Hello There, Guest! Register

Titan Quest Network Problems in Vista
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

05-07-2008, 10:03 PM

So I was ready to wednesday and TQ crapped out.  I though it was a Himachi issue so I troubleshooted that for a while.  But then I noticed I couldn't do anything network related without getting "network problems detected" error.  Some internet sleuthing revealed lots of Vista users were getting this error, with no decent fix.  It happens to them seemingly at random and it either goes away or it doesn't.  I've tried everything, turning off firewalls messing with internet settings, messing with himachi.  Nothing works.

So calling all Vista users or people familiar with networking.  Does anyone know what the hell is going on?  I bought 2 copies of this game off steam to play with my wife and the community and now my copy is useless because I don't want to play by myself.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  VandamGuy is going to try and troubleshoot tommorow.  I'm really upset about this.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

05-07-2008, 10:09 PM

You're running your vista on a mac, right? I know a lot of people running vista with parallels on a mac have network problems with both os' running simultaneously. Is that you or are you using bootcamp or something like that?

Vandamguy

05-07-2008, 10:30 PM

i told ya not to buy it Tongue
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-08-2008, 12:15 AM

Lol, try XP. Tough break Surf, your computer troubles never end. I feel for ya.  :-[

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Surf314

05-08-2008, 06:54 AM

(05-07-2008, 10:09 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: You're running your vista on a mac, right? I know a lot of people running vista with parallels on a mac have network problems with both os' running simultaneously. Is that you or are you using bootcamp or something like that?

I'm running it through boot camp.  I found countless threads of people with the same problem and no fix.  It seems to be a vista issue.

Vandamguy

05-08-2008, 07:01 AM

TQIT network settings. ( using vista )

Vanilla IT install, Vanilla Hamachi install. = can see game but black screen reloading over and over when i join

Changed network settings to enable Hamachi at the top of the list = Can see game, and join game as well.

sorry surfy , it works for me in vista after that step.

tried joining Kors game like  you were trying to do to allondras yesterday and no problems
tried hosting a game and making kor join, no problem.

this is all of course being done through the LAN multiplayer if we aren't clear on that.

i will try to test with other people through the day to see if they can join. to see if the fact that kor and i are on a real LAN has any effect.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-08-2008, 07:46 AM

There some network optimizer bullcrap built into vista that you might want to turn off, it kept me from accessing the server's FTP when I was at home.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
ToiletDuck
BRB, Posting

05-08-2008, 07:56 AM

was the "network discovery" option enabled in the network settings? i imagine it already is but that might make a difference if it's off

[Image: vhs51j.gif]
[Image: rrmvpd.gif]
[Image: 5wfajm.gif]
[Image: 33cmd7m.gif]
[Image: s3g8xs.gif]
[Image: 2dmbam1.gif]
[Image: 1e5tuv.gif]
[Image: 1fzo94.jpg]
Surf314

05-08-2008, 08:23 AM

(05-08-2008, 07:46 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: There some network optimizer bullcrap built into vista that you might want to turn off, it kept me from accessing the server's FTP when I was at home.

Please tell me how to do this, also TD it is on.