Hello There, Guest! Register

Favorite food/recipes
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-11-2008, 10:14 AM

I've had that tragic at a deli by my house.  Of course they don't get all fancy they just take two slices of challah and slap some stuff in the middle and make french toast.  It is pretty delicious, but we are trying to stay healthy-ish. (Read my wife is trying to lose weight and I am being supportive by not eating stuff that would tempt her)

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Kor
Crits = Skill

04-11-2008, 10:34 AM

Banana's won't work sadly, if you pick a fruit, make sure it has enough juice in it it slightly crystallize when being cooked. The goal is to have the fruit stay intact while cooking, and for presentation. Apples could do it, use the crisper/milder ones, like Mutsu(aka Crispin) or Yellow Delicious.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Surf314

04-11-2008, 10:40 AM

(04-11-2008, 10:34 AM)Kor link Wrote: Banana's won't work sadly, if you pick a fruit, make sure it has enough juice in it it slightly crystallize when being cooked. The goal is to have the fruit stay intact while cooking, and for presentation. Apples could do it, use the crisper/milder ones, like Mutsu(aka Crispin) or Yellow Delicious.

Interesting, I'm still trying to find a use for red bananas.  I'm trying to branch out in my banana awareness.

Kor
Crits = Skill

04-11-2008, 11:10 AM

(04-11-2008, 10:40 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: I'm trying to branch out in my banana awareness.

Fair warning: Any puns, be them intentional or otherwise, will be dealt with  >Sad

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

04-11-2008, 12:06 PM

He can still try the banana's at least Kor, y'never know :3. Experimentation in cooking is what leads to new recipes. You could do banana's foster stuffed french toast *nod*

Mayhaps some berries would work?

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

04-11-2008, 12:56 PM

(04-11-2008, 10:14 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: I've had that tragic at a deli by my house.  Of course they don't get all fancy they just take two slices of challah and slap some stuff in the middle and make french toast.  It is pretty delicious, but we are trying to stay healthy-ish. (Read my wife is trying to lose weight and I am being supportive by not eating stuff that would tempt her)

I hope shes exercising a hell of a lot too.  I know some people don't have the time but it annoys me when people try to stay true to losing weight with a diet but don't do any sort of exercising at all.  Hell I have eaten unhealthy all my life and I have remained my "figure" from High School due to running and assorted athletics.  But I guess that depends on your genetics and metabolism as well.

There are also light cream cheeses that do have a lot of reduced fat in them and I guess you can skimp on the sugar?  Otherwise I agree and you should skip out on the cream cheese then.
Surf314

04-11-2008, 03:01 PM

Yea she works out like crazy now.

HuckBerryGee
Lurker

04-12-2008, 09:16 AM

Seafood, it's where it's at. Fried calamaris, shrimps, lobsters(if I wasn't such a poor man I'd probably eat it everyday, steamed) and Fish.
I also like everything that's on BBQ, I like my Steak Rare or Blue, Rare on BBQ. If it wasn't for diseases, I'd eat it raw, eat it like it should be eaten, DAMN YOU appendix!

vegetables are for pussies

[Image: sanitymaskswirl1.gif]
Surf314

04-12-2008, 01:08 PM

Kor's french toast recipe is straight win!! The only issue is judging the serving size, I ate two and am so damn full.  My wife could only eat one.  It was very good.  Of course it helps I made it with a loaf of brioche from my local bakery  Big Grin

Kor
Crits = Skill

04-12-2008, 02:35 PM

(04-12-2008, 01:08 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Kor's french toast recipe is straight win!! The only issue is judging the serving size, I ate two and am so damn full.  My wife could only eat one.  It was very good.  Of course it helps I made it with a loaf of brioche from my local bakery  Big Grin

Super awesome, I was going to say that 2 is all you wanted on a plate.

Glad to hear they were a hit!

Vandamguy

04-12-2008, 02:53 PM

for your wife ?

do the ol hotdog in a bun trick.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-12-2008, 02:55 PM

Tonight, I will compare Sour Cream and Onion Pringles with the Stax equivalent. While playing TF2, of course.

Surf314

04-15-2008, 01:43 PM

Hey so I had the most tasty thing at the deli this past weekend.  It was two pieces of toast topped with potatoes and eggs smothered in sausage gravy.  You can also switch out the toast for biscuits.

Also there is a similar latin-ish dish I get from this other place that does amazing sunday brunches.  Its just a big pile of potatoes, black beans, corn, eggs and ropa vieja on top.  Through some hot sauce on top and you are set.

Speaking of big piles of food thats tasty.  A Japanese dish that I like is called the Katsu Don.  Its a bowl of rice topped with stir fried onions, chicken katsu and a fried egg.  Then they put some teriyaki type sauce all over.  It's delicious.  Some friends and I used to go to this restaurant just for that once or twice a month.

Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

04-15-2008, 01:48 PM

(04-15-2008, 01:43 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Hey so I had the most tasty thing at the deli this past weekend.  It was two pieces of toast topped with potatoes and eggs smothered in sausage gravy.  You can also switch out the toast for biscuits.

Also there is a similar latin-ish dish I get from this other place that does amazing sunday brunches.  Its just a big pile of potatoes, black beans, corn, eggs and ropa vieja on top.  Through some hot sauce on top and you are set.

Speaking of big piles of food thats tasty.  A Japanese dish that I like is called the Katsu Don.  Its a bowl of rice topped with stir fried onions, chicken katsu and a fried egg.  Then they put some teriyaki type sauce all over.  It's delicious.  Some friends and I used to go to this restaurant just for that once or twice a month.

When it comes to Japanese food there is this awesome Sushi bar by my house.  They have what they call a "King Roll"  which is Lobster tempura with crab meat and caviar wrapped in rice and a seaweed wrap.  Great stuff.  And that first thing you mentioned sounds awesome.  It sounds like a biscuits and gravy sandwiche with has browns and eggs all in one.
Surf314

04-15-2008, 01:50 PM

Yea it's called on heck of a mess, and the name don't lie.  I never ordered it before because I was scared.  Plus I usually do not like gravy.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-17-2008, 05:49 PM

Going out for nachos and beef enchiladas. Big Grin

rumsfald

04-17-2008, 08:52 PM

I make a mean:
coq au vin
meatloaf (yes, I grind my own meat. No, no puns)
bbq meatballs
smoked chicken salad (cameron's stovetop smoker, with grapes)
pan fried chicken (adapted from alton brown's recipe, search foodtv)
roasted beets (served cold with a good gorgonzola and carmelized/spiced walnuts)
lamb lollipops (mmm, cherry)
creamy colcannon (with brussel sprouts, and, of course, bacon)
mac and cheese (with bechemel base and fried lol american topping)
salt dome fish (again, a la` alton brown)

I used to make a mean Pierogi (from scratch), but it's been 4 or so years since I tried that. home-made pasta/dumplings is so good, but time consuming.

Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

04-17-2008, 09:25 PM

Rummy...

Are you ASKING FOR A CHALLENGE?

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

Surf314

04-18-2008, 09:43 AM

(04-17-2008, 09:25 PM)Luca Shoal link Wrote: Rummy...

Are you ASKING FOR A CHALLENGE?

DO IT DO IT DO IT!

Surf314

04-18-2008, 11:34 AM

Im currently eating a spicy oatmeal cranberry cookie, and this board is dead.  Also I'm spying on you people.  My boss isn't here and my motivation is gone.

The cookie is quite tasty though.