Hello There, Guest! Register

Official Titan Quest Wednesday Post
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

04-15-2008, 10:46 PM

Alright.  Wednesday is almost upon us so I might as well get this started.  Vandam and I have posted amongst my many Titan Quest posts about the information on Titan Quest Wednesday.  Might as well reiterate though:

First:  I would like to schedule this for around 8pm central time.  Work is being gay this week and I have to stay late.  Talk amongst yourselves if that will work or not.

Secondly:  Here is how to get Titan quest working for co-op wednesdays (from Vandam)

1: download and install Hamachi. Link here.
2: Run hamachi ( close the tips window ) and press the power button in the bottom left
3: Click on the networks icon in the bottom right ( the triangle )
4: Join an existing network, network name: Titantoid password: alsococks
5: see us on the list? guud.
6: re-organize your intertube connections so that hamachi is at the top of the list.
      how?
      6a: Click start, and go to settings.
      6b: Go to network connections
      6c: Click Advanced , then Advanced Settings
      6d: Select the Hamachi adaptor from the 'Connections' box
      6e: Use the UP arrow to the right to shift the Hamachi adaptor to the top position, so basically it's the first one
      6f: Click OK
      6g: Reboot the PC (changes won't take effect until the system is restarted)

Congrats, now you can join the game when you have installed it

7: download Buy it for 20$ or, borrow or, steal a copy of titan quest, and the expansion Immortal throne
8: Install Titan Quest
9: Install the 1.30 patch Available here
10: Install Immortal throne
11: launch game and watch epic unskippable intro movie.
12: click "play titan quest", create a dude.
13: Join multiplayer, make sure the LAN button is enabled, then Start. you should come to a lobby with a game ( or two! ) showing.
14: entur the game

Then there is the issue of people playing. I've heard from some people that they want to play for the sake of the story and finding things out on their own while others just want to get into the grind and say "Screw the story".  So since we probably will have more than 6 people interested post if you are down for playing and if you are in for the story or if you are just in it for the grind.  That way we can separate those who want to follow/listen to every quest and those who just want to kill and level and get items.

Also, feel free to post what kind of character you want to play as.  For example, KOR is pretty much playing the damage dealing melee, Vandam is going to be the archer type and im going to be the Tank/meat shield.

So yeah post if you are interested and we will see you on wednesday?
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-15-2008, 11:33 PM

If you are running this do you want officer on the steam group to make the announcement?

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Tragic Hero

04-15-2008, 11:51 PM

Yes please.  It would provide much assistance  ;D
Vandamguy

04-16-2008, 06:47 AM

ready to wednesday !

me wonts to explore every square centimeter of the map and listen to the story lines. and ill be playing a Hunter/Storm mage (pew pew arrows imbued with freezing properties )

some of the formatting was lost in tragics copy pasta

we'll be playing on the most recent patch Available here
and
You can buy it on steam for 20$
and
Code:
http://m0008.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_titan_quest.shtml#Titan%20Quest%20v1.30%20[MULTI]%20No-DVD%20Patch
use this if you dont want to get your dvd scratched up.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

04-16-2008, 01:06 PM

I already made a Steam announcement.  Do you have to have the expansion to play with people who do?  I have 17 hours left to download the expansion.

Tragic Hero

04-16-2008, 01:10 PM

(04-16-2008, 01:06 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: I already made a Steam announcement.  Do you have to have the expansion to play with people who do?  I have 17 hours left to download the expansion.

Good question.  I think you need the expansion if the other players are using said expansion.  Otherwise we would all have to play regular TQ until next time when you have the expansion.  I am not for that since ventrillo doesn't like to work when I am running regular TQ window'd but if the general consensus is that we can play regular TQ and play with the expansion next week than I can make the sacrifice.
ToiletDuck
BRB, Posting

04-16-2008, 01:12 PM

(04-16-2008, 01:10 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=125.msg2956#msg2956 date=1208369202]
I already made a Steam announcement.  Do you have to have the expansion to play with people who do?  I have 17 hours left to download the expansion.

Good question.  I think you need the expansion if the other players are using said expansion.  Otherwise we would all have to play regular TQ until next time when you have the expansion.  I am not for that since ventrillo doesn't like to work when I am running regular TQ window'd but if the general consensus is that we can play regular TQ and play with the expansion next week than I can make the sacrifice.
[/quote]

how is vent when you run it fullscreen?

[Image: vhs51j.gif]
[Image: rrmvpd.gif]
[Image: 5wfajm.gif]
[Image: 33cmd7m.gif]
[Image: s3g8xs.gif]
[Image: 2dmbam1.gif]
[Image: 1e5tuv.gif]
[Image: 1fzo94.jpg]
Tragic Hero

04-16-2008, 01:25 PM

I never tried it in fear of not working.  It works just fine when I run Immortal throne windowed.  Perhaps I will give it a shot at full screen after work.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

04-16-2008, 01:28 PM

I looked at the Wikipedia page, and it appears that Immortal Throne doesn't add a whole lot to the game, mostly just a few new classes and a fourth act that there is no chance we'll get to in one night.  Also, I saw that there is a large bug in Immortal Throne that is especially prevalent for those who *borrowed* their game copy.  Check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_Quest...cal_Issues  If anyone really cares about it I'll concede to their wishes, but it looks like we'd be just fine playing with the original.

Tragic Hero

04-16-2008, 01:34 PM

The rubberbanding somewhat exists but its not as bad as said wikipedia user makes it out to be.  And I do believe he is full of shit on the quests since I have beaten the game about 5 times and every quest completed correctly every time.

And Immortal Throne adds plenty to the game:  10+ hours of gameplay, new items, artifacts, a new class, the caravan driver (who is extremely useful since you find plenty of gear/relics/charms along the way and have nowhere to storm them except on your character without the caravan) and the level cap raised to 75.  From my experience it is definetly worth a couple moments of "rubber banding"
Vandamguy

04-16-2008, 06:51 PM

bump with player compatability list

without expansion:
eschatos
versus

with:
Kor
vandam
toiletduck
tragic
exanimo

unknown:
surf
greatbacon

has expansion , but not original:
chooly

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

04-17-2008, 06:54 AM

Hmmm... would've been nice if I could've made it. Sad

I desperately needed sleep though, which probably wasn't helped by watching all 22 minutes of "Everybody Loves Hypnotoad" for the first time as soon as I got home. Tongue

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Tragic Hero

04-17-2008, 08:04 AM

Hah.  ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD!
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

04-17-2008, 12:10 PM

(04-17-2008, 08:04 AM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Hah.  ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD!

Seriously, it was nuts. Picture a full length tv show: commercials, intro, credits, scene changes, the occasional audience reaction. Except instead of any content it's just the Hypnotoad staring at you.

That along is almost worth buying Bender's Big Score. :p

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Tragic Hero

04-17-2008, 12:48 PM

I thought benders big score was a worthy buy.  I was expecting a whole lot more but I laughed a good amount during it. 
exanimo

04-17-2008, 01:30 PM

ANYway. I'd like to be strict nature/wanderer healer person. K thanks bye.