Hello There, Guest! Register

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-24-2008, 05:16 PM

Fire Emblem is pretty good, but having like one fight command (it's been a while since I've played) kinda sucks. I liked being able to kinda combine abilities from one class in FFTA with another job. For example, my Moogle with the Mog Knight job can learn Ultima Charge; as a Mog Knight, he can only equip melee weapons. As a Gunner, though, he has the longest range attacks in the game, and can use his Ultima Charge (and other melee abilities) with his gun. Well, the Illusionist and Gadgeteer jobs have kinda longer ranges, but their abilities/spells affect the whole map.

ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

04-24-2008, 05:18 PM

I generally love most tactics games, and a while back I picked up one for the DS I had never heard of called Hoshigami: Remix.  It is not only incredibly difficult, but also incredibly unintuitive.  So, if you too are a fan of tactics games, don't pick that one up :p

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-24-2008, 06:49 PM

(04-24-2008, 08:34 AM)negate link Wrote: So wedge likes his party members to die permanently?

No, I don't actually.  Which is why I'm forced to use genuine strategy.  To be fair though, that IS actually the reason I quit Path of Radiance.  My healer got killed in the last few turns of a 4 part map which you cannot save on at all.

Which brings me to Rondo of Swords, which is awesome and better than Fire Emblem so far.  They fixed the perma death thing, and made it so characters are "Hurt" if you try to use them in the next battle, which halves all their stats.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Versus

04-24-2008, 06:50 PM

Oh shit, I was looking at that just now. I'm "acquiring" it atm. Wink

Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

04-24-2008, 11:38 PM

I love when my party members die permanently.  It adds more to the tactics.  No simple "LOL, im going to rush in and attack with my Knight" and then "Woops, he got his ass kicked.  Good thing I can bring him back!".

Makes you actually have to think about what you are doing. 

@Wedge:  How is the story in Rondo Swords so far?  It looked like a fun tactics game but the screens looked a bit "light hearted" and I've been wanting something with a more darker, political strife imbued story that usually comes from Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre...
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-25-2008, 01:04 AM

Not as deep as Ogre Saga, but there's some politicing and death going on so far.  I wasn't really expecting much from the plot, so I find it good enough.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Versus

04-25-2008, 02:58 PM

Savestates with my Supercard > any game that doesn't let you save during battles. Smile