Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Favourite Class?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scout
16.90%
12 16.90%
Soldier
12.68%
9 12.68%
Pyro
16.90%
12 16.90%
Demoman
9.86%
7 9.86%
Heavy
0%
0 0%
Engineer
8.45%
6 8.45%
Medic
16.90%
12 16.90%
Sniper
4.23%
3 4.23%
Spy
14.08%
10 14.08%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Top 9 Favo(u)rite Classes.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

10-13-2008, 04:40 AM

(10-13-2008, 04:30 AM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: "stick with me, I'm fucking awesome and worthy of a personal medic". Wasn't 'til playing this weekend that I realised having a personal medic makes you an awesome one-man-army.

suppppppppppppp

narccasicm ftw?

Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

10-13-2008, 06:22 AM

Here goes mine, 'cause you all were just dying to know. <3

9: Pyro - To me this class feels like a waste of a team spot, aside from Spy checking and which anyone who pays any attention can do by themselves.

8: Heavy - Same as Pyro, decent for spy checks (So long as his gun's wound up) and crowd control but really, a Demo/Soldier could have blown them to bits just as easily.

7: Medic - It's got it's own bit of charm to me, and I'll play it if it's vital to the team winning, but if it isn't I just get ADD and try to melee or Blutsauger instead of healing. I like to kill, not help kill.

6: Sniper - I honestly (har har) wish this were higher up on the list, I actually enjoy playing it but my lack of practice with the job makes me feel too useless to play it, which of course means I get no practice. Also I feel like a prick for body shotting people.

5: Spy - I always have a good time with Spy in Arena/CTF maps, but my competence seems to dissipate in other game modes. My face tends to attract Crit wrenches. D:

4: Engineer - Boring as all hell if you're forced to sit by your sentry, but it's great times just dicking around or going combat engi. Soldiers, meet my Crit shotgun. <3

3: Soldier - Fun to play. Even more fun watching the good Soldiers on brbu rape. Less fun trying to practice it and getting my ass beat by Radio or Jokerrrrrrrrr for the billionth damn time. *shakefist*

2: Demoman - Push button > Win game. Plus I actually use pipe bombs. Nothing beats watching an enemy Demo desperately toss stickies around while you direct hit him with two pipe bombs and call it a day.

1: Scout - He's loud, he's as frail as a graham cracker, and he's whiter than white. He's me. *nod* But really, I love the idea of a class based solely off of being smarter, more versatile, and just plain faster than your opponent.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Tricoden
Lurker

10-13-2008, 08:05 AM

List making is always fun.

9. Spy - I'm a terrible spy. It seems like every back stab I get never connects, I always get spotted no matter where I de-cloak or how un-suspicious I am. Not my kind of class.

8. Pyro - I hate pyros. I sure that's pretty common but I really, really hate pyros.

7. Fungineer - Whack, whack, whack. Oh, hai guys. Whack, whack, whack.

6. Medic - Medic is getting close to the classes I enjoy playing. I'll sometimes switch to it at the beginning of rounds just for another uber. I don't medic often but it makes me feel pretty useful when I do.

5. Heavy - I enjoy being a killing machine some times, but there's just something about the class I can't put my finger on.

4. Sniper - Pretty basic. I'm not a good sniper but I'm working on it.

3. Soldier - I really enjoy playing Soldier, but it seems like there's something stopping me from being better. I think I've actually gotten worse at the class in recent days.

2. Demoman - Ah, the OP class of TF2. I much prefer to use actual grenades, and not sticky spam. I can never seem to hit anyone with stickies, but I can manage some air shots with grenades. Probably my favorite class for sentry spam maps. (Goldrush, Dustbowl)

1. Scout - Easily my favorite and probably best class too. He was the first class I play when I got the game. Of course, I sucked and quit for 2 months, but when I came back I started to get better pretty fast. There's something about having kick ass killing power, great maneuvering, and the ability to annoy the hell out of anyone that I just can't live without.
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

10-13-2008, 01:21 PM

updated list since I last saw it.

9. Soldier- I don't know why everyone says that the soldier is an easy class. I just can't get the handle of it. Aye...

8. Medic- I use it when I have to...but everytime I go I seem to become a big fat target. I swear if a scout dominates me again....AYE.

7. Scout- This seems to be used for one reason, and one reason only. BONK. I really can't get used to the extremely low health or the "long range" status.

6. Sniper- I don't hate the sniper class, it's just that I'm not that good with it. I can usually line up headshots pretty well, but just not all the time.......AYE.

5. Engineer- I don't usually approve of aimbotting, but this is an exception.

4. Heavy- I approve of this in the name of "OMNOMNOM"

3. Pyro- EVERYTHING MUST BURN, FOR NO APPARENT REASON! HA HA HAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAH

2. Spy- I always find myself "behind enemy lines" if you know what I mean. Plus, someone will release a snake skin soon enough....I KNOW IT.

1. Demoman. I always go on a killing spree with these guys. I luv it.
Geoff
Real World Azn

10-13-2008, 02:30 PM

Playing pyro has been a lot more enjoyable for me lately, as I have been practicing Don Newman shit.  ;D

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

10-13-2008, 03:10 PM

9. Medic - I like killing people, not almost exclusively helping others kill people. Tongue

8-1 are much closer to each other than 9 is.

8. Heavy - Eh, I'd play him more, if I didn't play most of the other classes more. Tongue If I have a medic, being a walking tank is fun.
7. Scout - BONK! He's definitely fun to play as, but...I just usually like playing other classes. Pissing people off = ;D
6. Engineer - SPAH SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY.
5. Pyro - I hate enemy pyros. I love being one.
4. Demoman - stickies = ownage.
3. Sniper - *flicks bobblehead* boom, headshot.
2. Soldier - criiiiit rockets!
1. Spy - STAB. >Big Grin He's just so fun to play as.

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

10-13-2008, 03:13 PM

I'm going to say 1-8 Random, 9 Spy.  I just suck at spy and there are too many good spies for me to feel the need to get good at him.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Riosan
EPIC teamkiller

10-13-2008, 03:24 PM

9. Soldier. I'm just not very good at it, and I don't find it very fun.
8. Demoman. It's a fun class, but I just get raped by Scouts, seemingly every time I play demo.
7. Sniper. 99% of the time, I get headshotted by another Sniper before I can even scope. Sad
6. Medic. A fun class, but not as fun as 5-1.

5-1 are much closer than 9-6.

5. Scout. It's fun to run around jumping and generally annoying the other team.
4. Heavy. Boxing, civilians, turtles. What's not to love about this class.
3. Spy. Fun walking up behind heavy/medics/snipers, not fun when Pyros are mouse1 happy.
2. Engineer. whack whack whack whack
1. Pyro. It's just fun to burn things. Plus, the hadoken is the best taunt in the game.

Chief
BRB, Posting

10-13-2008, 04:07 PM

1. Spy - Only when backstabs aren't borked.
2. Engineer - Only works with a good team. SENTRAY GOIN UP
3. Soldier - Because only crits work with this class.
4. Scout - BAWNK
5. Sniper - If I don't miss your head, you = dead.
6. Demoman - No short-range weapon = dead within minutes.
7. Medic - It's a boring class just walking around healing people.
8. Heavy - DO DO DOOO DOOO, DO DO DOO DO COME SING WITH ME
9. Pyro - W + Mouse 1 NEVER works for me.

JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Lurker

10-13-2008, 05:10 PM

(06-26-2008, 07:44 PM)JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR link Wrote: In order of who I think is the best in the game/who I'm best with:
1. Soldier - all around most useful, versatile, and fun class.
2. Sniper - easiest class ever.
3. Spy - because I can disguise as my own team, totally confusing the enemy.
4. Scout - soooo overpowered
5. Demoman - soooo overpowered
6. Pyro - if it was pre-update but with the air blast, the pyro would be right next to soldier.
7. Medic - the ubersaw is kinda cool, I guess. I like playing just so I can ignore people who annoy me.
8. Engineer - a bit boring, but I like putting up random level 1s all over the place.
9. Heavy - biggest target ever, and a bit too slow. Needs moar health.

This has changed quite a bit. Pyro is now 9 and Heavy is tied with Medic. Scout and Demo switched with Sniper and Spy. Soldier is still the bestest.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

10-13-2008, 05:12 PM

9. Spy - I just suck at him, dunno why.
8. Sniper - My bad twitch reflexes combined with a shitty mouse equals me crap at him.
7. Heavy - Too slow for my liking.
6. Demoman - Except when I'm having a really good day, I'm not too good at directly hitting anyone.
5. Scout - Fun to jump around and shit, but I hate the bat.
4. Engineer - Nothing like babysitting the only thing you got good at killing people.
3. Soldier - Best all around fighter in my opinion.
2. Medic - Because I actually like being a nice guy and helping people
1. Pyro - BRING BACK BACKBURNER HEALTH BONUS DAMNIT!!!

Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

10-13-2008, 07:51 PM

I never replied? Blasphemy. In order of best to worst, for me.

Pyro - 70+ hours can't be wrong. Also, W+M1.
Soldier - MAGETS. If I get in the groove, I can fuck teams over hardcore.
Demo - See Soldier WIT YER HEADS FULL OF EYEBALLS.
Medic - I havent played him for awhile, but I can still be fairly successful when need be. Unless I keep getting raeped :<.
SpiderScoot - BAWNK is endless amusement.
Engi - I love playing Engi, but he's kind of lame when you have to BABBYsit your Sentry.
Heavy - Also fun, but I don't play him so much and I'm not that great at him.
Spy - I can Spy effectively sometimes, but not my favored class.
Sniper - FUCK YOU FEBREEZE AND YOUR HEADSHOTS. And I can't twitch aim for ass.

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

10-13-2008, 08:20 PM

(10-12-2008, 06:05 PM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: I decided to try my hand at heavy, which is officially my new favourite class. I just "pulled a Caff" on a game of Goldrush (switched to Heavy and spammed 'e' continually). Turns out there's not much to it, I was MVP each stage and finished on about 150 points. Good times.

Pyro => w + mouse1
Heavy => e + mouse1

^_^

And you're right, a good heavy is good on their own, but is near unstoppable with a good medic on them (eg: Me + Caff/Kor/Peaches back when they played Heavy a lot). Smile

Now, looking at the list I posted way back when, things have definitely changed...

1 - Medic: Still my best class by far. I still have yet to really get the hang of the needle guns (god damn overpowered blutslaughter...), but for the most part I'm still good at making an adequate team good, and a good team great. ^_^
2 - Pyro: Since playing more and more with no crits, I've come to really appreciate how valuable a good pyro can really be. The airblast of course is still great for juggling people and reflecting those oh-so-lovely crit rockets, but on maps that give more opportunities to get behind the enemy lines and/or spawn camp the backburner is invaluable.
3 - Scout: I'm finally starting to get the hang of this class... knowing what weapon to use in what situation... and most importantly, knowing when to retreat and when to just temporarily run away to find another route of attack. My aim with the scattergun still sucks, but other than that I'm becoming competent at this class.
4 - Soldier: Got the hang of single rocket jumping, but have pretty much plateaued until I really get the hang of multiple rocket jumps and master juggling.
5 - Engineer: Still can be a lot of fun when used as a frontline support class, but too often the team already has several engys so it just isn't worth fighting for sentry placement space.
6 - Sniper: Starting to get much better at pushing with this class, but my aim still needs work.
7 - Spy: Still way too streaky to take this class seriously. Fun as hell though when you get in the groove.
8 - Heavy: Want to like this class, but I'm one of those people who need a good medic, and quite often either they're off with a better player, or I'm the only good medic.
9 - Demo: I can see how people can dominate with this class, but I just haven't gotten it down yet. Sticky traps are really all I can do with it, but since I'm crap with the pipe bombs I usually wind up dieing and losing the stickies.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

10-13-2008, 11:33 PM

You can be my medic any day. :-*