Hello There, Guest! Register

I dont know how often you check this but..
Jonaphat
N00b

05-14-2013, 06:51 PM

I think there may be a problem with the spawn. it wont let me walk through it.
Didzo
Uninstalling

05-14-2013, 06:57 PM

Have you tried pressing W?

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Jonaphat
N00b

05-14-2013, 08:31 PM

everyone is an asshole. What is the point in posting anything on this forum people just treat you like shit.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

05-14-2013, 09:09 PM

They do this because the answers are already available for the questions you are asking.
Kor
Crits = Skill

05-14-2013, 09:12 PM

I just want you to know, that more often that not, opening a dialogue with a group of people that know nothing about you, starts with 'Hello'.

It starts with a desire to exchange information, without bias, in a manner befitting of goodwill and cooperation.

It does not start with:  

(05-14-2013, 04:01 PM)Jonaphat link Wrote: Yea

(05-14-2013, 04:01 PM)Jonaphat link Wrote: i posted on the site, how come im not a member? i read the rules and what not. Another thing. i have noticed that no one is hardly ever on the server. Is it just a dead server now or what?
Thanks

(05-14-2013, 06:38 PM)Jonaphat link Wrote: Big help thanks guys xD, but really im still not a member

(05-14-2013, 08:34 PM)Jonaphat link Wrote: Okay, lets all be dicks and not actually help. Thanks ass holes.

Not once, did you manage address your problem in a manner that would have engendered cooperation. You posted your expectations of complete strangers, with no preface, or gratitude.

If you do not possess the intellectual wherewithal to comprehend why no one wished to help you, allow me to grant you some insight. You presented yourself so poorly and with so little tact, that everyone chose to not identify with your problem.

To imagine, had you started with 'Hello', and displayed a level of civility expected of all human beings within an established community, people would have gladly aided you.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

05-15-2013, 01:52 AM

Also, in your "introduction" thread. You asked for the same help.

I asked if you had read the Server Info thread. Which you claim to have done. You clearly have not, else this thread would not still be ongoing. In fact, it is clearly stickied and named "Server Information (And Gaining Access)"

If you read it, in its entirety. You will find your answer. This is actually the same response I gave you before. In fact one of my responses even directly answered your question without need for visiting that thread.

So not only did you not provide tact in your inquiry, you also ignored the responses that were given, and given accurately.

I will also go further to point out the system in place was put in place to do 2 things.

1: To emphasize someone's ability to be self sufficient. There is no test or anything like that for joining the server now. Not anywhere near as complex as there was before.
(You have managed to turn it into a test, and have proven the lack of ability to be self sufficient).

2: To drive people to register on the forums so that they can then find out how to play within the Minecraft server. Basically you can not have "Member" access without registering with the server, as well as being registered on the forums. It is an at minimum 2 step process, all of which is detailed in the thread indicated above.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 01:55 AM by FlyingMongoose.)
Jonaphat
N00b

05-16-2013, 07:39 PM

i have already done this once. i though maybe you guys would have remembered me, in my first post i talk about all kinds of stuff and it does not start with "yea". Why are you guys being so technical with a minecraft server when you obviously know i know the rules. Your just being stubborn, which is ok i understand that you want to enforce your rules. But you know i was a former member, i was a moderator for the longest time, then i became an admin. But you are going out of your way to make this difficult. Which is fine. I really liked this server and the people that played it. But now everything has completely changed. I had already clicked the link and typed my name in and nothing ever happened. I guess you can see where the confusion came from. I just retyped it in.
Didzo
Uninstalling

05-16-2013, 08:45 PM

(05-16-2013, 07:39 PM)Jonaphat link Wrote: i have already done this once. i though maybe you guys would have remembered me, in my first post i talk about all kinds of stuff and it does not start with "yea". Why are you guys being so technical with a minecraft server when you obviously know i know the rules. Your just being stubborn, which is ok i understand that you want to enforce your rules. But you know i was a former member, i was a moderator for the longest time, then i became an admin. But you are going out of your way to make this difficult. Which is fine. I really liked this server and the people that played it. But now everything has completely changed. I had already clicked the link and typed my name in and nothing ever happened. I guess you can see where the confusion came from. I just retyped it in.

Yes we specifically made the process more difficult just for you, even after your cordial introduction. We completely ignored your help thread titled "Minecraft Server Help Needed" with an opening post that read: "I read through the instructions, tried registering on the website link provided at the bottom, but still cannot seem to leave spawn. Did I miss any steps in the process, and if so, can someone please point me in the right direction? Also, I haven't seen anyone else online when I tried playing so I was wondering how active the server is in general. Thanks for your help guys!" This of course makes us all complete assholes, especially when you were a moderator and admin (positions gained through displays of tact, competency, an understanding of the server mechanics, and an acute awareness of the server community dynamics and not of blood relations to the server provider, of course) at the time when the server was at its best and not at the time when it collapsed and alienated just about the entire BRBU community. We're such stubborn assholes over here and I'm sorry you have to put up with that.

Oh wait... seems as if I made a mistake. Upon further research, none of the above is actually true! Except the whole us being assholes bit. But if you cared to look around you would notice that the assholery in your thread is in good spirit and common in almost every thread.

You have restrained and informative posts made by Luin, Kor, and FlyingMongoose relating to your concerns that you seem to have completely ignored.

Don't be a shit and pull your head out of your ass.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2013, 01:56 PM by Didzo.)
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

05-16-2013, 09:13 PM

(05-16-2013, 08:45 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Jonaphat link=topic=6948.msg266870#msg266870 date=1368751195]
i have already done this once. i though maybe you guys would have remembered me, in my first post i talk about all kinds of stuff and it does not start with "yea". Why are you guys being so technical with a minecraft server when you obviously know i know the rules. Your just being stubborn, which is ok i understand that you want to enforce your rules. But you know i was a former member, i was a moderator for the longest time, then i became an admin. But you are going out of your way to make this difficult. Which is fine. I really liked this server and the people that played it. But now everything has completely changed. I had already clicked the link and typed my name in and nothing ever happened. I guess you can see where the confusion came from. I just retyped it in.

Yes we specifically made the process more difficult just for you, even after your cordial introduction. We completely ignored your help thread titled "Minecraft Server Help Needed" with an opening post that read: "I read through the instructions, tried registering on the website link provided at the bottom, but still cannot seem to leave spawn. Did I miss any steps in the process, and if so, can someone please point me in the right direction? Also, I haven't seen anyone else online when I tried playing so I was wondering how active the server is in general. Thanks for your help guys!" This of course makes us all complete assholes, especially when you were a moderator and admin (positions gained through displays of tact, competency, an understanding of the server mechanics, and an acute awareness of the server community dynamics and not of blood relations to the server provider, of course) at the time when the server was at its best and not at the time when it collapsed and alienated just about the entire BRBU community. We're such stubborn assholes over here and I'm sorry you have to put up with that.

[Image: YR3SXLe.gif]

Oh wait... seems as if I made a mistake. Upon further research, none of the above is actually true! Except the whole us being assholes bit. But if you cared to look around you would notice that the assholery in your thread is in good spirit and common in almost every thread.

You have restrained and informative posts made by Luin, Kor, and FlyingMongoose relating to your concerns that you seem to have completely ignored.

Don't be a shit and pull your head out of your ass.
[/quote]

Smooches :-*
Jonaphat
N00b

05-16-2013, 10:59 PM

Don't look at it from my point of view at all man. when 1,000,000 people are overloading the forum with bullshit answers. It gets a little frustrating. Ok MY MISTAKE, Im sorry for calling anyone in the community an asshole. I just wanted to play on the damn server again. but instead i get on bad terms with everyone over a misunderstanding. But this is me apologizing. So please stop bashing me. 
rumsfald

05-17-2013, 04:28 AM

[Image: 37905333.jpg]
Duck, Duck, Goose

05-21-2013, 07:30 AM

Minecraft still has a sub-forum? ???
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

05-21-2013, 09:08 AM

Of course, and I run the minecraft server.

Duck, Duck, Goose

05-23-2013, 09:14 AM

(05-21-2013, 09:08 AM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: Of course, and I run the minecraft server.
[Image: srsly-40514.jpg]

FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

05-23-2013, 09:54 AM

Feel free to join us, and Jonaphat, I have looked into the database, it shows you as registered. Not sure why it won't give you access.

Duck, Duck, Goose

05-23-2013, 09:58 AM

(05-23-2013, 09:54 AM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: Feel free to join us, and Jonaphat, I have looked into the database, it shows you as registered. Not sure why it won't give you access.
I thought the server died when demonspork quit. Kinda surprising it's still up and people still play. Think I will join ya for a bit! Big Grin
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

05-23-2013, 10:31 AM

He did shut it down. I started a new one.