Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: War
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
War, never changes
85.71%
6 85.71%
Has changed
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Weekly Event +Stuff?
DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

04-11-2013, 12:56 PM

So I was thinking... Practically no one comes to the server anymore... and I got an idea (well, I've had it for awhile now just never got a chance to use it...)

A separate world (Preferably with a new seed) that doesn't have the Chest/Furnace etc protection, or door locks that we would be encouraged to do combat in. Preferably on a faction VS faction basis. With a few rules to prevent it from being griefing, things like not breaking or stealing shit from someone who's offline/unavailable. A "fun" addition as well would be a day (No idea when, can be discussed later?) where large groups of people engage in combat or basically just a day where we fuck each other's shit up and attempt to defend against it with a handful of rules?

Ideally this wouldn't take place in the default survival world but perhaps a separate survival world? Ideas?

[Image: tumblr_lqbldlY8UP1qcdsqoo1_500.gif]
kaese
Accepts Non-Virgin Goat Sacrifices

04-11-2013, 02:39 PM

I'm down

[Image: 46qrx2X.gif]
ask me about mpreg
DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

04-12-2013, 03:50 PM

Okay, now that I'm not trying to think sleep deprived, some more clear "concepts"

The map would be used as a PVP Survival world. Build your buildings, defend against other people trying to breach your defences and steal your resources at whatever cost you damn well please. Fight back as needed, run raids, etc. The person being attacked would need to be online at the time so that it's not "legalized greifing" (Unless of course you're willing to agree to being attacked while offline Tongue)

The "Weekly Event" would be a bit more complicated. There would be Two primary factions as well as several smaller factions, we can name them later.

Faction A and B, the primary factions would be at a state of war. Persons in either would generally be 'hostile' to one another and killing them on sight, while possibly irritating, wouldn't be considered "bad". Persons in Faction A fighting persons in Faction A would be considered "bad" obviously. (And vice versa)

A "raider" style group could also prove amusing. The "leader" of the raider group(s?) would have final say in their "rules" (and be expected to follow them) but the general idea is the raiders would lead (small) fights against factions A, B, other raider groups, and possibly neutral parties.

Everyone in the server would start as a "Neutral" party. You're by yourself, and you rule yourself. Should you wish to, you may decide to join one of the other factions within reason. (You can't be in Faction A and B, you can't be in Faction A and still neutral... Raider Spies as well as informants for either group could prove interesting...)

Those in the Primary factions obviously wouldn't be running off to fuck with Neutral factions unless they decided to move in on that particular faction's territory. (EG: You in the Neutral Faction decide you're going to build your home in the middle of Faction A's fortress, obviously this is unacceptable and faction A would be in the right to strike you down.) If someone from Faction A were to be strolling though Faction B's territory, and were spotted by someone in Faction B, that person would be in the right to strike Faction A's member down. Bandits however I'd be interested to see this done in an odd way... Just for amusement. Because I'm poor with explanations, I'll give another situation.

A bandit is wandering about near or in Faction A's territory. They're cutting down trees, collecting dirt, but not doing (visibly) anything major, in other words they're effectively Neutral. If someone in Faction A were to run over and strike them down, the person in Faction A would be in the wrong. Bandits, unless they recently did something foul and were caught, are to be treated as Neutral. If someone decides they're going to attack a bandit "because they looked suspicious" The bandit commander is welcome to lead an assault, etc on the offending faction.

Bandit Raids will be tricky, since "announcing them" (EG, Today's Minecraft War event: Bandit Raid) would defeat the purpose, I'm not sure how to handle them, but if they're going to be any bigger than a guy sneaking in and stealing a few things, that problem will need to be solved. Which brings me to Faction Wars, I'm not sure how to announce "ambushes" because again, announcing an ambush would defeat the purpose. But regular combat would be simple, Faction A tells an admin they'll be attacking Faction B on the event day, and the admin makes a private note of it. Come the event day, the admin announces the plans for that day. EG: Faction A is attacking Faction B. The commanders may then decide how to divvy up forces but if Faction B did not declare an assault to an admin, they may not make one. If both parties wish to attack one another on the same day, they may. Again, the faction commanders will decide who to send where.

Each of the Major factions will need a moderator of sorts, ideally these people would be that faction's leader. These moderators would report to an impartial administrator. The moderators would know what is going on inside their particular faction, without revealing spies to both parties. The impartial administrator (Most likely FlyingMongoose?) would be the only person who "knows" everything, that way if someone should decide to break the rules, we're not completely in the dark as to who did it or how to punish them.

It would probably be worthwhile to have a publicly available map that's updated after each weekly event that clearly defines territory as well as areas in dispute. I personally would prefer a randomly generated map (with pre-built structures) to conduct our "war" on as to prevent anyone from having pre-existing knowledge of the map. Of course you would be welcome to keep your own maps, the public map is just a suggestion.

On the Territory, a simple ruleset. Any buildings or otherwise easily visible structures, that are occupied will be "Fortified" territory. Basically very much obviously belonging to one faction. A single chunk in any direction of that structure would also be considered part of that territory, anything else is not considered "owned." Should there be two structures that belong to opposing factions, or buildings that are currently under siege will be considered "in dispute" where you'll basically be allowed to kill members of the opposing faction without too much concern. Neutral territory will function on the same principal as faction territory except it's not "fortified" Bandits are the only ones that can put Neutral territory into dispute (An example of this would be during a "war" event a bandit group went to a neutral town and began raiding it or otherwise damaging it.)

Which brings me to my (Hopefully last) point. Neutral "groups" such as a small town of people who grouped together would become, in effect a faction of their own requiring a moderator. However Neutral groups wouldn't be able to lead attacks, just defend themselves or possibly ally themselves with the primary factions, or cut deals with the bandit faction(s).

Nothing there is concrete... Hell I'm willing to bet most of it isn't exactly understandable, but hopefully it'll make things, if only slightly, more understandable. I'm open to suggestions. Obviously these would only apply to the "war" map and assaulting one another in Ignus as well as the other "worlds" would be considered "bad"

Edit: Holy mother of god sorry for the text wall people.

Trevor266
N00b

04-12-2013, 09:13 PM

Sounds sick, i'd play it Big Grin
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

04-13-2013, 12:10 AM

I'm guessing trying to be a Neutral party that's a trade outpost in that would be crazy huh?

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

04-13-2013, 12:50 AM

(04-13-2013, 12:10 AM)Reevesith link Wrote: I'm guessing trying to be a Neutral party that's a trade outpost in that would be crazy huh?

Could be interesting, could be very interesting indeed. Amazingly enough I'm undecided on what role I wish to play as of yet... Though I do know how I'm going to play it. XD
that is of course assuming this all works out and we get our 'war'

FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

04-13-2013, 11:10 AM

I would look to try to get a plugin to handle a lot of this. (There are some faction handling plugins already actually). I'll turn PVP off in the main world. And this world would probably be open PVP with , quite frankly, do whatever you want, to whoever you want. I can see if I can automate the "no destruction without being online" for a person's set "home". But not sure. And I probably would not pre-determine a map... would become too tedious to do week after week.

Also, user generated factions can work too. Make it MMO-Esque. If we get enough people playing I'll up the slot count.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

04-13-2013, 12:56 PM

(04-13-2013, 11:10 AM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: I would look to try to get a plugin to handle a lot of this. (There are some faction handling plugins already actually). I'll turn PVP off in the main world. And this world would probably be open PVP with , quite frankly, do whatever you want, to whoever you want. I can see if I can automate the "no destruction without being online" for a person's set "home". But not sure. And I probably would not pre-determine a map... would become too tedious to do week after week.

Also, user generated factions can work too. Make it MMO-Esque. If we get enough people playing I'll up the slot count.

Not so sure adding a bunch of plugins would be a good idea. It would at the least increase the "usage" of whatever the server uses, on top of that if we run it on 'good faith' I get the feeling people will be more likely to turn in their own if they fuck up.

FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

04-14-2013, 11:50 AM

I honestly would rather automate the process is what I'm saying. Besides there already IS a bunch of plugins on the server.

DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

04-14-2013, 11:52 AM

(04-14-2013, 11:50 AM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: I honestly would rather automate the process is what I'm saying. Besides there already IS a bunch of plugins on the server.

Is it at all possible it keep the faction lists secret? Otherwise "Spies" won't be possible

FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

04-14-2013, 12:11 PM

Probably. I'll have to look... or if you want to look
http://plugins.bukkit.org/

DragonEkarus
BRB, Posting

04-17-2013, 12:45 AM

(04-14-2013, 12:11 PM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: Probably. I'll have to look... or if you want to look
http://plugins.bukkit.org/
...I still think we'll be better off without plugins... Not finding anything that'll fit the whole 'spy' concept nor neutral parties, shit like that...

Azure_Angel
Lurker

04-23-2013, 03:14 AM

I'd be down for this. I remember the psudo-competition I tried to create with hidden houses had a good turn out for the first couple days. I've always wanted to expand it and make it better (easier too).

[Image: tumblr_leg7vzNCYq1qe0eclo1_r4_500.gif][Image: I7jRGM7.gif]
Quote:I vote that we always type in different colors now.
Verdie7458
N00b

10-20-2013, 11:38 PM

I know.