Hello There, Guest! Register

My new games
Chooly
BRB, Posting

03-30-2008, 12:20 PM

I had rented Ghost Squad from blockbuster, and if you don't return the game in a month from when you rented the price of the game is charged to your acct, so I have Ghost Squad now. Looking through the used games bin I also came away with Metal Slug 4-5, Silent Hill 2, Tony Hawks Underground, and GTA 3 which I'm returning because I was lied to by the 'claim' of a "Double Pack" on the sleeve. Total "Bullshit" if you "Ask Me".

I'm so bad at Metal Slug it makes me wonder how many coins have been pumped into those arcade machines to reach the last mission by guys like me.

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2008, 12:22 PM by Chooly.)
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

03-30-2008, 12:46 PM

You must get lucky, I can never find anything good in those used bins at a rental place Sad

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

03-30-2008, 01:01 PM

What did you think of Ghost Squad? I kind of liked it, but not enough to keep it. :p

I actually went to Blockbuster and actually found a few games I wouldn't mind picking up. I have way too many games on the go right now though, so I passed.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Vandamguy

03-30-2008, 04:00 PM

ghost squad was actually pretty good.
tey did capture the arcade feel of the agme , it only takes about 10 minutes to finish the game.

that's where the replay value comes in to the game , if everything (graphics , sound , music ) was ranked on the slanted jim sterling destructoid scale to a 4 out of 10 , then the gameplay ( including replay ) would be a 10.

there are multiple branched paths for each of the 3 missions. playing through a stage multiple times will "level" up the stage and unlock access to different areas. ex: mission one changed from a day mission to a night mission at later levels.

in addition to the stage branches, there were many different gun types to be unlocked ( didnt get them all ). Estimate wold put the number of unlockable guns at 25ish. Hand guns, like a desert eagle , or colt 45. Sub machine guns , like p90. assault rifles , sniper rifles, shotguns.

there was also costume unlocks, which were just ascetic(sp) and had no effect on the gameplay.

if you wanted to enjoy it,  you would have to know that it was an arcade port , and not to take it seriously.  I had more fun playing ghost squad than i did playing RE: umbrella chronicles.
Chooly
BRB, Posting

03-30-2008, 05:21 PM

Right, Vandam's on point and even though multiple runthoughs to change the same map, only dark is kinda WTF that's needling a game that should be played brain off.
What's more is I actually only have the game becuase over a month and it's yours @ BBuster. Dosn't top the record 150+ dollar late fee a friend racked up though.

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

03-31-2008, 04:03 PM

Sounds like a story behind that one...