an offensive
7. Pyro...just for defending the last cap on dustbowl...setting half of the other team on fire from behind is so fun.
8. Scout. Often fun, but there are usually classes I'd rather be when I would otherwise be him.
9. Meeediiiiiic. Essential to a good team, but I really don't like playing as Medic.

Benito Mussolini
1 More!

06-27-2008, 04:11 PM

I noticed something watching the stats...

The two favorite classes are the two classes that recieved an update (As I write this, Medic and Pyro both have 8, next are Soldier and Spy with 6)

Since the last patch, pyro has dominated the most played class on TF2: http://steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php

Before that, Pyro was among the lasts played classes... so was Medic before its patch (Medic was last, all the way down)

Now people are either totally not constant or valve is doing well in making players play different classes... But after all the classes get their achievements, I doubt this poll would get the same results

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2008, 04:13 PM by Benito Mussolini.)
jdub28
Lurker

06-27-2008, 04:17 PM

I kinda wish that the pyro update could have waited. when i was a good pyro before the update i got compliments now i just get called overpoweed and cheap Sad

[Image: XFORTBANNER-1.jpg]
exanimo

06-27-2008, 04:27 PM

Well, Benito, we'll have to do this poll again after all the updates are out. Smile.
BoBoTheBum
Lurker

06-27-2008, 06:06 PM

Engineer - Being at the core of a defense, staging ambushes with level one sentries, getting ridiculously forward teleporters, putting a dispenser at JUST the right spot...I love helping my team.
Pyro - Harassment and ambushing, two of my favorite things.
Spy - I'm an actor, I'm a liar, I love fooling people.
Demoman - SHIT FUCKING BLOWS UP
Medic - Same reason as Engineer: I have a BLAST helping my team. Only problem here is I don't have a blast being the focus of everyone's fire.
Soldier - Bland, and I always blow myself up.
Heavy - Not so much not fun due to any problem with the class as not fun due to my complete incompetency with it.
Scout - I just don't have the twitch skills to be running around, keeping my crosshairs on someone.
Sniper - I'm too damn spazzy to hit someone, and a sniper that's not busting heads isn't having fun.

[Image: style4,Tags.png]
sloganizer is for champions
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

06-27-2008, 06:14 PM

Demoman - I love everything about them.
Scout - I'm impacient so scouts are great in big maps. Also, baseball bat.
Spy - It is just fun to play as spy...
Heavy - Fists.
Sniper - I can shoot Joel with this.
Medic - Free points are pretty fun I guess
Pyro - I have to admit it is fun to be a Pyro though I still think the backburner is lame as Hell. 225 hp, pfft.
Soldier - Fuck soldiers.
Engineer - Boring as Hell unless you are running into a crowd of people with the wrench.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.