Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Favourite Class?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scout
16.90%
12 16.90%
Soldier
12.68%
9 12.68%
Pyro
16.90%
12 16.90%
Demoman
9.86%
7 9.86%
Heavy
0%
0 0%
Engineer
8.45%
6 8.45%
Medic
16.90%
12 16.90%
Sniper
4.23%
3 4.23%
Spy
14.08%
10 14.08%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Top 9 Favo(u)rite Classes.
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

06-28-2008, 09:00 AM

Lol, goldrush is so one-sided, looking at those stats.

cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

06-28-2008, 10:17 AM

(06-27-2008, 06:14 PM)Spore link Wrote: Scout - I'm impacient so scouts are great in big maps. Also, baseball bat.

That's why you'll hear heavies complain more than anyone on big ass maps like Canyon.
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

06-29-2008, 11:45 AM

(06-28-2008, 10:17 AM)cannedpeaches link Wrote: That's why you'll hear heavies complain more than anyone on big ass maps like Canyon.

Civilian Heavy has more reason to complain. Civilian Heavy is such a manly man that he doesn't though.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

06-29-2008, 01:03 PM

Civilian Heavy is only trumped by Invisible Heavy.

My unshocking list for the record:
1.  Medic.  I gravitate towards healing classes in many games.  This was no different.  Until a few months ago, I played Medic and only Medic, heart-wrenching screwups be damned.  Now I'm branching out.
2.  Heavy.  I currently have most hlstatsx minigun kills as of postdate </pointlessbrag>, so yeah, I've been on him a lot.  Still, I jump out into stupid situations.  I am guilty for getting several Medics killed.
3.  Scout.  I recently had an epiphanous moment where I felt the "groove" with Scout.  I'm no Dave or J-master, but that's not the point; I love Scout more than I ever have now.
4.  Demoman.  I'm not a good 'nade sniper, but I've had a few satisfying moments with him.
5.  Engineer.  I daydream sometimes.
6.  Pyro.  Mixed bag.  Update aside, I usually only play Pyro to fill a gap.
7.  Soldier.  Sometimes I can pull off sweet rocket-jump-unmasking-shots from a low spot, but I'm mostly ineffective.
8.  Spy.  I respect him, but I don't feel a draw to him.  A nest pissed me off if I'm on spy.
9.  Sniper.  I do not have the fine motor control to put the dot on the noggin.  My situational unawareness makes them my weakness.  I've yet to get Grey Matter.  go to hell sniper plskthx.  Sweet "Meet The Class", though.

edit: numbering dur-hur
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

06-29-2008, 02:15 PM

(06-29-2008, 01:03 PM)Fail (Medic) link Wrote: Civilian Heavy is only trumped by Invisible Heavy.

My unshocking list for the record:
3.  Scout.  I recently had an epiphanous moment where I felt the "groove" with Scout.  I'm no Dave or J-master, but that's not the point; I love Scout more than I ever have now.

Yeah, it happens sometimes. Mostly it's during CTF, I think, when the intel is relatively undefended; then, you can really feel like a good Scout was meant to feel - successful, dashing, heroic, and get in there and get the intel.
x
BRB, Posting

10-12-2008, 06:05 PM

I thought it'd be interesting to bump this thread as I've found myself drifting to different classes - I've been playing Sniper a good portion of the time recently to try and get my twitch muscle up for example.

I think the achievements do a really good job of getting people to branch out as well, I've been playing quite a bit of pyro for the last couple of months trying to reach the million damage and this weekend I decided to try my hand at heavy, which is officially my new favourite class. I just "pulled a Caff" on a game of Goldrush (switched to Heavy and spammed 'e' continually). Turns out there's not much to it, I was MVP each stage and finished on about 150 points. Good times.
Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

10-12-2008, 07:09 PM

Medic is my top for sure, but I'm in the same boat as you in the sense that I started playing Heavy after the update, and it grew to my #2 class,. After that is Engie and Pyro: Demo and Sniper: Soldier and Spy

Duck, Duck, Goose

10-12-2008, 10:19 PM

I enjoy sapping Dispencers.
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

10-12-2008, 10:19 PM

Nice bump, Budr

(10-12-2008, 06:05 PM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: [...]I've found myself drifting to different classes[...]

Same here.

Heavy is now probably my least favorite, and I like playing demoman and soldiers a lot more since I started practicing with them. Same with sniper, it's a class that can be very frustrating, and I like it when people hate me (^^), same reason why I play spy (speaking of which, I have become the best spy in brb,u, fuck you)
I am also hating playing as a pyro a lot more since I wrote 1st list of classes... fuck pyros, seriously.

Finally, random is still my favorite, and Medic holds a very special place in my heart.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

10-12-2008, 11:46 PM

Pyros are fun to play, but i know how people rages about them, i hate them too when other people are using it, so i try to use him the least.

As many people from here know, i'm a good Medic and i like playing as him, but being Medic is way too easy, so i like to play Heavy sometimes or Engineer (there's nothing funnier than go out in the battlefield, just you and your trustworthy wrench)

Spy is Fun,but i wouldn't put him as my favorite Class

so the winner is Medic :3

Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

10-13-2008, 12:07 AM

Spy
Demo
Scout
Heavy
Sniper
Offense Engie
Soldier
Medic
Random

Those are my top nine out of the ten options.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

10-13-2008, 01:02 AM

(10-13-2008, 12:07 AM)Spore link Wrote: Spy
Demo
Scout
Heavy
Sniper
Offense Engie
Soldier
Medic
Random

Those are my top nine out of the ten options.

<3

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Loqutus
Lurker

10-13-2008, 01:22 AM

Engi
Scout
Spy
Heavy
Pyro
Medic
Sniper
Demo
Soldier

Those are ranked by playtime and proficiency.

Favorite weapon: Engi Shotgun. Can't get enough of that thing

I've recently branched out into the Heavy Class, and have found that it's very easy to be useful as a competent Heavy. He's gotten more and more playtime these past weeks.

Bulletproof.
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

10-13-2008, 01:34 AM

9. Heavy- I just don't have the kind of 6th sense of probability like good heavies have. They know exactly when to back out of a push and I get WAY overeager when challenging the spawn holes.

8. Scout- Too spazzy of a class for me. It's fun to play just when you want to annoy a team, but I'm not too great at it most of the time. But when I find the groove I can be ok.

7. Spy- I'm off and on in this class. It's also way too risky for me and I don't like to sit waiting for a spawn that much.

6. Engi- It's fun to play on certain maps..especially when you know spots most people don't. That's why if you want to be a good engi I'd reccommend going into random servers and watching engis pick spots. It gets interesting.

5. Medic- Off and on in this class as well, but I'm the type of medic to buff everyone and most people don't like my play style as far as it's concerned. I always seem to get badgered by assholes whenever I play so I don't bother.

4.Soldier- I make a semi-decent soldier. It takes skill to attack front lines and actually survive..and it really annoys me when some of the skilled soldiers in the server actually slip past enemey lines and kill me as a sniper.

3. Pyro- I play defensive pyro and usually get the job done. Fun to burn people.

2. Demo- I like playing demo for the most part, though I usually play it when it's required of me..not when I want to.

1. Sniper- It's a no brainer (ha..I made a pun). Most people don't understand how to properly play the class and so they get offensive and blame the sniper class is a n00b class and that it takes no skill blah blah blah. If you want to know tips on how to be a TEAM Sniper just ask. It all involves spawn cycles, class kill order, and sacrifice.
I play it because it suits me and because it's something I have experience with. I started playing online as a sniper for clans in SOCOM. Moved to this game after I got fed up with hax in SOCOM 3 and I'm looking into getting back into it when Confrontation comes out Tuesday.

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

10-13-2008, 01:46 AM

(10-13-2008, 01:34 AM)cbre88x link Wrote: 9. Heavy- I just don't have the kind of 6th sense of probability like good heavies have. They know exactly when to back out of a push and I get WAY overeager when challenging your mom's hole.

fixed

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Gump
Lurker

10-13-2008, 03:42 AM

1) Spy; There's nothing I love more than attempting to evade five spazzing Pyros and Heavies to get behind their base then get glued to the wall by a random crit rocket.

2) Pyro; Mmrph, Rrmrphmrphrmph.

3) Sniper; BOOM HEADSHOT

4) Engineer; I feel sentries sort of ruin TF2 pubbing but I like the general concept.

5) Medic; backbone of any steamrolling team but it's just so damn boring. Nerf the winsaw though.  >Sad

6) Heavy; Too fat and slow, but a real room clearer. :c

7) Demoman; Blah. Nerf Stickies and force Demos to use grenades for a real show of skill.

8) Soldier; a little TOO balanced for me.

9) Scout; Scattergun's too wild for me. If Sentries were disabled in pubs I think I would scout more.

[Image: sig.php?player_id=29515&background=random]
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

10-13-2008, 04:18 AM

I <3 my scoutpistol.
also im finding myself using the needle gun a lot more.

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

10-13-2008, 04:24 AM

Dave plays TF2?  Also who's dat guy above him?

Also my class preferences have fluctuated a lot since I started, but they're mostly settled now.  I use and abuse the fuck out of Medic, especially the Blutsauger (most kills on the server with it).  My other two favourite classes are Engy and Scout, probably due to my love of the shotgun.  AFAIK I'm the only person with more kills with an Engy shotty then a sentry, as I believe sentries are there to help you distract and shoot people, not to hide behind.

Soldier and Demo are good classes, but I've never totally gotten the hang of using their projectile weaponry.  I can play Heavy most as well as anyone else, but have never been comfortable generally needing to rely on a Medic.  Pyro is fun to mess around with the air blast on, I like seeing how I can use it in combat to knock people around, though it's realistically of limited use with the huge fucking delay it gives you.  I actually do like playing offensive Sniper on maps with a lot of movement, like PL maps or Warpath2, but would never touch the thing on a largely static CTF or A/D CP map.

And as for Spy, I'd never try to play the class seriously because I could never play a class that relies so heavily on shoddy melee detection, but it is a lot of fun when I want to just screw around.  The Revolver is stupidly powerful and I have more kills with it than the knife XD.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
x
BRB, Posting

10-13-2008, 04:30 AM

(10-13-2008, 04:24 AM)Wedge link Wrote: I use and abuse the fuck out of Medic, especially the Blutsauger (most kills on the server with it).

Who wouldn't? I moaned at the time and I still think it's a joke how much more power it gave the medic. If you're well into enemy territory and your healee gets taken down that should be the end of you, it's a support class.

Quote:I can play Heavy most as well as anyone else, but have never been comfortable generally needing to rely on a Medic.

I feel that, I've always thought it must take quite a cocky player to pull off heavy because you're essentially saying "stick with me, I'm fucking awesome and worthy of a personal medic". Wasn't 'til playing this weekend that I realised having a personal medic makes you an awesome one-man-army.
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

10-13-2008, 04:37 AM

(10-13-2008, 04:30 AM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=647.msg44010#msg44010 date=1223889891]
I use and abuse the fuck out of Medic, especially the Blutsauger (most kills on the server with it).

Who wouldn't? I moaned at the time and I still think it's a joke how much more power it gave the medic. If you're well into enemy territory and your healee gets taken down that should be the end of you, it's a support class.

[/quote]

I agree it should probably do less damage then the standard needle gun, however being a Medic makes you the #1 target for the other team, so I think it's necessary for survivability of the class.

(10-13-2008, 04:30 AM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=647.msg44010#msg44010 date=1223889891]I can play Heavy most as well as anyone else, but have never been comfortable generally needing to rely on a Medic.

I feel that, I've always thought it must take quite a cocky player to pull off heavy because you're essentially saying "stick with me, I'm fucking awesome and worthy of a personal medic". Wasn't 'til playing this weekend that I realised having a personal medic makes you an awesome one-man-army.
[/quote]

It's true, it's really not a hard class to play at least competently, but unless someone I know is playing Medic, I won't play it.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.